OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
where is modmii saved? C:\ModMii?

edit: I've tried it over 5 times now successfully every time. Can you try ModMii v5.0.0 and see if u still have the problem there?

Anyone else reading this plz try to duplicate the problem, it's very weird that it's working for some but not others.

edit: What OS you guys using?

IceIceBird

Trophies
XP
Country
@XFlak
Just wanted to say that if you choose to install modmii in another place than "c:\modmii" it still gonna be a directory created at c:\modmii with the wbfs manager program, maybe you could change this in some kind of way, I mean the reason you choose not to install in directly in the root of c: is to not have anything "extra" there. :P

Edit: Using a old laptop with XP.

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
where is modmii saved? C:\ModMii?

edit: I've tried it over 5 times now successfully every time. Can you try ModMii v5.0.0 and see if u still have the problem there?

Anyone else reading this plz try to duplicate the problem, it's very weird that it's working for some but not others.

edit: What OS you guys using?

Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate
C:\users\Lucif3r\Desktop\ModMii, the same location Ive had it since I used it for the very first time :P
Also Ive never had any issue with modmii, this is actually the first reported bug that "worked" for me too (ok I havnt exactly checked every reported bug, but out of those Ive tried)

Oh ye, deleting the temp folder didnt help.

But cmon XFlak, its random bugs like this that makes coding fuuuuun! ... Right? ... Right!?

edit: oh ye, one thing that might have something to do with this bug; I didnt update from the previous version to the latest... I was still on 4.x something, quite late build but not the latest in the 4.x serie.
Maybe some file/line of code got lost during the giant leap? :P

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I agree with u on that, in the next update when PC programs are downloaded with local save settings (or possibly Auto) they will be saved to a Program Files folder wherever ModMii.exe is saved instead of always [Homedrive]:\ModMii\Program Files

re. your edit... why u telling me your OS? You do any testing re. the above issue(s)?

edit:

@Lucif3r,
Can you try a fresh installation of ModMii?

btw, I'm also running win 7 64bit ultimate and it's working fine for me

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was gone for most of the day but can do some testing now. I am on Win7 Ultimate x64 and ModMii installed to C:/Program Files (x86)/ModMii. Will do a complete uninstall and clean reinstall to the same location first. If the problem still exists I will un/reinstall to C:/ModMii and try again.

Edit: Tried both methods above and both scenerios still failed. Will now try 5.0.0.

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was gone for most of the day but can do some testing now. I am on Win7 Ultimate x64 and ModMii installed to C:/Program Files (x86)/ModMii. Will do a complete uninstall and clean reinstall to the same location first. If the problem still exists I will un/reinstall to C:/ModMii and try again.

Edit: Tried both methods above and both scenerios still failed. Will now try 5.0.0.

Edit 2: Same problems on 5.0.0. Guess I'll try lower, and just to make things easier I'll keep it at C:/ModMii
I am also getting some error messages as can be seen in the screenshots, they occured on all versions tested thus far (4.8.2, 5.0.0 and 5.1.1)

Edit 3: Tried 4.8.2 and the results are still the same. Although with 4.8.2 I get this screen (3rd image) after the last step in my first scenerio - even though I had chosen in the wizard to download recommended cIOS's and IOS236.

startscreen.jpg

d2xbetascreen.jpg

nofilesmarked.jpg

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update. Thus far I've tried the following:

4.6.0 and 4.6.1 were the only two that carried out the two scenerios correctly. Everything else gave the results mentioned in my initial post on page 367 and as confirmed by Lucif3r.

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
phew, for a second you had me worried that there was a bug in ModMii, but now seeing your screenshots I'm confident that the problem is with one of your windows system variables. Please try the solution posted here and let me know if that fixes your problems:
http://gbatemp.net/topic/207126-modmii-for-windows/page__st__4995__p__3980992#entry3980992

@raeter,
reload to IOS236 before trying to install the channel.

