Hardware Bluetooth module and System menu

HiRuMi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Why is it if the blutooth module is fried you can't go to the system menu?... And what other things affect the Wii when the bluetooth module is fried?
I've been asking around about me can't go to System menu and my Wiimote won't sync and came to a conclusion that my bluetooth module is fried.

But it seems not just the system menu I can't load, I can't load up homebrew aswell.
I tried loading GC Backup launcher to play my GC games but it just black out, same for MPlayer CE. It froze upon loading.

So is having a fried bluetooth module really this bad?.. Or it's something else going on with my Wii???

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
The hardware is checked somewhere early in the booting process. If anything's broken, the Wii will simply halt. There is nothing software-wise that can fix this.

HiRuMi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
It should greet me with a nice(ugh!) black screen. But bootmi painted colors to give it some life.
Ah I see... So having a broken/fried component (any component?) will halt the Wii?...

Sorry for the inconvenience.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
HiRuMi said:
But it seems not just the system menu I can't load, I can't load up homebrew aswell.
I tried loading GC Backup launcher to play my GC games but it just black out, same for MPlayer CE. It froze upon loading.
This part keeps bothering me. How can you even launch a Backup Launcher or MPlayer CE, if your System Menu won't boot?
unsure.gif

QUOTE(HiRuMi @ Oct 17 2010, 03:22 PM) It should greet me with a nice(ugh!) black screen. But bootmi painted colors to give it some life.
Ah I see... So having a broken/fried component (any component?) will halt the Wii?...

Sorry for the inconvenience.
Yep, in almost all cases, your Wii will stop booting altogether.

HiRuMi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I have bootmi as boot2... Which allows access to HBC
From there, I tried installing official IOSes but no luck (before knowing my bt module died)

Thx anyway. Really was helpful.
End communication

HiRuMi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
o.0 really?... Then how'd I fix it?... And how about the un-sync-able wiimote?
But really I've already tried downloading all the 4.2 WADs and installed them but still the same

HiRuMi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Send it to Ninty?!... Thats the only thing I would never do...
use 4.3.1 eh?... That'd really work?... And are you sure its not my bt module?

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Errr.... I'm going to have to disagree raulpica... The fact that System menu won't boot but Bootmii WILL is almost a guarantee it's the bluetooth module.

Bootmii as boot2 boots well before system menu or any hardware checks (bootmii as boot2 starts before any PPC code is active including system menu and it's hardware checks)

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't sync your wii remotes without being either in a system menu or a game. If you try syncing them in the homebrew channel, it won't work.

Do you have priiloader installed (if so which version).

I'm assuming you have system 4.2

Since you can get to the homebrew channel, can you post an IOS check? So we can make sure you didn't install a stubbed IOS 70 and make sure everything checks out?

HiRuMi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
IOS check? No priiloader, and yes 4.2

It happened before I even touched the IOSes (somewhat virgin)
Its definitely bt module.. I replace it and everything is fine right?...
Also I've been getting this ret= -1XXX when installing some IOS wads... I wonder whats missing?

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Retry errors are usually:

1) You are trying to install a lower version IOS without the proper permissions (Cannot downgrade IOSes)
2) You are trying to install a non-official IOS without the proper permissions (usually some type of patch to it)

The way to fix these errors is to load whatever WAD manager you are using with either a Trucha IOS or normally a CIOS (if you have installed Wan CIOS 18+, 250 should work).

Everytime I recommend someone to use IOScheck I always forget where a download and information is located. Let me try finding it for you. What it does it print out a report of all your IOS's, normally bricks are a result of installing a system menu IOS that is a stub or something similar.

Let me put it this way, if it is not the blue tooth module, then replacing it won't fix it. It is common logic but I am not making any inferences on what would happen if it was the bluetooth module whether or not replacing it would fix it =)

It's not IOS check, it's SysCheck 2.0!
Here is the information + download: http://filetrip.net/f12865-sysCheck-2-0-1.html

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
koji2009 said:
Errr.... I'm going to have to disagree raulpica... The fact that System menu won't boot but Bootmii WILL is almost a guarantee it's the bluetooth module.

Bootmii as boot2 boots well before system menu or any hardware checks (bootmii as boot2 starts before any PPC code is active including system menu and it's hardware checks)
Lol, might be. Never seen a Wii with bootmii and a fried BT module
tongue.gif
Thx for the info.

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For a bit more technical of an explaination... The Wii has an ARM processor which is it's lowest level... When you turn the Wii on, it runs the ARM processor and the information on boot1 and boot2 tell it how to turn on the PPC processor and load an IOS. The IOS initializes the rest of the hardware and loads System menu.

Bootmii modifies the Boot2 and instead of aiming it an IOS, it points it to Mini which is TeamTwiizers 'IOS' (it's not really an ios... but that's the simplest way of explaining it) capable of interacting with hardware directly... This boots Bootmii and thus bypasses the hardware checks (which either occurs in IOS or in System menu's early boot up... no idea which)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night