Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
cIOSs with different bases sometimes have compatibility with hard drives that normally wouldn't work with other cIOSs. If you want to try to get your incompatible hard drives working, u can try installing d2x v7 cIOS 249 with base 58 or 38 and see if you have better luck. I wouldn't get ur hopes up though

NunoDemion

Trophies
XP
Country
cIOSs with different bases sometimes have compatibility with hard drives that normally wouldn't work with other cIOSs. If you want to try to get your incompatible hard drives working, u can try installing d2x v7 cIOS 249 with base 58 or 38 and see if you have better luck. I wouldn't get ur hopes up though
will give it a try :) better than nothing i guess :P

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Precisely. You could ask your local computer shop for just an external enclosure.
Those aren't very expensive, and he might even take it back if you explain it's use, and it doesn't work.
They might be cheaper on the Internet, but returning is usually not an option if ordered that way.
I found some 2.5inch Eminent enclosures for 16 euro that worked without issues, and simply bought up the shop it's stock (4 pieces)
That was after having issues with a WD passport and a Packard Bell 2.5 inch external drive.

rudedoggx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Having an issue where the cmd prompt opens up very small with this program. I did read about one other person who had this happened, and he thought it was because he was using for Japanese for his Windows. I've disabled it, but the problem persists. Help?

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
@rudedoggx,
A solution to your problem can be found here:
http://gbatemp.net/topic/207126-modmii-for-windows/page__view__findpost__p__3984342

@Rapper_skull,
It would be a massive undertaking, I really don't see it happening. That being said I am doing my best to help ModMii's translators. Just yesterday I emailed them all a few scripts to help them translate ModMii. The scripts now filter only the lines that need to be translated, then after the translator translates them it will replace special characters to \x## where ## is their hex equivalent (ie. "ñ" becomes "\xf1"). It also replaces "echo" commands with "sfk echo -spat" commands for lines with special characters so they show up properly (this is the only way to get special characters to show up in a cmd window properly). Then it replaces all the modified lines in the original english modmii.bat and what you have is a translation of ModMii that is 90% done. I spent a good full day preparing the scripts and translation instructions. But no when someone asks me about translating modmii I can just send them a file with the scripts and with instructions. Who knows, if I can dream up an easy way to have multi-lingual support for a single batch file, I'll definitely look into it.

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
thx for the example, but it's a lot more complicated than that once you start adding in special characters and often ModMii has some code saying if this then echo that. You're example is an option, but I think it might be easier to translate ModMii if I just split the menu pages into stand alone txt or bat files that can be translated one at a time and called from the main batch file. I have to think about it some more, but there are a few things I am working on adding to ModMii that I want to finish before even thinking of overhauling ModMii with multilang support. Also, it will be a real pain for me to update ModMii once multilang support is added so if\when I start adding it, it will probably be the last major update made to ModMii. Also, with another ModMii related idea\project DeadlyFoez and I are discussing, it might not be necessary to translate modmii.bat in the future in order to achieve multilang support.

Rapper_skull

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ok, I understood, btw echoing special chars in batch is always difficult, but I think adding a line at the end of the file is less complicated than replace text in a .bat file, and in the code you must only echo the number of the line in the file.

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
Sounds like your external hdd is simply not compatible. There are compability lists around the net.
i saw them but *sigh* it's pretty unlucky to have a bunch of hdd's and all of them not being compatible, i was hoping it was something else since i am, just like it says below my profile pic/avatar newbie, i guess i need to buy a new one.
:yay: thanks for the help.

I havent looked at those lists for ages, but I bought a Lacie Rikiki 500GB usb2.0 which, at that time, wasnt listed. And that works perfectly fine. A general note is to stick with usb 2.0 discs though. usb 3.0 seems to have lower compability.

But, start with what xflak said and try other cIOS's (I didnt know about that lol)

Teal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I first modded my Wii almost 2 years ago and ModMii didn't exist. I need to update some outdated things to get the newer stuff to work. Can I use ModMii to safely update? The answer I'm reading is Yes, but I just need some clarification since I'm getting some different options from the guide.

To update, should I type in the "SU" option (sysCheck Updater)? This wasn't on the tutorial, guessing it's a newer feature. I went through with it and added my sys file, and it downloaded just over 40 files. Is that normal?