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
phew, for a second you had me worried that there was a bug in ModMii, but now seeing your screenshots I'm confident that the problem is with one of your windows system variables. Please try the solution posted here and let me know if that fixes your problems:
http://gbatemp.net/t...92#entry3980992

There are a lot of entries in the path.
C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\Xuggle\bin;C:\Program Files\Intel\Media SDK 2012 Beta5\bin\x64;%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files (x86)\QT Lite\QTSystem;C:\Program Files (x86)\Wiimm\WIT

%SystemRoot%\system32 is already in the list. Won't it cause problems for all of the other stuff listed in the path if I delete them all and just have the one entry?

windrider

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey Xflak

This is an excellent program. I just used it too update my Wii that is on 4.3u with a softmod, and WiiKey 2

Works perfectly

I used to just Nusdownloader to get what I needed. I haven't updated since like Sept 2010 or something like that.

I have sent a donation as well. Will pm you.

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
%PATH%
This variable contains a semicolon-delimited (do not put spaces in between) list of directories in which the command interpreter will search for an executable file that matches the given command. Equivalent to the Unix $PATH variable.

it should only impact you when using running a cmd window (which most people do not do). And even then it doesn't matter much. For example, if you open a cmd window and it's running from your desktop, with your current settings you will be able to send commands to wit (ie. "wit command") without having to tell windows where to find "wit". If you change the settings back to default (ie. "%SystemRoot%\system32") then if you want to send cmd line instructions to wit you would have to be running the cmd window where wit is saved or specify the full path in the command (ie. "C:\Program Files (x86)\Wiimm\WIT command").

I've never tried this before, but you could try just moving "%SystemRoot%\system32" to the start of the list and seeing if that fixes the problem. If it doesn't, I'd say just go ahead and change the whole thing.

@windrider,
Thanks for the postive feedback and the donation! I sent you an email with more info. Thanks again!

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
http://gbatemp.net/t...92#entry3980992

Ok weird. That actually worked. I wonder though... Since I havnt had this issue ever before, is there any reason why this started to happen now?
I have not installed any cmd-based apps since last time I used modmii (and it worked), so the path line hasnt changed.
And unlike d34d, I didnt get any syntax spam in the cmd window, and 'ping' worked in cmd just fine :P

Well, at least it works now :)

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, ping worked fine for me too, outside of ModMii. But it all works now. I saved my original path(s) incase I run into any problems with other apps. Thanks for the help! And... I sent a donation. :)

Edit: Just for the hell of it, I tried replacing my original PATH variables but moved %SystemRoot%\system32 to the start as you had mentioned. ModMii still working great!

Edit: How do I skip the credits after making the donation, or will that be included with the "Easter Egg" I should be receiving?

windrider

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ModMii 5.1.1

From the main menu select option 4
Enter BETA for d2x beta settings
Enter 1 for d2x-v8-beta(r40)
Mark 249d2x56 and 250d2x57
Enter D to download
Enter Y to begin downloading

Modmii exits and no files are copied to COPY_TO_SD\WAD

Also...

From main menu select W for wizard
Select N to only download specific items
Enter 4.3 for current SM
Enter U for region
Enter N to skip downloading active IOS's
Enter 4.3 to "update" to 4.3
Enter N to skip downloading any channels
Enter Y to download recommended cIOS's
Enter N to skip HBC and/or BootMii
Enter Y to download recommended cIOS's
Enter N to skip YAWMM
Enter Y to install IOS236
Enter N to skip Priiloader
Enter N to skip themes
Enter N to skip usb loaders
Enter Y to verify settings
Enter D for default COPY_TO_SD
Etter Y to generate guide and begin downloading

Modmii exits and the only 2 things in COPY_TO_DS/WAD folder are:
USBLoader(s)-ahbprot58-SD-USB-v11b-IDCL.wad
USBLoader(s)-ahbprot58-SD-USB-v11b-IDCL-Forwarder Paths.txt

I see you have it fixed, but I replicated it as well and it worked fine for me. I am running Windows 7 x64 Ultimate. I have ModMii installed to C:/modmii

@windrider,
Thanks for the postive feedback and the donation! I sent you an email with more info. Thanks again!

Your Welcome , and Thank you for the email info. Much appreciated.

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
sweet! the bug wasn't really a bug after all :D I'm happy I don't have to put out a bugfix update (I hate putting out bugfix updates :P)

I really need to add the 2 common ModMii problems ppl have to the first post (small modmii window and 'X' not recognized as an internet or external command). There's a lot of other changes that need to be done to update the first post and I keep procrastinating. Updating the first post and bugfix updates... so boring, lol.

@D34DL1N3R, I sent you an email & PM. Thanks for your donation mate! Enjoy!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    +1
    Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D