OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
@satannuts,
d2x v7 final should be released very very soon, so I would wait for that before installing a v7 beta cIOS. Can you direct me to a download link for the latest wiiflow

@NLD1888, try running ModMii's hackmii solutions wizard

@Wever, I'm reverting back to mmm in the next update, but I'm glad to hear that other than wiimod issues ModMii worked great for you :D

satannuts

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Satannuts: you can always open wiiflow and check for yourself (there is a question mark or "options" option on the HUD, after which there is a setting with the credits. That one lists the revision number as well). Wiiflow (even the newest revision) certainly won't NEED that beta, but it doesn't hurt to install them (you're looking at the wiiflowiki page, aren't you?). At worst, you can still use modmii to download and overwrite 248 and 249 with d2x v6 again. Though I don't think it'll be needed (I haven't tested v7 much, but it was pretty stable in beta2, so I don't think there'll be much issues left).
Thanks for clearing that up Wever. I thought the newest cIOS would be needed by wiiflow for the using vc/WiiWare channels on an emulated nand. Just as GX will need it hopefully in next update.
But I will wait for final, no rush. Yes, I was reading the wiiflowiki. I'm only trying to get some problematic games working via usbloaders...and play around with emulated nand. :)

There were two slight issues, though.
One was caused by the hard drive, so nothing to do with modmii (check the neek2o thread for details).
I wonder what that hard drive issue is? I will check that thread and come back and edit this part.

@satannuts,
d2x v7 final should be released very very soon, so I would wait for that before installing a v7 beta cIOS. Can you direct me to a download link for the latest wiiflow

@NLD1888, try running ModMii's hackmii solutions wizard

@Wever, I'm reverting back to mmm in the next update, but I'm glad to hear that other than wiimod issues ModMii worked great for you :D
Thanks for the info Xflak. The wiiflow version downloaded through ModMii was dated 12-25-2010, and according to the "committed version dropbox" it is r304 [the oldest version available in the Dropbox]...
Links for the latest wiiflow can be found on the first page on the wiiflowiki.
There is an ad-supported Nightly-build direct-link, but you are probably better off with the no-ads "committed version dropbox" link here. [which also has older versions archived].

Thanks again.

NLD1888

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Dear XFlak,
Running ModMii's hackmii solutions wizard & the screen this time goes blank when I run the boot.elf.
This time, there is no log data written on the SD Card. By the way, the current method of loading game from the HDD is via a program called USBLoaderCFG v40.
What should I do now?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
try using the hackmii solutions from ModMii v4.7.6 (or v4.8.1 when it's finished). That uses mmm instead of wiimod and should work. U can find older versions of ModMii on it's google code page. I think cfg usb loader is on rev 70 now, u can download it from ModMii's download page 2

satannuts

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dear XFlak,
Running ModMii's hackmii solutions wizard & the screen this time goes blank when I run the boot.elf.
This time, there is no log data written on the SD Card. By the way, the current method of loading game from the HDD is via a program called USBLoaderCFG v40.
What should I do now?
NLD1888, the USBLoaderCFG is now v70, perhaps your channel/forwardr is old?
About your MW3 issue and the Hackmii installer log:
MW3 probably runs on IOS 57 just like BlackOps and according to your log, there is no IOS57 present [57 is needed for some USB capabilities, i believe].
ALso, the installer is trying to run on IOS 31...
launching IOS 31 for the installer...
Try to set it to launch under IOS58. If that doesn't work try to run a sysCheck and post it.
You may need to update IOS236 or another outdated IOS that HackMii requires.

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
ModMii for Windows
Version 4.8.1 Released!
by XFlak

Download ModMii Installer Here

Download Spanish ModMii Installer Here
Spanish version not updated yet, still at v4.8.0

Download Italian ModMii Installer Here
Italian version not updated yet, still at v4.8.0

Download French ModMii Installer Here
French version not updated yet, still at v4.6.1

Download Dutch ModMii Installer Here
Dutch version not updated yet, still at v4.6.1

