Hacking BigBlueBox Says All the Other NSPS Are Wrong

veddermandan

Trophies
Website
youtu.be
XP
Country
Australia
All of this is bullshit. One of the many ways you can tell that Gary is talking out of his ass (as per usual) is that dev firmwares do not reveal CDN changes - dev firmwares do not interact with the retail CDN and, historically, do not even have the 'retail' code in place that consumer eShop stuff requires.

'Massive file checks on XCI' doesn't even make sense, an XCI is a 1:1 dump of a cartridge. Unless the certificate is stripped, there is nothing to check. That's not to say that XCI based piracy isn't addressable with a firmware update, but the way to address it has no relation to the garbage you are spouting. You don't 'check files'.

Keys don't matter, cart types don't matter. We have full control of the system, forever, thanks to the fatal flaws Nvidia shipped. Changing the keys doesn't mean anything when we control the system fully, we can just boot the 6.x firmware and ask it to decrypt whatever we want it to decrypt, run whatever we want.

'Hardware' being needed to bypass checks is idiotic beyond belief - we have full control of the system, forever. We can patch out any check. There is no need for anything hardware related, beyond a way to inject FG payloads. We don't need EmuNAND either, we can just identify the new checks in 6.x and patch them out.

Stop posting stupid ass shit, Gary. Go back to grifting. Leave technical stuff for people who actually understand it.

P.S: Since DevMenu doesn't actually even fucking install the garbage extra data BBB put into these 'proper' dumps, how are developers (running this mythical 6.x anti-piracy firmware) supposed to boot and test their titles? A new 6.x DevMenu would solve that problem for new installs, but is your claim here that Nintendo broke all existing legitimate developer installs by shipping consumer anti-piracy crap in a developer firmware seed? Rather than just, you know, not doing that, like they've done in the past?

See how fucking stupid your claims are? They don't even make sense, on any level.
Mate everything you just stated is complete bullshit.
Updated firmwares have already plugged several holes. They will continue to do so.
Why do you keep commenting on things you have no idea about or even a general understanding of the subject.

alkar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah this is bullshit, at least the NSP part is. Because as mentionned in this very thread multiple times, even legit Switch don't have any traces of these XML or PNG on their file system, which is why I highly doubt that Nintendo will add any check for non existent files to begin with...

Hell let's say it's even a thing, a check on PNG ? Come on... don't be ridiculous.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

TheZander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah this is bullshit, at least the NSP part is. Because as mentionned in this very thread multiple times, even legit Switch don't have any traces of these XML or PNG on their file system, which is why I highly doubt that Nintendo will add any check for non existent files to begin with...

Hell let's say it's even a thing, a check on PNG ? Come on... don't be ridiculous.
I believe people who changed their avatar picture were banned. But I don't know if it was a PNG or not.

Reactions: Kioku

alkar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe people who changed their avatar picture were banned. But I don't know if it was a PNG or not.

And are you sure people were banned because they changed their avatar ? Maybe they were banned for using cfw in the first place, even worse using devmenu.

Nobody here knows the exact reason why one is banned, please stop assuming.

I myself can tell you I experienced a ban just by using home brew, layeredFS and booting up XCI. Which one of these is the culprit ? No idea, could be all three for all I know.

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
And are you sure people were banned because they changed their avatar ? Maybe they were banned for using cfw in the first place, even worse using devmenu.

Nobody here knows the exact reason why one is banned, please stop assuming.

I myself can tell you I experienced a ban just by using home brew, layeredFS and booting up XCI. Which one of these is the culprit ? No idea, could be all three for all I know.

I would say probably LayeredFS is the culprit there.

Reactions: veddermandan

blahblah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Massive file checks, can be better explained as 'background file checking and memory changes'

Since nintendo can't block hardware exploit on older units, they going to focus their efforts to see that data running in memory is not the same that it should be, as all current CFW's including SX OS, load modules that patch the original system, nintendo going to do alot more hashing, checking, comparing of what is occurring after their os is up and running and before it allows an installed app to launch or be installed, blocking it if it detects 'changes' or forcing a shutdown.

It is not hard to get around, but its going to slow down developers in future releases, alot more patches and going to have to be done now to bypass these new background checks, so much so that future development might now depend on emunand setup, or some sort of 'on-the-fly-patching' module.

But nothing to be totally worried about, just bad dumps of xci or nsp or fake packages will most likely no longer work after updating your firmware, forcing you to reset or uninstall them.
But you should NOT update until known scene developers have released more info on changes and what is coming, stay on 5.1 or better yet even 4.1 if possible, don't blindly update to 6.x series
More info will be released when the time is right over the coming weeks, long before big 'N' rolls out the changes which may not all be included in 6.0, some are scheduled for 6.1 builds (bug fixes)

Just know this, big 'N' has been studying for while now on how everyone is using the unpatchable hardware exploit, and are working hard on making it harder/slower for piracy and homebrew in future updates on the only part they have a bit of control on, updating the running firmware and forcing games both xci and nsp to only work on newer firmwares, so again don't blindly update, and wait until more info comes out from those with more knowledge then me on subject of changes, they currently don't want to release too many details, until its closer to nintendo finalizing their changes for retail units.

As I have previously said, all of this is false. Please stop posting nonsense on here.

jakkal

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

yeah you sure know what youre talking about /s

alkar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry but you really dont know shit. Nintendo can implement stricter anti piracy checks in their next fw update
When 6.0 gets released you should be the first to update

Sorry but you are naive if you think Nintendo would rely on checking these PNG. I never said they could not add some other checks but I said that NSP releases won’t help in anything.

Again not only it’s a stupid check because it’s easy to actually GET these PNG, but they are not installed on current FW.

Do you really think that Nintendo will force all legit users to redownload their games on 6.0 ?

Now who is stupid.

Last edited by alkar,

jakkal

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry but you are naive if you think Nintendo would rely on checking these PNG.

Again not only it’s a stupid check because it’s easy to actually GET these PNG, but they are not installed on current FW.

Do you really think that Nintendo will force all legit users to redownload their games on 6.0 ?

Now who is stupid.
who said its PNG checks you jackass?

alkar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you brought up the idea that they will check png
like anyone even said that. no one mentioned anything about PNG lol
No, but one that is assuming that these BBB releases are mandatory for 6.X like you are suggesting that they will just check for these PNG and a bunch of XML ( since that’s the only difference with previous NSP).

This is naive.

That being said I think that if they add some checks they might be patched OS side. The NSP themselves are just containers for a ticket a cert and NCA.

NCA are 1:1 cdn so they might add some more checks on the forged ticket and certs. Again not on PNG that are NOT installed.

They won’t add checks that need to redownload games. Nintendo won’t force people to redownload their games so they have to add checks on current installed games, leaving not much room.

Have a nice day, hopefully you have learnt a lot today.

Last edited by alkar,

jakkal

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, but one that is assuming that these BBB releases are mandatory for 6.X like you are suggesting that they will just check for these PNG and a bunch of XML ( since that’s the only difference with previous NSP).

This is naive.

That being said I think that if they add some checks they might be patched OS side. The NSP themselves are just containers for a ticket a cert and NCA.

NCA are 1:1 cdn so they might add some more checks on the forged ticket and certs. Again not on PNG that are NOT installed.

They won’t add checks that need to redownload games. Nintendo won’t force people to redownload their games so they have to add checks on current installed games, leaving not much room.

Have a nice day, hopefully you have learnt a lot today.
lol
youre completely clueless huh
No one said theyre gonna have to redownload the nsps

Like i said, nintendo can add other anti piracy checks in their next update

alkar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol
youre completely clueless huh
No one said theyre gonna have to redownload the nsps

Like i said, nintendo can add other anti piracy checks in their next update

You are the only one being clueless here and assumed they were going to add checks for these non existent PNG files.

Stop pulling a 360 and say the opposite now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la