Bible for NDS v1.0

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think we should have someone write up apps for all the religious crap. Doesn't matter if your budhist, catholic, christian, hindu or satanic or anything. Religion is religion no? Wouldn't necessarily be fair to just have one front paged, and not all the others.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A Gay Little Catboy said:
It's a thread about religion, it's bound to go down hill soon enough even if I didn't post here

No, actually. It's a thread about a Bible app for DS. Everyone gets that the Bible isn't everybody's thing, but this thread isn't about expressing that. We have other forums for those discussions.

And on that note, let's get back on topic.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

biblefornds

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
biblefornds.sourceforge.net
XP
Country
United States
DSBible is indeed a very fine, versatile piece of software and I congratulate the developers. If you need search and many extra features you do well using it.

Bible for NDS is meant rather to be fast, no frills program to read every day (as kings were oblidged to in the times of the old testament) and to sometimes compare different translations. It was fun making, and I hope it will be fun for everyone who uses it.

The attached Zef2NDS.exe is very useful "one click" utility for importing your favorite Bible XML files to the DS program.
If its missing from the distribution here, you can find it there: http://sourceforge.net/projects/biblefornds/files/

D

Deleted_11405

maybe i go check it out. (i got the bible txt books on my flashcards but sadly the second nds is broke) you could make the same with 2 bible languages; one on the left screen and the other on the right so you could read together (2p)
wink.gif

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Net_Bastard said:
Why am I so tempted to troll this topic?
Your username probably has something to do with it.
rolleyes.gif

QUOTE(dekuleon @ May 10 2011, 08:37 PM) Nice to see Jehova's name!

Maybe it was some brother of mine who have done this homebrew??
yaynds.gif
Pleasantly surprised by that myself too.

Generation 16

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not all that useful IMO. I mean, if you want the Bible there are pocket bibles and it can be put on your phone. Plus me and i'm sure others don't really want the Bible on the front page. If someone made another Religions important book into Homebrew, (don't really know much about other religions) would it be put on the front page? I'll still check it out though, because I want to see how it acts as a Homebrew book.
Also, doesn't the Bible have SOME sort of copyright?
tongue.gif

Note:I am NOT trying to be offensive with this post! If you or someone else reading this is offended, I am sorry.

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Generation 16 said:
Also, doesn't the Bible have SOME sort of copyright?
tongue.gif

Sure! haven't you ever read the first page of the bible?

"Thou shalt not make any copy of this work without the express graven permission of God, lest thou fall penalty His tighteous wrath and be cast into the fires of Hell for all eternity"

Copyright: © 1 Anno Domini by Chisel and Tablet Publishing Association

PS: The Bible also has Analog Rights Management.
rolleyes.gif

SargeSmash

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only certain translations have a copyright, like the NIV.

Anyway, good to see an app like this. For people that may not have an iOS device, this is a great way to have the Bible on the go. Keep up the great work!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Mondooooo, sadly I dont have any tips