Hacking Boot games without WiiMote?

NikoK

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is there ANY sort of way to do this? I just came back from a huge brawl tournament and got my wiimote stolen, and have videos captured of me vs chibosempai and ninjalink that I need to get up asap.

Help
frown.gif

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
NikoK said:
Is there ANY sort of way to do this? I just came back from a huge brawl tournament and got my wiimote stolen, and have videos captured of me vs chibosempai and ninjalink that I need to get up asap.

Help
frown.gif

If you have starfall and a gc controller, maybe you can autoboot ssbb and use it with the gc controller (not quite sure about the gc controller part)

NikoK

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How would I manage to boot starfall though. I'm pretty sure this can't be done, I'm guessing theres no boot dvds for wii.

Tichinde925

Marth Ditto Money Match?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Starfall CAN bootup any Official Wii Game. (Not backups!)

Plug a gamecube controller into the Player 1 slot.

Hold the Y Button.

Insert a Wii disc, which will power on the Wii.

The Wii game will be autobooted with no Wiimote and will function 100% as normal.

NikoK

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
skawo96 said:
Starfall isn't needed. You need autoboot disc and a modchip.
Where can I find autoboot disc? I have a modchip. So this will allow me to boot up brawl without my wiimote? As well as other channels?

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
NikoK said:
skawo96 said:
Starfall isn't needed. You need autoboot disc and a modchip.
Where can I find autoboot disc? I have a modchip. So this will allow me to boot up brawl without my wiimote? As well as other channels?
Only game you have autobootable disc

Use WiiBootMe program to make brawl autobootable, scrub it and burn to single layer disc. Then replace this disc with double layer one and play
tongue.gif

fly_us

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
even if you can boot but how to control without the Wiimote? Unless you have GC controller or smthing.

And how to install Starfall without one?

..scratching my head

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
fly_us said:
even if you can boot but how to control without the Wiimote? Unless you have GC controller or smthing.

..scratching my head
1. No Starfall
2. Modchip
3. Autobootable disc
4. GC controller

Collide 2 3 and 4 and bam.

ChiboSempai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
haha wow i just made an account to post since iv been using the thread about injecting ur own vc games to make my own, and i saw this thread and instantly thought brawl, and noticed it was nikok and even mentioned me! lol

yea, booting into brawl without a wii remote would be priceless lol
so whats this starfall thing? and i saw something about holding y with a gamecube controller? how do i set this up?

Tichinde925

Marth Ditto Money Match?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
First off, im guessing he doesnt have a modchip and I dont think he would get one just to autoboot games.

It would be cheaper to just get another Wiimote.

Cheapest of all would be to borrow a friend's wiimote and install starfall, no modchip / opening up the Wii would be necessary.

Info on Starfall:

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Starfall

fly_us

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At least read the questions and some answer first, he said that he has a modded chip and no starfall installed. But not all of them can run autoboot disc (my D2CPro is an example
frown.gif
). If his modchip is not autoboot-able, or doesn't have a GC controller, then the only option is try to get another Wiimote.

@NikoK: If you have an autoboot-able modchip, then use bootme to patch an autoboot disc of Brawl. But you still need GC controller to control it. That why i said how could you control unless you have one, we don't have enough information.

Starfall doesn't helps at all if he didn't installed it. He want to boot the Brawl now to get the video for now, so what the point to tell him to borrow another Wiimote, then install Starfall, then autoboot the game?. Soon or later he still need to buy another Wiimote, since Wii is almost a brick without one.

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
NikoK said:
Is there ANY sort of way to do this?
No there isn't, and why should there be?
The conception of being able to boot Wii software with any other supported input device other than the Wiimote itself is plainly absurd and would just be highly confusing for end-users.
wtf.gif

I'm seriously sick of people asking for features NOBODY needs
mad.gif

Stop trying to waste Nintendo's time, don't you see they're busy preparing Wii Music?

NikoK

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
skawo96 said:
fly_us said:

..scratching my head
1. No Starfall
2. Modchip
3. Autobootable disc
4. GC controller

Collide 2 3 and 4 and bam.
So I used BootMe to set the disc to autoboot. ReBurnt it and when it autoboots (Yes, It works...) Gives me the gay green tinted screen asking to please insert the Super Smash Bros Brawl Game disc, It's pretty much stuck here. :S Help?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me...