"Beyond Good & Evil 20th Anniversary Edition" accidentally leaked for Ubisoft+ subscribers

GAD9PlPbUAARbY3.jpg

Microsoft's own store page seems to have accidentally leaked a new release for the original "Beyond Good & Evil", listing the entry as a 20th Anniversary Edition according to the title.

The origina leak listing appeared on Microsoft's own Xbox Store, possibly causing by an accident on either the server or Microsoft's own side, with the leaked listing on Xbox Store having the following description regarding it:
Leaked Description said:
Swoop into the marvelous world of Hillys as action-reporter Jade to investigate the mysterious DomZ alien attacks alongside colorful characters, like her adoptive uncle Pey’j or the valiant Double H.

Embark on this epic adventure in up to 4K, 60 fps with improved graphics, controls, and audio, along with brand-new autosave and cross-save features.
Enjoy exclusive new rewards as you explore the planet and discover more about Jade’s past in a new treasure hunt throughout Hillys.

Put your skills to the test thanks to the new speedrun mode and updated achievements, and learn more about the game’s development and secrets in the anniversary gallery!

Armed with her daï-jo and faithful camera, Jade’s adventure will get you to freely explore Hillys, combat creatures large and small, infiltrate dangerous areas, solve enigmatic puzzles, play addictive mini-games, race the best hovercraft pilots, and take pictures of the whole experience.
Be ready to dive into a trailblazing blend of action gameplay and thrilling emotional cutscenes!

This game leverages Smart Delivery allowing access to both the Xbox One title and the Xbox Series X and S title.

However, the leak doesn't end there, as some people online have reported that the full game was entirely leaked and available for download and play for Ubisoft+ members.

Ubisoft has since then issued an statement regarding the leak, claiming it as an accident, and that while the leaked version is apparently an early development version of the game, the title is already set for an early 2024 release.

:arrow: Original Listing on Xbox Store

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Tweets with screenshots from this game are being striked, so it's hard to get them. But it seems to be true that it's early version, because in many places it looks worse than original.

Reactions: eternal

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Any news on Beyond Good and Evil 2 then? It's been kind of radio silence of late.
From the reports I've seen online, it seems like this particular release (20th Anniversary Edition) is set to be bundled with BG&E2, as the Store listing had it as not available on its own, so it's possible that the sequel could come out in early 2024 as well.

• Love
Reactions: Bluer

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
From the reports I've seen online, it seems like this particular release (20th Anniversary Edition) is set to be bundled with BG&E2, as the Store listing had it as not available on its own, so it's possible that the sequel could come out in early 2024 as well.
Hmm.. well I guess it's just to wait and see

mitcha

مجاهد صنديد مقاتل عنيد
Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
i hope so ;)
the games i'm waiting for are the AAA+ one's ;
-mario odyssey 2
-metroid prime 4
-bge2
-it's take two (two)

Last edited by mitcha,

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only thing I remember about this game, is that the final boss is "nofun hard", and reverses your controls or something. I played it ages ago.

Ligeia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
How could an early development version have been put on the Ubi+ servers in the first place, let alone being "accidentally" leaked ? It makes absolutely no sense to me.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
How could an early development version have been put on the Ubi+ servers in the first place, let alone being "accidentally" leaked ? It makes absolutely no sense to me.
I'm going to hazard a guess they put it there for testers etc and someone ticked the wrong box and allowed the wrong people to download it.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Damn. This news really hits me from out of nowhere. Loved this game ever since I played it on ogxbox. Can't wait for a remaster to come out.
there is already an hd remaster on xbox360 and its even backwards compativel with xbox one and series x if im not mistaken and its called beyond good and evil hd.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch