Votes: 120 11.9%

• Total voters

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just something to take notice of. In version 5 you are trying to link to www.tinyurl.com/modmiinow, but tinyurl doesn't need the www, and thus you get a URL error.

Also, for whatever reason the console is defaulting to a really small size with this prog. It has happened on 2 different computers for me, a simple switching of the font fixes it, but some users may not know how to do that.
I'm on Windows7 and all I do is right click and run as admin or you can click on properties and under compatibility tab click the box beside run as admin and click apply; this should solve the window issue on ModMii :)

EDIT: I just found out I could save advanced downloads to a batch file this is really useful! and I also was not aware I could make the full WiiFlow AutoIOS setup using ModMii albeit I never use advance downloads LoL this is freaking sweet I have to thank you for this neat feature :)

Tigran

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay.. I'm sorry if this has been asked before... *it's a -really- long thread*

1) I'm trying to install Sneek+DI with DML.

However when I do get the emulated nand running, the games give me "Cannot read disc" error.

2) Also it constantly seems to conflic with my Bootmii and makes it where I have to go through and re-prep the SD card for bootmii.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
when ModMii builds neek it look for the true bootmii folder, and if found rename the folder. To access bootmii u can just rename the folder back.

I know neek2o has issues with sneek+di at the moment, I'm not sure if that has been fixed yet. You should ask your neek related questions in the neek2o thread (tinyurl.com\neeek2o) and you'll likely get more specialized help.

Cheers.

@Kylster, yup! I took great pains to get that working the way it does. One thing to note is that if you have d2x cIOSs saved to your download queue, then change your d2x beta settings (ie. to build v8 beta 40) when ModMii loads your old download queue it will build the new d2x beta you currently have selected.

Silverye

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi - I was hoping someone could help.

I've had a longtime modded Wii (chipped it a few years back) and was running USB Loader GX happily - running things off a WBFS formatted USB drive. However, was needing to update everything so ran through the excellent ModMii set-up and it all seemed to install correctly on my Wii with no errors. However, when I tried to run Configurable USB Loader it just stuck at the CFG loading screen. I then thought it might be best to convert my drive to Fat 32 and used WiiBackupManager to put all the ISO's back on the drive. However, I have the same problem and can't even get USB Loader GX to work - though it does see the drive.

I'm pulling my hair out!! :-(

Does anyone have any suggestions? I'd be very very grateful!

Many thanks in advance.
Richard.

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
you could try using a different usb-loader or a different USB HDD

some HDD's have weird compatibility, you should check out the compatibility thread from the important notes of your ModMii guide. But since your HDD was working before presumably with an older cIOS, you may be able to get it working by installing a different cIOS249. I suggest you try installing cIOS 249 d2x-v7 with base 38 and if that doesn't work try base 58 (grab these from modmii's download page 4). If that still doesn't work, u can try other versions of cIOS249 on that download page (installing\uninstalling a cIOS on wii has 0 chance of bricking). If that STILL doesn't work, use the configurator for configurable usbloader (saved under FAT:\usb-loader\) to load the meta.xml for configurable (saved under FAT:\apps\ubsloader_cfg\meta.xml) and use it to edit the meta.xml to autoload a different cIOS on startup (like 222,223,224) and see if u have better luck with those cIOSs. If that STILL doesn't work, u can try installing different versions of cIOS222/223/224 again found on ModMii's download page 4. Note that support for FAT32 HDDs wasn't added until cIOS249rev18+ and cIOS22Xrev4+.

