Invalidrobot

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
Using the Dpad sounds a little to easy/boring to me I find it more interesting using just the stylus. This game will definitely be one I play very often when ever I feel like playing a quick game.

Right now I'm in New York, and so far it's my favorite level.

rumblesushi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
One thing I also think could have been an improvement, would be to add say 3 lives per level. As it is, you get hit ONCE and you have to start over.

Don't get me wrong, I like challenging games, I just think there are cleverer ways of adding a challenge than giving you no lives and making you restart the level. It's a cheap way of increasing the difficulty.

Luckily the levels are so short, it's not that bad, but still slightly annoying. I'd rather just have more difficult enemies, and a couple of extra lives.

I have to say though, overall it is a good game. Despite my reservations about the gameplay and some of the choices made in regards to the core concept/gameplay, ultimately the game is fun to play and addictive, so it's a good game basically, with a few flaws.

Daimones

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rumblesushi said:
One thing I also think could have been an improvement, would be to add say 3 lives per level. As it is, you get hit ONCE and you have to start over.

Don't get me wrong, I like challenging games, I just think there are cleverer ways of adding a challenge than giving you no lives and making you restart the level. It's a cheap way of increasing the difficulty.

I have to disagree, the game is easy enough as is, not to mention the levels generally take 1 min max to beat. I think the 1 hit kill is necessary to not make this game too easy. I have beaten every lvl/bonus level with 1 death, and it really wasn't that bad.

On most levels being a little patient usually gives you openings to shoot, so just dodge for a bit shoot when bottom is clear of objects.

rumblesushi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
True, it's not like the game is far too difficult or anything, but I would simply rather have what difficulty there is come from challenging enemies rather than just 1 life.

Think Bangai-O. Fucking HARD game, but you have a life bar, the challenge is all in the enemies, and it takes skill to beat, whilst still being able to take more than 1 hit.

But then again, it's probably not fair to compare it to Bangai-O, not many shooters ARE as good as that. BBM is a very good game in it's own right, I don't want to seem like I'm being too hard on it. I am pretty surprised that Eurogamer gave it 5/10.

mjclark

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
When I got to level 5 on the Savannah stage something called "The Randomiser" took me to Retro World with the message "There is no logic,there is nothing to gain".After I'd played a bit on a retro screen with hearts on it, the Randomiser returned me to the normal game with the message "We may never meet again".
What's all that about I wonder.Has anyone else encountered the Randomiser?

Invalidrobot

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone else had their save file turn up corrupt? I was in the NY levels, and when I went to turn the game on last night it said my save file was corrupt and had to be deleted.
hate2.gif

I'm using a Cyclods with firmware 1.51 (haven't upgraded due to the mix reviews on 1.53).

I'm basically wondering if this has happen to anyone else, and if I should look into downloading a new rom? :-(

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks really cool. however, i would warn against it if you are prone to seizures.

I really like Arkedo. they have a colorful way of making awesome yet simple games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast +1