"Beyond Good & Evil: 20th Anniversary Edition" gets a brand new launch trailer, releases June 25th, 2024

The cult classic hit from the 6th generation of consoles, Beyond Good & Evil, is celebrating its 20th anniversary this month, and for the occasion, Ubisoft is re-releasing the game for modern systems, with a brand new "20th Anniversary Edition".

This new edition will feature remastered visuals and textures, a new treasure hunt, an anniversary gallery, a reorchestrated soudntrack, up to 4k resolution alongside 60fps, as well as brand new exclusive content for the game. The game is set to release on "all platforms" according to the trailer, with no specific mention to which "platforms" they mean, but according to other outlets, the platforms are PS5, PS4, Xbox Series, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC.

It's important to mention, however, that in preparation for this announcement, Ubisoft has delisted the original Beyond Good & Evil from Steam in its entirety, making the 20th Anniversary Edition the only way to get the game on Steam.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
another remaster with a delisted original, this never bodes well
To be fair, the original PC port was really bad. You're much better off emulating the Gamecube version. That said, you'll have to deal with Ubishit's launcher in this new edition, so it's unlikely to be much of an improvement overall.

Reactions: osaka35

Latiodile

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
To be fair, the original PC port was really bad. You're much better off emulating the Gamecube version. That said, you'll have to deal with Ubishit's launcher in this new edition, so it's unlikely to be much of an improvement overall.
i'm aware, i had to install an ENB to get it to run at full speed for some inexplicable reason

Reactions: Xzi

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Lol, wonder what happened to the sequel they were working on.
That thing has been in development hell for over a decade I think. They should just start over with a new team.

Reactions: DarkCoffe64 and Xzi

Ryufushichou

I'm Not British, I'm Just Gay!
Trophies
XP
Country
That thing has been in development hell for over a decade I think. They should just start over with a new team.
Nearly 2 decades, the sequel was originally announced back in 2008 making it 16 years.

Another port for this game that i refuse to buy again because at this stage im convinced the sequel just isn't gonna happen which is a shame seeing as the game ends on a cliff hanger that we'll probably never see resolved.

Ubisucks -.-

Reactions: DarkCoffe64 and Xzi

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Was already a HD version on Xbox 360/PS3. How many re-releases of games do we need? How about new games.
What, you mean you didn't like Skulls and Bones, the world's very first quadruple-A video game?

/s

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
another remaster with a delisted original, this never bodes well
I got the original PC version from Steam a few months ago and it’s utterly unplayable on a modern PC. It requires workarounds that are much more effort than it’s worth. Delisting the original is really not a big deal.

What concerns you? Worst case scenario play the GCN version on Dolphin.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I got the original PC version from Steam a few months ago and it’s utterly unplayable on a modern PC. It requires workarounds that are much more effort than it’s worth. Delisting the original is really not a big deal.

Is the GameCube version of the game better than Xbox and PS2?

Latiodile

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

as i said earlier, i'm aware it's a terrible port, but getting to work isn't much more than getting a fixed exe and installing an enb in "performance mode", a bit more complicated if you want to fix the controller support, but i don't remember struggling to get it running... outside of having the uplay version which is worse than the steam version

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Is the GameCube version of the game better than Xbox and PS2?
GCN versions of games almost always tend to be the best of that era because it's a more powerful console than PS2 and emulates better than Xbox.

Reactions: Jayro

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    if it is educational and enjoyable then everyone wins
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    If people don't get sued or suffer from losses they'll never learn
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    If only google was as aggressive as Nintendo
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I love how idiots online always try to make you out as some horrible person and pretend to know your character
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's the internet, people will just attack anyone ,just because they're anonymous for the most part
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    And the ones that aren't afraid of being anonymous get it the worst
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh he said this to me, get over it Sunflower
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    the internet is and can get nasty really fast
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah but it's the same ones whining about them being a victim when they want negative attention for others lol
    +2
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    although having a bad day or bad card dealt in life is just a personal issue, how you communicate to others will determine how others will treat you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No not really some people just act a certain way to please the crowd it's the internet
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    yeah, there's those also, they act entirely different compared to their RL persona
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even in life you have fake crumbs that act a certain way just to please other friends
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i call those just asskissers
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You can spend years talking to each other and stop suddenly just because others don't like you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Goes back to the oh I wanna fit in with this crowd type
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I don't even have blood related family members left that I can talk to anymore, everyone is estranged
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I live by if it happens to you it can happen to them and most likely will so fuck them
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's funny how life works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A cycle of payback and I told you so
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sometimes I don't know if I'm frustated or happy

:wacko:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wanted to jerk off but my straight jacket won't let me
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    wait,...BDSM don't use straight jackets, what kinda horsin' around are you even up to? nevermind, dun wanna know
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I didn't fall asleep with the jacket on
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    good luck, dun get butraped by ancientboi and you're gud
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: good luck, dun get butraped by ancientboi and you're gud