See first post for more info.
4.8.1 Changelog
  • Added a lot more info to NAND\nandinfo.txt when building\modifying emulated
    NANDs. Also, now after building\modifying emulated NANDs ModMii will open
    nandinfo.txt using notepad.
  • Updated nswitch channel to v1.0 - old versions will be detected and updated
    by ModMii's Emulated NAND Modifier. With this version of the channel installed
    it is possible to launch UNEEK and UNEEK+DI without an SD Card.
  • Updated Priiloader v0.4 to v0.7 neek2o mod in ModMii's emulated NAND
    builder\Modifier. This version of Priiloader will not freeze when installed
    to emulated NANDs.
  • Updated Priiloader Hacks (Download Page 2) to include both hacks.ini and
    hacks_hash.ini. Both files are copied to emulated NANDs when installing
    Priiloader.
  • Enhanced ModMii's Emulated NAND Modifier region\firmware detection by having
    it read from NAND\content\title.tmd. As a result the Emulated NAND modifier
    is now able to install\remove Priiloader to\from all firmwares (instead of
    just 4.1-4.3). However, system menu theme installations are still limited
    to 4.1-4.3.
  • Replaced the Homebrew Filter Channel with Postloader when building emulated
    NANDs. There are now two Postloader downloads on ModMii's Download Page 2,
    a forwarder channel and an autoupdating download for the app itself.
  • Changed default NAND folder naming when building new emulated NANDs so that
    they are also compatible with Postloader. Instead of /nands/nand# now they
    will be named /nands/pl_eu for euro/pal NANDs, /nands/pl_us for USA NANDs,
    /nands/pl_jp for JAP NANDs and /nands/pl_kr for Korean NANDS.
  • Users are once again asked to provide a serial number when building emulated
    NANDs instead of always using the default serial number. This change was
    reversed after discovering that if on the first boot of an emulated NAND the
    serial number is not the same as the real NAND it MAY prevent establishing
    an internet connection.
  • d2x cIOSs updated from v6 to v7. The d2x v7 final changelog can be found here:
    http://code.google.com/p/d2x-cios/source/browse/tags/d2x-v7/data/Changelog.txt
    Thanks davebaol for all your hard work on this!
  • Enhanced d2x beta support. Now when accessing the d2x beta menu it will list
    all the d2x versions hosted on the d2x-google code page as well as identify
    which are featured at that point in time. These are listed in addition to any
    'offline' beta d2x cIOSs you may have manually saved to ModMii's
    Support\More-cIOSs\ folder.
  • Added d2x-beta-md5-updater.bat to ModMii's Support folder. This will mainly
    be used by davebaol to facilitate his construction of d2x beta zip archives
    that are compatible with both ModMii and the d2x cIOS Installer. With this
    change all future d2x beta cIOSs will be released simultaneously for both
    installation methods. On a personal note, it was a pleasure collaborating
    with davebaol on this.
  • Reverted back to using MMM, IOS236 Installer and Priiloader v0.7 (236 Mod)
    instead of WiiMod (with ahbprot) and Priiloader v0.7 (with davebaol's
    ahbprot bug-fix). This was due to WiiMod harmlessly failing to load in
    certain uncommon situations. I have prepared an alternate version of
    ModMii v4.8.1 that still uses WiiMod so anyone interested in helping jskyboo
    beta test WiiMod please get in touch with jskyboo or myself. WiiMod is still
    available for download on ModMii's Download Page 2.
  • Updated Wii Backup Manager to Wii Backup Manager 0.4.5 build 78.
  • Fixed bug where an older version of SaveGame Manager GX was being downloaded
    instead of the latest version (this was due to a change in how the files were
    being hosted on its google code page).
  • Adjustments made to Syscheck Updater to support additional acceptable SysCheck
    logs (i.e. MIOS v10, cIOS222 and cIOS223). It will now also check if d2x-beta
    cIOSs are installed when a d2x beta cIOS is activated (instead of always
    checking for the d2x version included with ModMii).
  • Some optimizations when running ModMii in command line mode. Added a command
    to install an extra folder of WADs to an emulated nand. I don't think anyone
    is using this feature anyways so this isn't big news.
  • Celebrities may walk on the red carpet, but ModMii walks on toilet paper
    because it's the SH*T!
  • Other minor changes

Sacred Nym

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
First of all I'd like to thank you for making this incredibly simple yet beautiful program.

I'm completely new to software modding anything. I've constantly thought about doing this for a while but I've always been worried about bricking/losing my Wii especially with my current budget. I can't really afford to replace my Wii, or the myriad of VC/WiiWare games I've bought for it.

Though now I'm starting to worry that my disk drive may be dying on me... hence my current motivation.

Anyway, my questions right now are pretty much about brick risks. Assuming I follow the guide generated to the letter, what are the chances of bricking really? It's my understanding that the majority of bricks are caused by user error, but at the same, majority =/= entirety. More importantly, are there any points in the guide that are particularly brick sensitive? I don't want to get over confident in high risk situations. I don't want to walk into this without knowing what to watch out for.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can answer.

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I have never once had anyone report bricking from using ModMii, and it's been used A LOT.

