Votes: 63 6.2%
  • No, and I posted what went wrong

Votes: 120 11.9%

• Total voters

JuanEspinoza

Trophies
XP
Then i'm gonna try softmod my wii this weekend, thanks
It's only for the new wii motes that started selling around November and the new ones that come in the new wii bundle with the mario game +music cd. As soon as anything homebrew runs the remote powers off, so you need to get and older wiimote+motion, original white one or an off brand like Afterglow brand (had trouble with the nyko+motion one)

Reactions: 1 person

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus

ModMii for Windows
Version 5.1.1 Released!
by XFlak

Download ModMii Installer Here

Download Spanish ModMii Installer Here
Spanish version not updated yet, still at v4.8.2

Download Italian ModMii Installer Here
Italian version not updated yet, still at v4.8.2

Download French ModMii Installer Here
French version not updated yet, still at v4.6.1

Download Dutch ModMii Installer Here
Dutch version not updated yet, still at v4.6.1

See first post for more info.
5.1.0 Changelog

• Added a Region Change Wizard complete with custom guides to the Main Menu.
    Any Region Changer v1.1b Mod06 Offline was also added to Download Page 2.
  • Added neek\neek2o rev selector, now users can choose from a list of available
    versions hosted on googlecode. ModMii's neek installion now use v0.7a of the
    Sneek Installer when installing versions of neek greater than 185. Older versions
    of neek and neek2o will continue to use v0.6c of the Sneek Installer for now.
  • The ModMii Wizard Guides for already modifed Wii's now always asks users
    if they want to install active IOSs and patched System Menu IOSs.
    This means that users only wanting to update one thing (eg. Shopping Channel)
    can build custom guides that ONLY update that one thing.
  • Added drag and drop support for ModMii Download Queues. Just drag the download
    queue onto ModMii.exe (or a ModMii shortcut) and ModMii will load it and
    save a copy to temp\DownloadQueues\.
  • Added drag and drop support for ModMii's Emulated NAND Modifier. Just drag the
    folder containing your Emulated NAND onto ModMii.exe (or a ModMii shortcut)
    and ModMii will load your Emulated NAND and prompt you to select which
    modifications to make.
  • Added drag and drop support for ModMii's File Cleanup Feature. Just drag your
    SD Card (or Copy_to_SD folder) onto ModMii.exe (or a ModMii shortcut) and ModMii
    will load it and wait for confirmation before proceeding with the File Cleanup.
  • Added disc-based exploits as an option when running ModMii via command line.
    Some other minor changes were made to ModMii's command line usage. See ModMii's
    command line help menu for more info (call "ModMii.exe help" from a cmd window).
  • Added a work around for a bug in the command line version of Theme Mii when it
    is running portably. If "TMCL.exe" is running portably (ie. not saved to C:\)
    it produces different output. If ModMii determines TMCL.exe is saved portably it
    copies it to C:\ModMii\temp\ before using it. Note that this wasn't a dangerous
    bug because ModMii was correctly reporting the generated themes as invalid.
  • Fixed a bug where ModMii's Emulated NAND Modifier sometimes got lost (ie. running
    in the wrong location) and was unable to locate certain required files.
    The bug only occured when new WADs were NOT being installed to the Emulated NAND.
  • Other minor changes.

5.1.1 Changelog
  • Fixed bug where ModMii's Emulated NAND Modifier would crash if the neek2o option was disabled.
  • Bugfix: Forgot to include changelog joke in the last update.

_SuperUnknowN_

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
It's only for the new wii motes that started selling aroung November and the new ones that come in the new wii bundle with the mario game +music cd. As soon as anything homebrew runs the remote powers off, so you need to get and older wiimote+motion, original white one or an off brand like Afterglow brand (had trouble with the nyko+motion one)

Thanks for the info, unfortunately that's the bundle I bought for xmas...
Mario - Dead.gif

akari212

Trophies
XP
Country
I hope you can add this:

- Use BootMii raw NAND Dump (yes the plain NAND.BIN file) as a NEEK NAND and do addition or modifications to for it to make usable in NEEK environment.

- Possible to migrate save files from BootMii dump NAND to a clean ModMii NAND build (this is possible, I've done it manually though)

- Use BootMii NAND dump to extract Wii's Serial Number. Yeah this saves me a lot. As I already have thrashed my Old Wii Casing.

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
I dont think XFlak can do anything about *neek. ModMii simply provides the files. Features outside of modmii should probably be directed to the devs for that specific app.

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
@yixiar,
Check this out for a solution
http://gbatemp.net/topic/207126-modmii-for-windows/page__view__findpost__p__3984342
edit: or just follow Lucif3r's advice above

@akari212,
-I don't think there's a cmd line tool to extract a nand.bin. I could write an autoit script to use a GUI app but I'd probably ask one of my gbatemp friends to see if they can write a cmd line tool for me to use instead. Anyways, I think it's kind of pointless because if you extract a real nand dump to use as your emulated nand there are no modifications that need to be done to it in order for it to work. And if you choose to modify a extracted real nand dump, you can just load it in modmii's emulated nand modifier and make any changes you want.
-About migrating saves, it's a cool idea, but I think there are other tools that can do it already, like Krafter's nand gamesave restore. If anything I could just add an existing tool to modmii's download database so it's easy for people to access.
-About getting the serial from a donor nand, that could be done, but again it would involve extracting at a minimum the setting.txt from the nand, and I don't think it adds a lot of value. If anything I could add the option of dragging\dropping a setting.txt or nand.bin onto the modmii window where it asks for the serial #.

