Hacking Question Black screen on boot with emuNAND set up and loading fusee-primary

lovebirdlover

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thats basically it. I partitioned my sd card, first side was the nand reservation and the other side my empty space left on my sd. I used MakeEmu.exe for the nand portion, set up atmospheres files on the empty space partition and can boot to sysNAND fine, i just get an error saying my sd card needs to be formatted, but when launching fusee-primary, it boots, shows the splash screen, the black and white image, then just black and no boot.

Has anyone encountered this? Really confused now if im doing this correctly. Thanks!

Edit: when partitioning, HAVE IT so its the empty space on your sd card, THEN the reserved space for NAND!

Last edited by lovebirdlover,

FGFlann

Trophies
XP
Country
Thats basically it. I partitioned my sd card, first side was the nand reservation and the other side my empty space left on my sd. I used MakeEmu.exe for the nand portion, set up atmospheres files on the empty space partition and can boot to sysNAND fine, i just get an error saying my sd card needs to be formatted, but when launching fusee-primary, it boots, shows the splash screen, the black and white image, then just black and no boot.

Has anyone encountered this? Really confused now if im doing this correctly. Thanks!
I've had the same result.

Firmware 2.20, booting into atmosphere with Pegascape/Caffeine.

DD'd combined, clean BOOT0, BOOT1, and rawnand into a 32GB partition on the micro SD.

Partition's first sector recorded appropriately in hexadecimal in emummc.ini.

Process reaches atmosphere bootscreens then goes black as you described.

Process repeated three times on three different SD cards and results are identical.

Otherwise, atmosphere boots into sysnand without issue.

lovebirdlover

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

DD'd combined, clean BOOT0, BOOT1, and rawnand into a 32GB partition on the micro SD.

Process repeated three times on three different SD cards and results are identical.

Hmm lmk if you find a solution!

lovebirdlover

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Check my edit for my solution i found!

FGFlann

Trophies
XP
Country
when partitioning, HAVE IT so its the empty space on your sd card, THEN the reserved space for NAND!
I don't really understand. Are you saying to leave empty space between the FAT32 partition and the nand or to have nothing but empty space before the nand? Could you clarify?

lovebirdlover

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't really understand. Are you saying to leave empty space between the FAT32 partition and the nand or to have nothing but empty space before the nand? Could you clarify?
Make the first partition the remaining amount of space your sd card has after taking account of the 29gb. So if you have a 64gb sd, first partition is 35 and the other 29

FGFlann

Trophies
XP
Country
That's the normal setup procedure I've already been following, so I guess I'll be stuck for a little longer.

FGFlann

Trophies
XP
Country
As of Atmosphere 0.9.2, whatever my issue was has been resolved and I can now boot into emummc without issue. :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker. +1