Question Black screen on boot with emuNAND set up and loading fusee-primary

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by lovebirdlover, Jun 28, 2019.

1. lovebirdlover
    OP

lovebirdlover Member

Newcomer
    Oct 29, 2018
    United States
    Ca
    Thats basically it. I partitioned my sd card, first side was the nand reservation and the other side my empty space left on my sd. I used MakeEmu.exe for the nand portion, set up atmospheres files on the empty space partition and can boot to sysNAND fine, i just get an error saying my sd card needs to be formatted, but when launching fusee-primary, it boots, shows the splash screen, the black and white image, then just black and no boot.

Has anyone encountered this? Really confused now if im doing this correctly. Thanks!

Edit: when partitioning, HAVE IT so its the empty space on your sd card, THEN the reserved space for NAND!

Last edited by lovebirdlover, Jun 28, 2019
  2. FGFlann

FGFlann GBAtemp Regular

Nov 10, 2015
    I've had the same result.

Firmware 2.20, booting into atmosphere with Pegascape/Caffeine.

DD'd combined, clean BOOT0, BOOT1, and rawnand into a 32GB partition on the micro SD.

Partition's first sector recorded appropriately in hexadecimal in emummc.ini.

Process reaches atmosphere bootscreens then goes black as you described.

Process repeated three times on three different SD cards and results are identical.

Otherwise, atmosphere boots into sysnand without issue.

3. lovebirdlover
    OP

lovebirdlover Member

Newcomer
    Oct 29, 2018
    United States
    Ca
    Hmm lmk if you find a solution!

4. lovebirdlover
    OP

lovebirdlover Member

Newcomer
    Oct 29, 2018
    United States
    Ca
    Check my edit for my solution i found!

5. FGFlann

FGFlann GBAtemp Regular

Nov 10, 2015
    I don't really understand. Are you saying to leave empty space between the FAT32 partition and the nand or to have nothing but empty space before the nand? Could you clarify?

6. lovebirdlover
    OP

lovebirdlover Member

Newcomer
    Oct 29, 2018
    United States
    Ca
    Make the first partition the remaining amount of space your sd card has after taking account of the 29gb. So if you have a 64gb sd, first partition is 35 and the other 29

7. FGFlann

FGFlann GBAtemp Regular

Nov 10, 2015
    That's the normal setup procedure I've already been following, so I guess I'll be stuck for a little longer.

8. FGFlann

FGFlann GBAtemp Regular

Nov 10, 2015
    As of Atmosphere 0.9.2, whatever my issue was has been resolved and I can now boot into emummc without issue. :)

9. kisamesama

kisamesama GBAtemp Fan

Sep 29, 2008
    United States
    same issue guys... I am stuck on the black screen... how to force shutdown or restart?

Last edited by kisamesama, Sep 14, 2019
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted