Hacking Black Wii - No BootMii?

J0ker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
See, we lucky basterds from europe (end sarcasm here) get a black wii bundle with WM+ and Wii Sports resort for lousy 200 bucks next month.
I plan on getting that just for the sake of having it.
Now, AFAIK, there is NO way of installing BootMii on the new Boot2 that comes with new Wiis and i am pretty sure that the black wiis have the new boot2...

so there is no way around that right? if i buy a new wii, i cant have bootmii on boot2... or any other thing similar to it?

WalkerOfTheDay

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
No, there's no way around. But you still can hack those wii's and install preloader, bootmii as IOS.
Not quite as safe as boot2, but if you have some common sense and don't go installing a lot of wads you got 'somewhere' on the interwebs, you should be pretty safe.

SherlockHolmeboy

Trophies
Website
homebrefreeware.co.cc
XP
Country
Yeah, unless theres a magical boot1 exploit (which will probably never happen, according to TT), you can't install BootMii/boot2 to a Wii with a new boot1.
frown.gif
If you want to your Wii to look like it has BootMii/boot2, go with Walker's suggestion and install preloader 3.0, then set autoboot to 'BootMii IOS'.
smile.gif

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Or somebody sends Ninjas to Nintendo to retrieve the real keys. I still hope for that option... and that the Ninjas get equipped with cameras and the whole thing uploaded to youtube.
biggrin.gif

mousex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SherlockHolmeboy said:
Yeah, unless theres a magical boot1 exploit (which will probably never happen, according to TT)
And they are right with this point. There is so less code in boot1 that it would be real magic if a new exploit is found.

QUOTE(Aeon @ Oct 23 2009, 03:30 PM) no team twiizers shall make black-bootmii special and only for the black wii!
Well, they can't.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SherlockHolmeboy said:
Yeah, unless theres a magical boot1 exploit (which will probably never happen, according to TT), you can't install BootMii/boot2 to a Wii with a new boot1.
frown.gif
If you want to your Wii to look like it has BootMii/boot2, go with Walker's suggestion and install preloader 3.0, then set autoboot to 'BootMii IOS'.
smile.gif
pointless

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
mousex said:
SherlockHolmeboy said:
Yeah, unless theres a magical boot1 exploit (which will probably never happen, according to TT)
And they are right with this point. There is so less code in boot1 that it would be real magic if a new exploit is found.

QUOTE(Aeon @ Oct 23 2009, 03:30 PM) no team twiizers shall make black-bootmii special and only for the black wii!
Well, they can't.

if it was possible then they should name it something like this!
yaynds.gif

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
@OP: Where did you get this info from? Media Markt? Or where? I ordered my black Kuro Wii 2 1/2 months back @Play-Asia.com

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
DeadlyFoez said:
I'm suprised that there is no way to install bootmii as boot2 with using an infectus to install it and hex edit some stuff for the newer wii's

I bet TT can do it, but too much effort for them to teach everyone in the world how to do it.

Maybe there is a way but this would be enormous hassle, dissasemble your Wii, solder, desolder, assemble your Wii, not to forget to flash the Nand to the Wii... OMG.

When they could do it, they would tell us how to do it.

Daco

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
DeadlyFoez said:
I'm suprised that there is no way to install bootmii as boot2 with using an infectus to install it and hex edit some stuff for the newer wii's

I bet TT can do it, but too much effort for them to teach everyone in the world how to do it.
cause the boot1 verifies the content using a hash.
you can't edit it like that cause you dont have permission (and even nand root permission or ES_DIVerify can help you there afaik) & the hash.

EDIT: forgot to crush all hardware edits : good luck reading the nand and having to change the hash too.
hell im not even sure if you CAN access the hash from boot2 even when connected hardware-level (cause it requires a private key only nintendo has)

Tux'

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slowking said:
Or somebody sends Ninjas to Nintendo to retrieve the real keys. I still hope for that option... and that the Ninjas get equipped with cameras and the whole thing uploaded to youtube.
biggrin.gif

Tried that. Nintendo has anti-ninja heat seeking missles. Sneak bastards.

Anyways, can't you use Infectus to flash your NAND to get the exploit in your boot1 or whatever with a hex editor?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this is him being described +1