Homebrew Boot Roms With Menudo using R4iRTS(all made by M3 team)

ninjaapple

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chad
I have successfully and without much work found a way to boot roms with menudo on r4i rts thanks to gaboros(YSM3 and WoodR4 for M3) and soulanger(menudo)
bow.gif

I know all the hype about menudo not being made for boot roms bla bla so don't be telling me about that and booting roms is actually what people wanted in the first place. Just giving them what they want.

nds.gif

You can boot the roms either with WoodR4 for M3 but of course you would have the low(or lower) rom compatibility of WoodR4 1.25 as you mentioned in your thread.
OR
More preferably you can use YSM3 to boot the rom.

It is probably worth mentioning I only tested this with the "generic" version of Menudo.

Link to WoodR4 for M3 and YSM3 :files
Link to Menudo:files
Please use the generic version.

Instructions for using YSM3(pretty straightforward noob style):
Install YSM3 on flashcart. Rename YSM3.nds to YSMenu.nds
Install generic version of menudo.
Go to /_menudo/donors/and change the name of or delete nds.ini and rename nds.ysmenu.ini to nds.ini.
Save
DONE!

May work on M3.

Instructions for WoodR4:
Install "generic" version of menudo.
Install WoodR4 for M3 on flashcart.
Copy wood_r4_m3.nds to /__rpg/
Edit woodload.ini and under _R4i=/__rpg/r4idsnloader.nds in another line add "R4iRTS=/__rpg/wood_r4_m3.nds
Save
DONE!!

Have fun!

ninjaapple

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chad
._. wut? ...there are default folders on the website that are already made for most flashcarts...

yes they work but they do not boot roms on the R4iSDHC RTS(r4isdhc.com),R4i RTS(r4rts.com) or other M3 clones. Maybe not even on the M3's themselves. My point is this allows you to boot roms on M3's and M3 clones.

can you make this for the Acekard 2i or M3 DS Real?

I believe this works on the M3 DS Real and go http://menudo.yolasite.com/resources/menudo-files/localizations/12311/acekard.zip for the menudo for acekard that allows rom loading.

ninjaapple

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chad
What's with all the sudden interest in MENUdo?
I always wanted to use menudo on my flashcart but between a fancy looking skin,theme,whatever and a normal looking one that actually boot roms was that even a question.
I just did some playing around and only a few days ago I happened to get it to work(rom loading i mean).

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Just kind of putting this out there, but the ysmenu instructions aren't really that hard to figure out (and there should be instructions somewhere IIRC since it IS one of the two main ways people use MENUdo...ysmenu or AKAIO...though the number of those people are so little anyways)...and what you are doing with the M3 wood stuff makes no sense.
Edit woodload.ini and under _R4i=/__rpg/r4idsnloader.nds in another line add "R4iRTS=/__rpg/wood_r4_m3.nds
You copied a file over to a folder...and then used an invalid line that isn't even read to reference it.

The only REAL thing a person needs to do to get ROM loading working is to check the donor file, and make sure that what they are using to boot ROMs has autoboot...Besides that, I could just come up with the instructions: "Put on working backend loader. Configure donor nds.ini file." and that would cover every flashcart that can possibly use MENUdo (yeah, it's that easy to set up...if you had popped into the IRC, I could have told you that in like a minute :/).

ninjaapple

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chad
Just kind of putting this out there, but the ysmenu instructions aren't really that hard to figure out (and there should be instructions somewhere IIRC since it IS one of the two main ways people use MENUdo...ysmenu or AKAIO...though the number of those people are so little anyways)...and what you are doing with the M3 wood stuff makes no sense.
You copied a file over to a folder...and then used an invalid line that isn't even read to reference it.

The only REAL thing a person needs to do to get ROM loading working is to check the donor file, and make sure that what they are using to boot ROMs has autoboot...Besides that, I could just come up with the instructions: "Put on working backend loader. Configure donor nds.ini file." and that would cover every flashcart that can possibly use MENUdo (yeah, it's that easy to set up...if you had popped into the IRC, I could have told you that in like a minute :/).
thats true but hey, it works!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: +1