Black screen when launching wad via USB Loader GX

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by pin, Dec 23, 2009.

1. pin
    OP

pin GBAtemp Regular

Apr 21, 2009
    hi,

when I run apps from HBC direct, they run fine - e.g. emus . If I try to run them via HBC channel in USB Loader GX, I only get a black screen.

Any ideas what could be causing this?

Thanks

2. Taleweaver

Taleweaver Storywriter

Dec 23, 2009
    Belgium
    Belgium
    That's the same problem (but more summarized) as I described in the USB loader GX thread (direct link. Unfortunate enough, I'm still not quite able to fix it. What I can say:

-have the latest version of Hermes's 222/223 IOS installed (rev 4 at the moment)
    -make sure your USB loader GX version is up to date (duh!)
    -in the settings, make sure your path is correct
    -in that path, make sure that there are no other .dol files than the boot.dol files you want listed (GX finds and lists every file with a .dol extension, not "just" the ones named SD:\apps\\boot.dol. This includes SD:\apps\\oldversion\boot.dol, SD:\apps\\boot beta1.dol and so on). It seems to me that the files which aren't properly named (=one subfolder lower than the designated folder and named "boot.dol") don't load.

...I'm still stuck with a few things myself (not all homebrew loads (MPlayerCE still blackscreens on me), and the ones that do don't load with the correct settings), so beyond that I could use some help as well.

3. pin
    OP

pin GBAtemp Regular

Apr 21, 2009
    Hmm,,thanks for the comprehensive reply Wever.
    I guess I could update my IOS as you suggested; my only concern is that other things make break.
    It's more of an annoyance than an issue, so I may just grin and bear it.

Thanks for taking time to answer though, and Merry Xmas

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice