• Total voters

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If you had nothing on your sd card to begin with, you could format it. If you had any VC or WW channels backed up on it, or save games, you wouldn't want to format it.

But seriously, just deleting that one folder is enough...

cambi22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
no i only bought it to soft mod my wii,had nothing backed up on there it only came in the post today,its only a 2gb so i wanted to format it to give me a little more room for homebrew games and apps.

cambi22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ok so i just put my first homebrew game on my sd,did it exactly how the guide said to sd/apps/spplication name/boot.dl, homebrew channel recognised the game but when i loaded it there was just a black screen, is this a problem with how iv have done it or just that the game does not work.

cambi22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
its all good mate, the first game i got must not work because i downloaded another and it played perfectly, big thanks XFLAK you are a genius,still a little unsure of what i should do about iso games,could not see anything in my personnel guide,any chance you could pm me explaining it

unfigson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
This is an example of how to code a spoiler

4.3U that's NOT 4.3U

Hi, i could use some help.
I've got a used Wii, it's a 4.0U already sofmodded. I used the ModMii wizard to re-hack it, first maintaining it 4.0U. (HBC, Bootmii, IOS236, all wads, reinstalled HBC to ios58). Then I set up wi-fi and tried an official update - i Already had proceeded this way before with 4.2U wiis. But this time i just had this error 32017. Now my settings screen says 4.3U BUT it's not, cause shop channel asks for system update every time.
Next I tried to use ModMii to upgrade the system menu from 4.0 to 4.3. Unsuccessful.
Any ideas? Someone?

Thanks and sorry if someone already posted this kind of error, I really couldn't find an answer anywhere.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
when using ModMii, tell it to update your shop channel, it will guide you in updating IOS56 and shopping channel v20. You can be on 4.1 (or whatever) and still use the shopping channel as long as your shopping channel and IOS56 are up to date

and how did u use ModMii to maintain 4.0 system menu? Just not possible unless you gave ModMii incorrect information (ie. starting and ending on 4.1 for example)

Reactions: 1 person

<<ReMeDy&g

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When attempting to install ModMii (ver. 6.0.3 and 6.0.1), I get an error near the end where the program quits...

modMiiNotWorking.jpg

It always trips up on the same place. I'm running Win 7 x64. I don't have my SD card yet, so for now, I'm extracting the files to a folder on my desktop. Attempted installation using the following options:
  • Install and\or update all recommended softmods
  • Current firmware is 4.3U
  • Desired firmware is 4.3U
  • Install Photo Channel
  • Install Internet Channel
  • Install Weather Channel
  • Install News Channel
  • Install Mii Channel
  • Install Dark Wii Red Theme
  • Update active IOSs (can be disabled in options)
  • Do not Install a cMIOS (can be enabled in options)
  • Install a USB-Loader Forwarder Channel (can be disabled in options)
Any ideas?

unfigson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
when using ModMii, tell it to update your shop channel, it will guide you in updating IOS56 and shopping channel v20. You can be on 4.1 (or whatever) and still use the shopping channel as long as your shopping channel and IOS56 are up to date

and how did u use ModMii to maintain 4.0 system menu? Just not possible unless you gave ModMii incorrect information (ie. starting and ending on 4.1 for example)
This is an example of how to code a spoiler

4.3U that's NOT 4.3U

Hi, i could use some help.
I've got a used Wii, it's a 4.0U already sofmodded. I used the ModMii wizard to re-hack it, first maintaining it 4.0U. (HBC, Bootmii, IOS236, all wads, reinstalled HBC to ios58). Then I set up wi-fi and tried an official update - i Already had proceeded this way before with 4.2U wiis. But this time i just had this error 32017. Now my settings screen says 4.3U BUT it's not, cause shop channel asks for system update every time.
Next I tried to use ModMii to upgrade the system menu from 4.0 to 4.3. Unsuccessful.
Any ideas? Someone?

Thanks and sorry if someone already posted this kind of error, I really couldn't find an answer anywhere.

Right, sorry, I first selected the recommended system 4.1U.
Anyway, I'll try right now updating the shop channel, but I have one more question: will my Wii really be 4.3U? Will I be able to play the newest games, that require this version?
Thank you very much, I appreciate your help =)

Reactions: 1 person

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
quick question if i downgrade my wii to 4.1 can i go back to 3.2 the only reason i'm doing this is to try to get 2 saves for the wii to work.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
if you are downgrading to 4.1, u must have started at a firmware greater than 4.1, so I don't understand when you ask "can I go back to 3.2". Even though I don't fully understand the question, here's the answer. Newer Wii's can brick if downgraded lower than 4.0... however, ModMii installs IOS60 to older system menu slots in order to prevent those bricks and allow them to be safely downgraded. That being said, there's no reason to downgrade below 4.1, it will not impact your saves or anything like that, so I'm not sure what you hope to accomplish.

DJPlace

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok there are two save games i want on this site.

http://wiisave.com/index.php?dlid=2555 this one i uploaded myself when my wii was on 3.2 or 3.3 something like that. however when i try to install the save it says something where not all the files can be copied so i go into the game and it does not show up.

http://wiisave.com/?dlid=3255 same has before.

that the reason why i want to downgrade so i can install those.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country

http://wiisave.com/index.php?dlid=2555 this one i uploaded myself when my wii was on 3.2 or 3.3 something like that. however when i try to install the save it says something where not all the files can be copied so i go into the game and it does not show up.

Are you using the SM for this or Savegame Manager GX?

DJPlace

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Are you using the SM for this or Savegame Manager GX?

savegame manager gx.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
im guessing you already created a save before trying to overwrite it with a new one, seems strange these wont transfer, you did try the Priiloader hack didnt you with SM(even though GX should copy write protected saves anyhoo)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Kinda cool, but what a mess it would be. And I would weight 500 pounds with all my screw ups...