Thanks for the suggestions, even though I shot most of them down, I'll still copy and paste them all to the bottom of my todo\suggestion list and when\if they reach the top of the list and I have time I'll have a look at this again. In the meantime, you can ask Krafter to add any features to his app that you think are missing.

@Lucif3r,
while you're correct I'm not the best person to contact about neek requests, these are all emulated nand related requests and therefore not appropriate in the neek2o thread either.

@soccer05,
sweet! Glad to hear you got everything sorted out.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
I hope you can add this:

- Use BootMii raw NAND Dump (yes the plain NAND.BIN file) as a NEEK NAND and do addition or modifications to for it to make usable in NEEK environment.

- Possible to migrate save files from BootMii dump NAND to a clean ModMii NAND build (this is possible, I've done it manually though)

- Use BootMii NAND dump to extract Wii's Serial Number. Yeah this saves me a lot. As I already have thrashed my Old Wii Casing.
It can't be display large enough to see well in win 7 system and resolution in 1366*768 :wtf:
I have the exact same resolution size on Windows 7, and it displays fine for me. Right-click on the top of the window (the same place you see the icon shown) and click properties. Go to the layout tab and see what "Screen Buffer Size" and "Window Size" are set to. Mine is 85x54

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It can't be display large enough to see well in win 7 system and resolution in 1366*768 :wtf:
I hope not, it still fits on my 1024x768 screen, well most of it does.. :P

That , or xflak must make it scaleable, which is not so easy with a DOS screen i think..

EDIT: Joostins solution is pretty good as well

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ModMii 5.1.1

From the main menu select option 4
Enter BETA for d2x beta settings
Enter 1 for d2x-v8-beta(r40)
Mark 249d2x56 and 250d2x57
Enter D to download
Enter Y to begin downloading

Modmii exits and no files are copied to COPY_TO_SD\WAD

Also...

From main menu select W for wizard
Select N to only download specific items
Enter 4.3 for current SM
Enter U for region
Enter N to skip downloading active IOS's
Enter 4.3 to "update" to 4.3
Enter N to skip downloading any channels
Enter Y to download recommended cIOS's
Enter N to skip HBC and/or BootMii
Enter N to skip YAWMM
Enter Y to install IOS236
Enter N to skip Priiloader
Enter N to skip themes
Enter N to skip usb loaders
Enter Y to verify settings
Enter D for default COPY_TO_SD
Etter Y to generate guide and begin downloading

Modmii exits and the only 2 things in COPY_TO_DS/WAD folder are:
USBLoader(s)-ahbprot58-SD-USB-v11b-IDCL.wad
USBLoader(s)-ahbprot58-SD-USB-v11b-IDCL-Forwarder Paths.txt

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
ModMii 5.1.1

From the main menu select option 4
Enter BETA for d2x beta settings
Enter 1 for d2x-v8-beta(r40)
Mark 249d2x56 and 250d2x57
Enter D to download
Enter Y to begin downloading

Modmii exits and no files are copied to COPY_TO_SD\WAD

Also...

From main menu select W for wizard
Select N to only download specific items
Enter 4.3 for current SM
Enter U for region
Enter N to skip downloading active IOS's
Enter 4.3 to "update" to 4.3
Enter N to skip downloading any channels
Enter N to skip HBC and/or BootMii
Enter N to skip YAWMM
Enter Y to install IOS236
Enter N to skip Priiloader
Enter N to skip themes
Enter N to skip usb loaders
Enter Y to verify settings
Enter D for default COPY_TO_SD
Etter Y to generate guide and begin downloading

Modmii exits and the only 2 things in COPY_TO_DS/WAD folder are:
USBLoader(s)-ahbprot58-SD-USB-v11b-IDCL.wad
USBLoader(s)-ahbprot58-SD-USB-v11b-IDCL-Forwarder Paths.txt

/confirms
Except I didnt get anything at all downloaded. :

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I just tried both and both are working just fine for me. Try deleting\renaming your "temp" folder where modmii.exe is saved. Also, I doubt this is the problem but make sure u have free space on the drives you're using.

edit: really, you confirmed this? Why can't I reproduce it...??? What are the settings u have for modmii's options?

edit2: I tried them both with my existing temp folder and again without a temp folder at all, it worked for me both times

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    but that's a long shot
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
    +1
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    +1
    Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @rqkaiju2, Physical media is a great source for archiving your data, none of that cloud storage shiz.
    +1
    [squeezes @SylverReZ onto a physical media, then archives you in my old stuff box] :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, should i change my pfp to one of these or keep it the same?
    iu

iu

(i guess i could change it to one of my other pfps too, but i just want to see what you guys think first)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Up to you.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    smug sonic time lmao
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Chronic The HempHog
  • DilllyDabDharma @ DilllyDabDharma:
    I'm new! Hi!
    DilllyDabDharma @ DilllyDabDharma: I'm new! Hi!