If you need more help, you might get the attention of more appropriate people if u post it in the thread for the usb-loader u r using. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 person

Silverye

Trophies
XP
Country
you could try using a different usb-loader or a different USB HDD

some HDD's have weird compatibility, you should check out the compatibility thread from the important notes of your ModMii guide. But since your HDD was working before presumably with an older cIOS, you may be able to get it working by installing a different cIOS249. I suggest you try installing cIOS 249 d2x-v7 with base 38 and if that doesn't work try base 58 (grab these from modmii's download page 4). If that still doesn't work, u can try other versions of cIOS249 on that download page (installing\uninstalling a cIOS on wii has 0 chance of bricking). If that STILL doesn't work, use the configurator for configurable usbloader (saved under FAT:\usb-loader\) to load the meta.xml for configurable (saved under FAT:\apps\ubsloader_cfg\meta.xml) and use it to edit the meta.xml to autoload a different cIOS on startup (like 222,223,224) and see if u have better luck with those cIOSs. If that STILL doesn't work, u can try installing different versions of cIOS222/223/224 again found on ModMii's download page 4. Note that support for FAT32 HDDs wasn't added until cIOS249rev18+ and cIOS22Xrev4+.

If you need more help, you might get the attention of more appropriate people if u post it in the thread for the usb-loader u r using. Good luck!

Many thanks for this :yay: I'll give it a go later tonight and see if the different cIOS249 kick it back into working :-)

Cheers
Richard.

Silverye

Trophies
XP
Country
Well, I used ModMii previously to put the loader on the USB drive itself, but that didn't make a difference before, but this time when I went to install the different cIOS's, i thought I'd just try it without the SD card in place and it all started to work flawlessly! No idea why the SD card was causing the issue, but all working now. Phew!

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
Sounds like you still have the loader on the SD card. Most forwarders checks the SD card before checking the USB device.

Silverye

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, it was, but I just followed the ModMii instructions to the letter - so not sure why having the loader on the card caused a problem - whilst the same loader on the drive worked. Anyway, delighted it's now working and all the new games work fine. ModMii has been a blessing :yaysp:

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
ModMii won't go deleting folders and files, which I consider to be a good thing. So if you have an boot.dol or boot.elf saved to FAT:\apps\usbloader or FAT:\apps\usb-loader it loads before FAT:\apps\usbloader_cfg which loads before FAT:\apps\wiiflow. The first 2 paths are normally not used by loaders, but I set it up that way so that if someone wants to have wiiflow and configurable usb loader saved to their HDD but also wants to boot wiiflow (and not cfg usb loader) they can rename apps\wiiflow to apps\usbloader to achieve their desired result.

And I'm glad you got everything working :D

soccer05

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

I previously used LetterBomb to mod my Wii to play games from an external hard drive. Just recently everytime I load USB Loader GX and choose what game I want to play, it automatically resets the channel and goes back to the Wii Home Screen.

I was wondering since I haven't updated my Wii for a long time, can I use ModMii to update everything and will the USB Loader GX work again?

Thanks

raeter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
excuse me, how can I make multiple nands with sneek/uneek after I install it? never used sneek before, but looks easy to install now with modmii & neek2o. i don't know if sneek/uneek folders can overlap.

SHAUN1980

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys, wondering if you could help me, Im trying to install modmii to my pc. Im running windows 7, Ihave downloaded the modmii and when its asks me to type the word i followed it just shuts down? it states to write this next to the word agree? on my screen it only says enter selection here?

Please help thanks!

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
@soccer05,
yes, that is correct. You may need to update your usb-loader gx for it to work with the latest d2x cIOSs that ModMii get you to install

@raeter,
you can have multiple nands when using neek2o, but they will all run the same type of neek (ie. sneek, uneek, sneek+di or uneek+di). ModMii will by default create a new nand folder in the appropriate place for you (FAT:\nands\{nand folder name}\). If you want to switch between using different types of sneek, just have modmii create the new type for you (ie. from main menu, "S", then "1") and modmii will update the files in the "sneek" folder on your device.

_SuperUnknowN_

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Hi guys. I start to read about problems with the motion plus "inside" controllers, and i'm wondering if these problems (specifically with the softmod process) affects every motion plus "inside" control or just some models, in other words has someone made a softmod through modmii with a motion plus "inside" control without any trouble or simply you cannot softmod a wii with this type of controller and you need to buy or borrow an old wii remote.

btw, my wii remote (motion plus inside) serial is LMB-RVL-WR/F-C3

TIA for the answers

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pissing in a pee bottle