Realistically the only chance u have of bricking is losing power during the installation of a few key things. If u lose power during the handful of seconds while installing bootmii@boot2, u could brick. If u manage to get bootmii @ boot2 installed safely u are essentially brick proof. If your wii is a newer model and can't install bootmii @ boot2, then u could possibly brick if u lose power during the installation of system menu IOS, system menu (if up\downgrading), and priiloader. However, with a nand backup u could recover from such a brick using an infectus nand programmer. Also, each of those things install pretty quickly so the risk is pretty low. But if u have an APS with battery backup like I do, I would say the risk is virtually zero. That being said, I don't accept any responsibility for w/e yada yada yada u know the story.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
One was caused by the hard drive, so nothing to do with modmii (check the neek2o thread for details).
I wonder what that hard drive issue is? I will check that thread and come back and edit this part.
It's mentioned in this post and onwards. Basically, my hard drive doesn't initialise fast enough to boot into neek2o with bootmii in boot2. The workaround solution is to boot neek2o with the same solution that bootmii as IOS users have to use: install priiloader on the nand and let it auto-boot neek2o. It doesn't circumvent using the nand, but at least you still have the advantages of the emulated nand.

Sacred Nym

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That's good to know, and pretty reassuring. I'm already on 4.3U and see no reason to change so it seems like Priiloader is my only worry (at least, only notable worry). Alas My Wii came off the self in Feb 09, so I don't think I can get BootMii on boot2. Regardless I'll probably try it tomorrow and see how it goes.

One misc question first, why does the guide suggest removed GC accessories? Not really that important, just kind of stuck out as odd to me.

stev418

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
is it just me or is the latest modmii version still using d2x v6 modules when you create d2x v7 wads? :S, to pack a v7-final wad i first need to access BETA setting and select v7

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It's mentioned in this post and onwards. Basically, my hard drive doesn't initialise fast enough to boot into neek2o with bootmii in boot2. The workaround solution is to boot neek2o with the same solution that bootmii as IOS users have to use: install priiloader on the nand and let it auto-boot neek2o. It doesn't circumvent using the nand, but at least you still have the advantages of the emulated nand.
@wever, overjoy made a priiloader forwarder that works also..it only forwards to the SD or HDD, that seems to do the trick as well..for me it does..(i have that blasted HDD init problem as well)..

EDIT: i see in the Neek2o topic you got it from overjoy already, the forwarder should work every time...at least the old one does for me.

NLD1888

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Dear XFlak & satannuts,

I'm very new to Modding.
How do I start the Homebrew Channel? Is it a program on the SD Card (but I can't find it) or already on the Wii when I power it on?
After power on the Wii, these are the selection I can choose:
1. Disc Channel
2. Photo Channel
3. Mii Channel
4. Wii Shop Channel
5. Forecast Channel
6. News Channel
7. USBLoaderCFG v40
Am I missing something? Pls advise

Muyfa666

Trophies
XP
Country
Dear XFlak & satannuts,

I'm very new to Modding.
How do I start the Homebrew Channel? Is it a program on the SD Card (but I can't find it) or already on the Wii when I power it on?
1. Disc Channel
2. Photo Channel
3. Mii Channel
4. Wii Shop Channel
5. Forecast Channel
6. News Channel
7. USBLoaderCFG v40

EDIT: Removed link to other thread.

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
-Snip-

edit:
@stev418,
If you go to the d2x beta settings of 4.8.1 and select "N", it will use the version of d2x that came with MdoMii v4.8.1, which is v7-final. If after updating to 4.8.1 ModMii was showing v6 it was likely because you had d2x beta settings in place from an earlier version of ModMii.

@Sacred Nym,
GC accessories can sometimes interfere with the softmod process.

@NLD1888,
just use the ModMii wizard, when asked if this is your first time modding your wii say yes even though it isn't. Then follow the guide. It will have u install the HBC since it sounds like it's missing (it should show up on the main system menu screen (ie. near the disc channel))

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Dear XFlak & satannuts,

I'm very new to Modding.
1. Disc Channel
2. Photo Channel
3. Mii Channel
4. Wii Shop Channel
5. Forecast Channel
6. News Channel
7. USBLoaderCFG v40

http://gbatemp.net/t...y-wii-43-below/

Very good guide that has all the info you need.
Lol, I think you mean terrible guide. I don't understand why that is even posted.

mhzainn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thank you xflak, i want to ask something, i have used modmii v4.7.1 for a while , my wii 4.2U and booted as ios and i am using SDHC 4g, i am not using sneek or uneek at all , is it save to upgrade through sysCheck to v4.8.1, i'am afraid of breaking , what do you recommend update or not or update some and some not ???

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo