• Total voters

Deeko

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Not sure if this is more a uneek2o question or basic Modmii nand emulation. Using both my own serial number and the default one wont let me connect to the Wii Shoping Channel / accept the agreement on uneek2o-di. The wii can find the internet connection fine with eiher number and BBC iplayer and the internet channel connect and can be used no problems.

It's more when I've tried to connect to multplayer on COD: Black Ops and COD:MW3 that it gets in the way. Is this a recognised issue on emulated NAND and can it be fixed, or would created and transfering a working save frm the real NAND be an easy workaround?

Deeko

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm pretty sure obcd was looking into that issue, but for now the easiest workaround would prolly be using a dump of your real nand for your emulated nand

edit: this question prolly did belong in the neek2o thread, but no worries

Thanks Xflak. I'll dump my Bootmi NAND and extract it with Showmiiwads to use. Hopefully obcd will have success sometime with the issue.

RE: Neek2o thread, I admit the amount of pages put me of looking from the 1st to last page and I might be doing something wrong in the forum but the search function only shows forum titles when you try a search, there's no option to search the posts in the thread

Edit: n/m search comment. Just realised that you can search the topic when you're in it.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Thanks Xflak. I'll dump my Bootmi NAND and extract it with Showmiiwads to use. Hopefully obcd will have success sometime with the issue.

RE: Neek2o thread, I admit the amount of pages put me of looking from the 1st to last page and I might be doing something wrong in the forum but the search function only shows forum titles when you try a search, there's no option to search the posts in the thread

Edit: n/m search comment. Just realised that you can search the topic when you're in it.

just a heads up, if HBC v1.0.7 or v1.0.8 is saved on your real nand when u dump it showmiiwads may crash when it reaches that part of the nand dump (has to do with it's title ID). If you use giantpune's nandextracter you'll have better luck, you can find more on the showmiiwads error I'm referring to here here

yea, the search on gbatemp sucks, i usually just search for the thread I want in google then include "+gbatemp" in the url

edit: wow, I hadn't noticed that since the big update to the forum, sweet! Any other "noobs" want to teach me something awesome? lol, no offence at the "noobs" comment, just funny that you're informing me of how I can properly search this forum when my post count has 4 digits and your barely in double digits, lol... looks like I'm the noob in this case, rotfl

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
It's true, I looked into the issue. I was under the impression Big N somehow knew that you where using an emulated nand, and that they blocked the shopping channel due to that. That was before A couple of members told me they could use the shopping channel just fine in neek2o. It even didn't work with a backup of my real nand in my case. I ran COD MW3 on my real nand and downloaded the update needed to get multiplayer going. After that, I took a backup of my nand and extracted the downloaded content with the pc showmiinand program. I used the same program to restore the update to my neek2o modmii nands. For some reason, creating a wad to install the update didn't work. It's still unclear how you can get the shopping channel going. A member reported he had to set the country to Roemenia. Crediar says in the google svn of sneek that he fixed the cod mw3 download. I wasn't able to test yet or to find the exact code change that made it work. The deeper I was digging into it, the more questions I got.

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hey Xflak;
I wanted to thank you again for this great app. I use it once a year to bring my wii up to date. =D It's really worked well this last time as well about a month ago. I had a quick question if you don't mind. When I used Modmii a month ago, the new csio included was still dx6. Seems that dx7 is released now and I was wondering if it's worth going through the whole process again with modmii or should I pass? Or better yet, is there an installer that just takes care of the csio upgrade specifically? Keep up the great work, this is a must have for any wii owner into homebrew.

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
A member reported he had to set the country to Roemenia.
Yeah, that was me...weird thing, because my real nand, also softmodded with modmii, is set to the netherlands..
I accidentaly stumbled on it..as soon as i set it to the netherlands wiishop channel (and updates) won't work anymore..

Edit: i tried my original serial and the modmii default serial...so no relation here..

groose

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi there XFlak,

First things first: thank you very much for all your work with ModMii. Such dedication and quality is rare, especially after all these years.

I have softmoded 6 Wii with ModMii but the latest one is causing me quite a headache.

It is a Japanese model, from launch or close to it. Never hacked, 4.3 SM. Hackmii installs at boot2.

Basically everything went well, as usual. The problem I have though is none of the loaders (cfg, GX, NeoGamma, Wiiflow) will recognize my USB drives. I tried 3 different USB keys, 2 different 2.5" HDD and one 3.5" HDD with FAT32/NTFS/WBFS. What is even weirder is that emulators such as FCEUX, SNES9x and VBAGX have no problem recognizing them. I also tried all these drives on my own Wii (Japanese Black from MH3 launch) and they work flawlessly.

Any ideas what the problem could be?

Merry Christmas to you and everyone here :moogle:

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
@tama_mog,
if u just want a guide to update your cIOSs, tell modmii your wii is already modified, then say no to all the other options other than update recommended cIOSs.

Another way of having modmii build u a guide that will only update what's outdated in your softmod is using ModMii's syscheck updater feature. Just generate a syscheck log by running syscheck on your wii (see modmii's download page 2), then from ModMii's main menu type "SU" to load your syscheck log and modmii will make some recommendations and build u a custom guide

@groose,
Have u tried using different cIOSs to load your usb-loaders? You can add an meta.xml argument to apps\usbloader_cfg\meta.xml to try modmii's recommended cIOS222\223\224\249\250. If those don't work u can try installing a d2x cIOS with a different base like 38 or 58

wtf dinosaurs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The installation went off without a hitch, both on Windows and on the previously modded Wii. However, my half-bricked system remains, indeed, half-bricked. The system menu will not load. It always kicks me back to the priiloader menu, and the program seems to have nothing to remedy such an unsightly situation. If the tool can in fact repair such damage, pointing me in the right direction would be highly appreciated.

wtf dinosaurs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How might I go about installing a new system menu in a safe manner? It seems everywhere I've looked from Google results states that doing so is both a) a bad idea and b) highly likely to fully brick a Wii.

I can't really see any other options at this point though, since a full on re-mod didn't fix it.

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A) yes it is a bad idea if 1, you don't know what your doing, an you do a .wad (from a torrent, or custom system menu .wad) B) read A. an if you don't have the correct iso for that system menu.
If the wii is fully soft modded,you have prii, an you have your nand /key backed up.( worse case, deadly foez is the one to send to, don't know him, but he knows his shit.
run mod mii, go to page one an download the correct system menu for your region. :) sorry to say but nothing is 100% safe, shit happens. but as long as you have protection :) , an if that doesn't work, then do the steps backwareds.remove every thing, prii loader first. then homebrew. make sure your offline. an wii connect 24 is off. go to setting an all the way to "format". this will set the wii to factory settings.(like when it first was bought, but will stay on what ever the last online update was.(so if on 4.3u an you had 3.2 when you bought it. it will stay 4.3). i know i might get shot for this. so what .. i had to do it twice on other wii's including mine.
i'm only saying the last part cause you've been trying to get this fixed for a couple of days.
if i got any thing wrong i'm sure someone will say somthing.

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
merry-christmas-star-wars-christmas-xmas-doris-stormtrooper-demotivational-poster-1228116944.jpg

ModMii for Windows
Version 5.0.0 Released!
by XFlak

Download ModMii Installer Here

Download Spanish ModMii Installer Here
Spanish version not updated yet, still at v4.8.2

Download Italian ModMii Installer Here
Italian version not updated yet, still at v4.8.2

Download French ModMii Installer Here
French version not updated yet, still at v4.6.1

Download Dutch ModMii Installer Here
Dutch version not updated yet, still at v4.6.1

See first post for more info.

5.0.0 Changelog

• ModMii's generated guides are no longer text files;
    instead they are custom html files viewable in your internet browser.
    Although none of the softmodding steps actually changed, the guides were
    rebuilt from the ground up. They now include images, videos, credits,
    a print button and more.
    DeadlyFoez played a key role in this update not only by helping come up
    with the idea but also creating the template for ModMii's custom guides
    and recording almost all of the videos and images they use. Within 1.5 weeks
    since our initial conversation we were able to collaborate and bring the
    idea to life in time to release it for Christmas. Working together on this
    was a truly rewarding and fun experience for both of us and we hope it brings
    a little "Team Your Mom" XMAS cheer to you this year.
  • When accessing the credits from the main menu using "CR" it will open a new
    browser tab instead of displaying the credits in the main ModMii Window.
  • ModMii Wizard Guides for already modified Wii's to update the HBC or Bootmii
    no longer include exploits. Instead, if users cannot load the hackmii installer
    from the HBC, BootMii or a forwarder channel they are instructed to use
    ModMii's HackMii Solutions Guide instead.
  • Added videos to the ModMii Wizard to help users determine their system menu
    version and Homebrew channel version.
  • When ModMii opens the Letterbomb webpage it also opens a separate panel with
    an instructional video on finding your MAC address and downloading Letterbomb.
  • Changed how System Menu Theme youtube videos are previewed.
  • Added drag and drop support for ModMii's sysCheck Updater. Now when users drag
    and drop their sysCheck logs onto ModMii.exe (or shortcut) ModMii will
    immediately analyze the log and display a list of required downloads in order
    to update the softmod.
  • Fixed d2x cIOS v7-final detection when using ModMii's sysCheck Updater feature.
  • Relaxed serial number length restrictions in emulated NAND builder so US users
    can use their real serial even if it's only 11 digits when building non-US NANDs.
  • Updated md5 for re-uploaded nSwitch channel (v4.8.2.1 partial update).
  • ModMii: Now so sexy you'll need a fresh pair of pants.
  • Other minor changes.

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
MAKE A VIDEO AND GET AN EASTER EGG

Merry Christmas Everyone!

I come bearing the opportunity to get ModMii's Easter Egg for free! All you need to do is create a ModMii usage video from the list of tutorial topics below. I will add the best ones for each topic to the first post in the ModMii thread but I will award Easter Eggs to the top 2 entries for each topic. There is no timelimit on this offer, it will only disappear once all the video's have been made (which could take awhile).

Here's the list of topics so far:
(feel free to make suggestions for tutorials not in this list)
  • How to Install ModMii (1 volunteer so far: Terminator02)
  • ModMii Wizard Usage (1 volunteer so far: Terminator02)
  • USB-Loader Setup Guide Usage
  • HackMii Solutions Usage
  • Saving\Loading a Download Queue
  • ModMii Command Line Usage
  • ModMii File Cleanup
  • ModMii's Sneek Installer
  • Emulated NAND Builder
  • Emulated NAND Modifer
  • Game Bulk Extractor (for SNEEK)
  • How to make forwarder dols\ISOs
  • How to change the version\slot # of a cIOS\IOS
  • User Defined Custom Downloads: How to download an IOS\MIOS\SM that isn't listed on ModMii standard downloads
  • sysCheck Updater
  • Explaining\Changing\Saving ModMii's Options
  • How to check for and build different d2x cIOS versions\beta's

For an example of what I'm looking for check out the outdated NUS Auto Downloader tutorial video from the first post of this thread.

If you begin working on a video, please try to let me know what topic\video you are working on so I can let you know if anyone else is working on the same thing. If you want I'll be able to direct you to a video no one else has started on yet.

I'm not sure what kind of interest this will generate, if anything, but I hope to see a few people make some awesome videos :D

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Welp, already have 40h in Stellar Blade and dying to home and put some more.