Homebrew How to make dumped NSPs "anonymous"?

lordelan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I dumped a game and an update with DBI to NSPs that I bought on my sysNAND on the eShop.

I'm thinking about installing those to my younger brother's Switch but want to remove any unique information that might be inside the NSP because, you know, he's my younger brother and despite warnings he might mess it up and go online with it.

So, how can I remove any traces of my eShop account from that NSPs?

HalfScoper

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I dumped a game and an update with DBI to NSPs that I bought on my sysNAND on the eShop.

I'm thinking about installing those to my younger brother's Switch but want to remove any unique information that might be inside the NSP because, you know, he's my younger brother and despite warnings he might mess it up and go online with it.

So, how can I remove any traces of my eShop account from that NSPs?
Just re-dump it with nxdumptool and make sure you enable the option to remove console specifics (should be default while the rest is set to NO, as long as you use the rewrite branch). I don't think there is anything that could happen to get your actual eShop account banned and I doubt that people who share their dumps online (including myself) got their eShop account banned when someone else used their dumps, at least my console and account are still unbanned after over 3 years.

lordelan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
use Google
Really? I mean... really?
I read that dumping with DBI automatically removes identifying data, but I haven't personally checked. @duckbill007 could confirm please?

Not Duckbill but this is 100% true. DBI doesn't even have an option to keep/save ticket info because that's not what the intent of the app is.
That's amazing news. Gotta love DBI even more now. Thanks.
I dumped it via the other feature though:
Main menu -> view installed titles -> selected the game -> pressed + for the context menu -> dump to sd card

Reactions: mathew77

yofecak921

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
dbi wipes the legit common tickets of update nsps as well, so if you hoped to share updates with unmodded consoles you'll have to use a different app to install updates

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto