Hacking Blocking 9.3.0-21 with your Wi-Fi router

eureca

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wanted chime in and say that the dd-wrt way works flawlessly,(using linksys wrt54g v2) currently at school but does anyone know if you can access the pokemon event for ruby/sapphire even with these ports blocked? I'll try once I get back if nobody knows and report back with findings.

Same here the DD-WRT tutorial works great for me. I have a 2DS and have to use the browser gateway thing. So this is really helpful. If I ever had to download a game update on emunand I just wait till I get into emunand remove the blocked addresses in my router and click apply settings. Then add them again after the update is finished. FYI I don't seem to have to reset the router to block and unblock these addresses just apply and it works.

As for Pokemon I can't say for sure but after I updated my pokemon Y game I was able to connect online in my game while the 3DS update/shop addresses were blocked. I didn't battle or trade or anything I just wanted to see if it would let me in and it did.

Reactions: bobtheglob101

Ruby Gloom

GBAtemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Same here the DD-WRT tutorial works great for me. I have a 2DS and have to use the browser gateway thing. So this is really helpful. If I ever had to download a game update on emunand I just wait till I get into emunand remove the blocked addresses in my router and click apply settings. Then add them again after the update is finished. FYI I don't seem to have to reset the router to block and unblock these addresses just apply and it works.

As for Pokemon I can't say for sure but after I updated my pokemon Y game I was able to connect online in my game while the 3DS update/shop addresses were blocked. I didn't battle or trade or anything I just wanted to see if it would let me in and it did.
All games use their own servers to avoid the system mix-up of Mario Kart 7 network traffic in with Smash 3DS. So, you can access your events so long as you are playing online on that game and you didn't accidentally block that game's server. If you block Nintendo's master server, you're out on all services unless they release another server for those who do block it. Nintendo, our systems. Not yours. We update if we want.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.