Ergo Ego
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DSGamer64 said:
Guild McCommunist said:
I still find WoW to be an inferior MMO. It's kinda like CoD. It's not really good but you keep playing it because it's addictive as all hell. Then you find you've been wasting all your money on it.

Guild Wars is where it's at. The entire collection of Steam is pretty cheap and there's no pay-as-you-go fee. Plus it's less focused on grinding and more focused on getting into the PvP scene or getting cash in the PvE scene. Only downside is that ArenaNet can't balance things for shit. If you've played it and remembered the big Smiter's Boon nerf then you'll know what I mean.
Except no one played it after the first like year, buying stuff is pretty much impossible if you are a new player since it's so damn expensive, questing is insanely annoying because NPC party members are retarded in AI design and you spend more time dying trying to kill things with your NPC party then you would with real players. And it lacks any kind of in game mail system, proper crafting and gathering professions, and a larger more diverse skill system. I played Guild Wars right through to Eye of the North and I gave up on it, questing was impossible solo and you needed a group to do most of them due to the high number of mobs.

The only thing Guild Wars had going for it was a stable PvP system, in WoW it's so insanely imbalanced because Blizzard can't put in the time to make all classes do the same amount of damage or healing in PvP without it impacting raiding as well.

I totally disagree, Ive done 1 quest in Guild Wars with another player... because I had to (the training one) the rest I did with NPC's and it worked VERY good for me. Nearing the end of Prophecies (had teh game since day 1 but never got around to finishing it lol) I really enjoyed this game albeit I dontl ike I have to buy expansions to get Heroes but thats what expansions are all about I suppose

GundamXXX

Ergo Ego
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DSGamer64 said:
Bladexdsl said:
Zantheo said:
"Another WOW clone"?

You're serious?
yes except this time blizzard are making the clone of themselves
laugh.gif
You are dumb, enough said.

Titan was supposed to be a Halo MMOFPS long ago before Microsoft bought Bungie, who were working with Blizzard on a game of epic proportions. Titan is assumed to be a massively multiplayer first person shooter game by WarCraft fans, and that it was supposed to be the successor and the next big thing in online multiplayer gaming. Unfortunately when World of WarCraft came out, the technology to create such an environment had not been realized and it has taken a good 6 years and building a huge player base with World of WarCraft to prove that huge environments with thousands of players is humanly possible.

When Bungie went private and Microsoft bought the rights to the Halo franchise, they knew that Titan would not be a game featuring their original idea, but they are now back working with Blizzard on an MMO FPS using the same code name though it will more then likely be a new gaming universe, or possibly a StarCraft Ghost type of game just in a massive player setting base. The prospect of an MMO FPS sound interesting and I will wait patiently until they announce it.

MMOFPS would be.... I dont know, it sounds intresting enough but knowing Blizzard theyll make it an RPG with first person view because honestly, what else can you do with and FPS besides that?

Titan will most likely be yet ANOTHER spin off from one of their games. Blizzard might be good at making games but all theyve really done is StarCraft Warcraft and Diablo and theyre respective sequels. This basicly means theyre a 3 game show. Theyve been relying on WoW for the last few years and now theyre relying on SC2. With Titan they will be relying purely on brandname I reckon, wether its the name Blizzard or the name of a previous game that this is a spin off from I dont know

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DSGamer64 said:
Guild McCommunist said:
I still find WoW to be an inferior MMO. It's kinda like CoD. It's not really good but you keep playing it because it's addictive as all hell. Then you find you've been wasting all your money on it.

Guild Wars is where it's at. The entire collection of Steam is pretty cheap and there's no pay-as-you-go fee. Plus it's less focused on grinding and more focused on getting into the PvP scene or getting cash in the PvE scene. Only downside is that ArenaNet can't balance things for shit. If you've played it and remembered the big Smiter's Boon nerf then you'll know what I mean.
Except no one played it after the first like year, buying stuff is pretty much impossible if you are a new player since it's so damn expensive, questing is insanely annoying because NPC party members are retarded in AI design and you spend more time dying trying to kill things with your NPC party then you would with real players. And it lacks any kind of in game mail system, proper crafting and gathering professions, and a larger more diverse skill system. I played Guild Wars right through to Eye of the North and I gave up on it, questing was impossible solo and you needed a group to do most of them due to the high number of mobs.