And here's the real question. It seems to be suggesting me to install HBC/HackMii/BootMii. I'm pretty sure my HBC and such is outdated. Would it be perfectly fine if I just installed everything over my existing stuff? There's both an install and uninstall HBC (and only uninstall DVDX). I also have some of the IOSs, but I'm guessing they're outdated. Is it perfectly fine to just install everything over, or are there special steps I should take?

Sorry for the stupid questions, just figured I rather ask than being unsure of something and messing things up.

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah you can remod the Wii like it was unmodded without problem. You could even run the wizard and tell modmii its a virgin.

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
It's perfectly fine to install over old softmods with updated softmods, it will overwrite all the older softmods same as if they weren't even there in the first place.

If you want to use ModMii's syscheck updater feature, that is fine. It won't give u the option of installing a custom system menu theme, but that's not a big deal. The alternative is to use ModMii's Wizard and tell it your wii has not been softmodded before (even though it has) in order to update all your softmods. Both methods work.

And it's normal for ModMii to get u to install a lot of files, especially if your softmod is as outdated as you say.

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi XFlak. I wanted to report an error I was able to re-create several times using your emulated nand modifier feature on a 4.1u e-nand. I wanted to update my Priiloader from a 0.4 to 0.7 neek2o mod. I went ahead and answered no to all questions except for DML or NMM (where I chose NMM) and Priiloader where I chose yes. Now evidently that did not upgrade my priiloader it just left it at 0.4 it just didn't remove it. So I answered no to priiloader the second time around to remove it. Then on the third time around when I chose nmm and yes to priiloader right at the beginning of the d/load process it gives me the error could not find support wget and crashes. oh and I'm using my serial# as well. However when I answer yes to all the questions (Postloader, cIOS249 rev14, choose a custom theme, joyflow forwarder, etc..) and yes to priiloader it d/loaded everything with no problem.

I also noticed (it might be on my comp only) for whatever reason ModMii intermittently crashes when I drag my nand folder into the modmii window when you enter the path of your emulated nand. It's not always just sometimes.

Anyways I love ModMii, just wanted to help anyway I could and if I left anything out that may help you please let me know.Thanks for all the hard work you guys have put into this amazing program. Happy holidays and may the new year bring much success and happiness to us all.

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
The priiloader thing was done on purpose. If any version of priiloader is on an emulated nand ModMii will offer to remove it or uninstall it. To update it you would first need to remove priiloader then add it back. Perhaps I can add an option to update it to the version ModMii installs, I'll add it to the very bottom of my to do list :D

I'll look into the crash you experienced when adding just priiloader to an emunand and try to recreate it, thx for reporting it :D

When ModMii crashes intermittently from dragging a nand folder onto the modmii window, what is the path of the folder? Does it crash always for the same nand? Or does it crash only some of the time even though the nand\path hasn't changed?

MassiveRican

Trophies
XP
Country
The priiloader thing was done on purpose. If any version of priiloader is on an emulated nand ModMii will offer to remove it or uninstall it. To update it you would first need to remove priiloader then add it back. Perhaps I can add an option to update it to the version ModMii installs, I'll add it to the very bottom of my to do list :D

I'll look into the crash you experienced when adding just priiloader to an emunand and try to recreate it, thx for reporting it :D

When ModMii crashes intermittently from dragging a nand folder onto the modmii window, what is the path of the folder? Does it crash always for the same nand? Or does it crash only some of the time even though the nand\path hasn't changed?

It only crashes some of the time regardless of the nand path and often it does not, sparringly should be the word lol. I used 2 diferrent nand paths, one to USB and one to SD.. usually X:\nands\pl_us or pl_us1.

one question though. When creating a Sneek+DI NAND for DML, is ModMii supposed to create files to put in USB e.g. in copy_to_usb? I don't seem to be getting a different output of anything to put on my USB when creating a NAND for DML. My Uneek+DI NAND's I've created and modified are working great with neek2o but ever since I upgraded to neek2o with nSwitch I have not been able to use the nand I created strictly for DML. It only writes files to copy_to_sd and when I attempt to boot the nand I just get a black screen and the wii's led starts flashing. I haven't quite caught the amount of flashes though, iirc crediar had a specific amount of flashes for different errors but it slips my mind what each one means.

