smile.gif
So very true!

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vater Unser said:
No there isn't, and why should there be?
The conception of being able to boot Wii software with any other supported input device other than the Wiimote itself is plainly absurd and would just be highly confusing for end-users.
wtf.gif

I'm seriously sick of people asking for features NOBODY needs
mad.gif

Stop trying to waste Nintendo's time, don't you see they're busy preparing Wii Music?

umm...there is, its been said about a half dozen times before you said there isnt.....nice work.

QUOTE(fly_us @ Sep 10 2008, 07:03 PM) Soon or later he still need to buy another Wiimote, since Wii is [absolutely] a brick without one.

best point made so far in this thread....just get another one, dont skimp on 30ish bucks, youre just punishing yourself for no reason.

as far as the green screen, you either have a bad iso, bad burn, really bad luck, or you could just try taking out the disc completely while at that screen, wait a moment, and reinsert, works a lot of the time

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
noobwarrior7 said:
Vater Unser said:
No there isn't, and why should there be?
The conception of being able to boot Wii software with any other supported input device other than the Wiimote itself is plainly absurd and would just be highly confusing for end-users.
wtf.gif

I'm seriously sick of people asking for features NOBODY needs
mad.gif

Stop trying to waste Nintendo's time, don't you see they're busy preparing Wii Music?

umm...there is, its been said about a half dozen times before you said there isnt.....nice work.
Nice work failing to see the sarcasm. Also, it's NOT possible without installing a custom IOS, and even then it's far from how it should be, so my point still stands.

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
Vater Unser said:
Nice work failing to see the sarcasm. Also, it's NOT possible without installing a custom IOS, and even then it's far from how it should be, so my point still stands.

Well it got nothing to do with a Custom IOS. You need either

1. wii with modchip that can autoboot
2. autoboot patched game
3. gc controller

or

1. wii with starfall installed
2. original or backup game (no autoboot patching needed)
3. gc controller

Still I think the same about the use of this... replacing wiimote with something is very irrelevant and is of nearly zero use...

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Okay, then it's not a custom IOS but a system menu hack you'll have to install, is it that big of a difference? The risk of bricking your Wii is still there either way.
Many modchips can't autoboot, and even here at GBAtemp many people don't even have one, so installing Starfall is the only solution that will work for everyone, and it still SUCKS because you still can't boot any VC, Wiiware or homebrew channels without the Wiimote.

bigjohn8411

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
datel came out with a wireless classic controller, and if im not mistaken, it has a power button right on it. and im pretty sure you could even control the wii pointer with it. kind of pointless though, as its 30$ compared to a wii remote (20$)

just thought i'd throw that out there

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vater Unser said:
Okay, then it's not a custom IOS but a system menu hack you'll have to install, is it that big of a difference? The risk of bricking your Wii is still there either way.
Many modchips can't autoboot, and even here at GBAtemp many people don't even have one, so installing Starfall is the only solution that will work for everyone, and it still SUCKS because you still can't boot any VC, Wiiware or homebrew channels without the Wiimote.

Yes, it is a huge difference....custom IOSes are theoretically much MUCH safer than Starfall, because starfall patches the system menu and it's IOS, although starfall has been thoroughly tested and rest assured it is safe as well.
They also aren't the same thing....anyways...moving on.

as far as "working for everyone"....I think this guy is the only one asking for how to avoid using a wiimote on a wii...and his question seems to have been answered in all ways that it could be....and as an addendum...dont mess with starfall just to avoid using a wiimote, its a great program, I use it, but if its gonna take that.....just steal someone elses wiimote...

and at vater, sorry I didnt detect your sarcasm, it simply sounded more like you were uninformed.

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
@Vater Unser
What I want to say more or less written by the noobwarrior7... let alone Starfall being a bricker... If I was able to install it before my banner brick then I'd be able to autoboot and fix my problem...

And forget about the Starfall, It's just mentioned here out of probability.

Sometimes you be the one or out of a few that suffering from a special problem... then it's good to know the probabilities...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Even my mum slept on that uremum