The only thing Guild Wars had going for it was a stable PvP system, in WoW it's so insanely imbalanced because Blizzard can't put in the time to make all classes do the same amount of damage or healing in PvP without it impacting raiding as well.

Then you obviously suck at the game.

NPC party members suck at some things but are great at others. You make skill bars that cater to their strengths. They were never really that retarded if you put a good skill bar on them. You can also direct your heroes, tell them which skills to use, what strategy to follow, etc. Hotkeys are magical.

You can't buy stuff when you're a newbie. Oh no! It's not like this is the case for EVERY MMO. You need to get stronger and get better to start earning stuff. It's not even that hard to start farming rares with the right build. Hell I was able to solo Shiro for profit in Factions with my Assassin.

And needing groups for PvE? No shit. Outside some of the main story quests you can do a lot of them with Heroes/Henchies. For those that you can't, it's not hard to find a party of human players. The game is meant to be done with groups.

All Guild Wars did was take away a lot of the useless grinding. You could still upgrade and customize weapons, have a diverse enough skill set, etc.

As for PvP, that's actually my biggest complaint. It's fun, but ArenaNet can't balance for shit. Sure, everyone is on a "level" playing field at lvl 20 and with PvP characters you can access pretty much any combo of weapons or skills, people just use the same builds competitively. ArenaNet buffs one skill, one popular team uses it in their build, and everyone uses it. That's the case for like GvG and TA and stuff.

From all your complaints, you just suck at the game. I've played all the campaigns multiple times and was into PvP a fair amount and never found any of these problems. You're just bad at it and think the game is bad because of it.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As an avid GW player, I have almost never had problems with the Henchies. In fact I hated going with other players, because of the fact that I was playing on a time limit with my brother, and most of the main quests took at least an hour to complete at a time. My team would also get extremely pissed when the inevitable announcement came: "Guiez I have to leeve". The game was also what got me into games with similar classing systems. Main class and a sub class. I heart my Monk/Warrior.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To be fair, it's probably cheaper to just pump out WoW expansions. They'll keep that going til the heat death of the universe.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
smea linked the article up yesterday, if that guy's ability to say a lot but actually say nothing of worth is as good as it appears there then he has a bright future ahead of him in politics, nfl conferences or being an on site reporter.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sorry I sat on them when they were open
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    eeewww
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I thought it was the toilet
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    okies. Time to go watch YT paranormal ghost things. L8er my luvs :D
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got a massive clue
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    this mf def ain't watching ghost shit, he boutta beat his meat fr
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah he's about to be the ghost in your bedroom
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, and leave ectoplasm all over the place
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:

this is him being described
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I dislike the kind of drm where you have to play single player games online all the time bc of some verification bs
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Don't use games that have Easy Anti-Cheat as its been exploited many times.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, my PC can't run most AAA games so i wont
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Most of the modern AAA games
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I also heard one of the Prince of Persia games was so unfinished that it required the "24/7 online" drm so a puzzle could be done and the game could be finished. And that when the Ubisoft servers were closed the (cracked) game was impossible to finish or something like that
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, That's extra scummy. Ubisoft nowadays ship out incomplete games like Skull and Bones which was being worked on for nearly a decade now.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, i think they have been doing that since late 2000s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Either that or their old games were unfinished aswell but we can't notice it
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I like that games can be fixed after the fact, hate that it's being abused via beta tests... And DLC... I was a 7800 owner back in the day and loved Impossible Mission, turns out I couldn't beat it because it was actually impossible lol
    I never knew about it at the time but a fixed version was available but you had to mail in your broken copy lol
    So that version is semi rare
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: So that version is semi rare