Either way I prob have something set up incorrectly and I've been trying to work on it for a week and I just can't get it to work. Could you help with this if you have some time? I know it's pretty much deep work in progress with DML and the dml source project thread just doesn't seem like the right place to ask lol.

And something else I just noticed is that when attempting to load my dml nand through nswitch something attempts to write a nand file structure to the root of my USB!?? :blink: but almost every single folder is empty so I delete them every time and they just keep coming back.. it's so weird I don't know wtf is going on lol.

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
sneek does not require any files on a usb hdd. I'm pretty sure sneek+di still requires at least one game in usb:\games\ or usb:\wbfs\ for it to work properly. And it can take up to 10 minutes to boot a freshly made modmii nand, and if it takes longer than that, sometime it works after doing a hard power down and you start neek a second time and wait a little longer. Also, if you can't get a modmii emulated nand working, try using your own nand backup as an emunand. Lastly, there are 2 versions of neek, the traditional neek and neek2o. ModMii's default setting is to build neek2o, but IIRC neek2o currently has problems with booting sneek+di. The best place to report problems on this is in the dml or neek2o threads. When it comes to things of this nature, ModMii is basically just the messenger, you want to talk to the real devs behind the project (I'm in touch with them anyways so if they need me to make changes to ModMii I'm sure they'll let me know). Anyways, I know the devs overjoy and obcd are working on fixing sneek+di support in neek2o, so just be patient for a little while... or u can try using the traditional neek in the meantime.

thx for providing the info I asked for, I'll look into your problems. Today seems to be a bug-fixing day. I actually caught a modmii bug personally today that no one else has noticed\reported. Not really a dangerous bug though because the files in question were correctly being reported as invalid. More info on that will be in the changelog for the next update :D

MassiveRican

Trophies
XP
Country
sneek does not require any files on a usb hdd. I'm pretty sure sneek+di still requires at least one game in usb:\games\ or usb:\wbfs\ for it to work properly. And it can take up to 10 minutes to boot a freshly made modmii nand, and if it takes longer than that, sometime it works after doing a hard power down and you start neek a second time and wait a little longer. Also, if you can't get a modmii emulated nand working, try using your own nand backup as an emunand. Lastly, there are 2 versions of neek, the traditional neek and neek2o. ModMii's default setting is to build neek2o, but IIRC neek2o currently has problems with booting sneek+di. The best place to report problems on this is in the dml or neek2o threads. When it comes to things of this nature, ModMii is basically just the messenger, you want to talk to the real devs behind the project (I'm in touch with them anyways so if they need me to make changes to ModMii I'm sure they'll let me know). Anyways, I know the devs overjoy and obcd are working on fixing sneek+di support in neek2o, so just be patient for a little while... or u can try using the traditional neek in the meantime.

thx for providing the info I asked for, I'll look into your problems. Today seems to be a bug-fixing day. I actually caught a modmii bug personally today that no one else has noticed\reported. Not really a dangerous bug though because the files in question were correctly being reported as invalid. More info on that will be in the changelog for the next update :D
Sweet thanks for the info bro. That explains some of the weird stuff going on trying to load sneek+di with neek2o. I'll go back to the old method for now just for that, i was testing game compatibility for DML w/boot2 and I haven't been able to for a while. I'm going to go find the neek2o thread can't wait for the changelog to see what kind of bugs you've found lol. Peace and thanks again.

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
glad I could help :D

btw, nswitch first looks for FAT:\sneek\kernel.bin on the USB HDD before looking on the SD card for it. If it's found on the usb hdd first then it will load that, and if there's a version on the HDD it's probably meant for uneek or uneek+di. That could explain some of your issues too depending on what structure u got on devices.

the neek2o thread can be found here: tinyurl.com\neeek2o

edit:
btw, i was able to find and fix the bug you found, basically anytime ModMii's emulated nand modifer wasn't installing new wads to nand it was running in the wrong directory (and therefore unable to locate certain required files). Thanks again for reporting it! Regarding your other bug report, I can't seem to make modmii crash by loading an emulated nand. Next time it happens make note of the path and let me have a look plz

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay