KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi,

I followed the steps in the link given by @Robz8 to fix it, but I still have the black screen when I try to launch TwilightMenu++
Please clarify:
  • Does no DS software work at all (retail games, DS Download Play, DS Internet Settings)?
--- or ---
  • Does only TWiLight Menu++ not work?
========
In case no DS software works, and you already used TWLFix-CFW without success this might be bad. Not a 100% the same, but similar cases with persistently broken DS(i) mode:

(Take your time reading and be prepared for some more complex trouble shooting without knowing if it will be successful at all)

[my DS Mode is Still bricked!] [DS Titles + Flashcart nonfunctional (White screen)]

EDIT:
:!: Please create a NAND backup of the current status on a known good (tested with h2testw, F3, F3X) SD before attempting any firmware repair! Store the backup also on your computer. You might need this backup if repair attempts make the situation worse.

Last edited by KleinesSinchen,

Zakiboi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I am running Luma CFW, the Nintendo DS Connection is working fine, but after I have installed the CIAs and run the updater, the TWiLight Menu++ gives me an "error" message as soon as I run it (An error has occurred. Hold down the POWER Button to turn off the power, then turn it on and try again). Does anyone know why this is, and how I can fix it? I have already run the troubleshooting guide to no help.
Many thanks

Arcolus

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
@KleinesSinchen It looks bad. DS cartridge does not work nor does the DS Internet Settings. I've already tried the TWLFix-CFW without success.
I'll try the other steps you've given. Thanks for the help.

Gabriel4g

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have the same problem, when I have to open the twilight menu ++ on my 3ds Eur, a black screen is any button I press it back to the START menu, on my 3ds model USA the twilight menu ++ opens normally

mooz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi guy.

have you fixed it?
So this may be obvious to some people but I was confused when using TWLFix-CFW because I kept getting that everything failed, but running the homebrew program in only part of the actual process, you then hit start to shut down (or reboot or whatever it is) and then when it boots back up, go into System Settings and do a software update. I ran TWLFix-CFW many times but it only fixed the problem with a software update.

Good luck!

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So this may be obvious to some people but I was confused when using TWLFix-CFW because I kept getting that everything failed, but running the homebrew program in only part of the actual process, you then hit start to shut down (or reboot or whatever it is) and then when it boots back up, go into System Settings and do a software update. I ran TWLFix-CFW many times but it only fixed the problem with a software update.

Good luck!
This is correct and already part of the explanation on The Guide:
https://3ds.hacks.guide/troubleshooting#dsi--ds-functionality-is-broken-after-completing-the-guide
Guide.png

As well as the on release page of TWLFix-CFW:
https://github.com/MechanicalDragon0687/TWLFix-CFW/releases/tag/1.1
Release.png

Physicist_569

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi! I just experienced the "black screen DS mode" whenever I launch Twilight Menu, DS Cartridge, DS Download Play, Nintendo DS Connections, etc. I tried NVRAM fix (https://gbatemp.net/threads/recover-ds-mode-after-an-nvram-brick-eg-after-using-a-ds-bricker.516444/), TWLFix-CFW (plus the system update), and a CTRTransfer without any success.

The weird thing is that anything DS-related ran fine without my SD Card inserted. It turns out the culprit for me was TWLPatcher, specifically the twlbg.xci file it creates within the luma/sysmodules folder. Deleting this solves everything. I think it may have been corrupted since rerunning TWLPatcher and having it create a new luma/sysmodules/twlbg.xci is ok now. :)

Last edited by Physicist_569,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just Luv having CEX :)