OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
closer to $3/month or $0.10/day

Just an FYI, everyone who makes a donation to ModMii is told about an Easter Egg. This Easter Egg does 2 things, the first is going to be kept secret, as it is the main function of the Easter Egg and in my opinion the more useful function. But the 2nd function of the Easter Egg is that ModMii will not open your browser at all during updates (this was just recently implemented). So to those complaining about linkbucks, if u care bad enough make a donatation and it will go away, or just put up with it... or don't use the automatic updates feature and just update ModMii manually.

DeadlyFoez and I have a bunch of ideas, but if we're ever going to implement them, it's not going to be cheap.

iRoNiE

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hey, many thnx for the app, I just love it.

I have only one issue with the outcome. Wii boots fine, usb loader works fine, but system settings give me a black screen.
Looked arround on the net, found this should be a region issue. But strangly, my wii has converted from a 4.2E to a 4.1E.
In MyMenuify I find the "old" saved Wii theme as a 4.2E app, and other checks I did do not tell me I've made the stupid mistake of choosing the wrong SM.

Now I have to decide my next move, only upgrade the SM from 4.1E to 4.2E, or do the complete mod again with the same 4.1E to 4.2E choise, or choose the option 4.2E to 4.2E in the mod (seems silly but since I've never chosen to downgrade I do not know what has or has not been changed
blush.gif

Or I can try to install first IOS70v6687 and then with wadmanager sys menu v482.wad, but I suppose thats what ModMii would do?

I also installed the Dark Wii theme (my reason for modding one more time again) and all other apps in the list.

And further, I have a LU64+ black Wii, if that could help

The Wii is not connected to the net yet, so it does not worry me too much at the moment, but I would appreciate a hint in the right direction whow to solve this.

Hope this can help other folks too.

iRoNiE

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I'm going to summarize ur problem, 2 make sure I understand...
u accidentally installed a 4.2 csm theme using mymenuify on your 4.1E Wii?

If this is the case, launch priiloader (by holding reset as the wii is turning on), go the priiloader's app launcher and from there launch the homebrew channel, then launch mymenuify, then install the original .APP file for your 4.1E wii (or a csm file for 4.1E that u know is safe, like modmii's), then the problem should be solved

... just re-read your post, it sounds like u want to be on 4.2 instead of 4.1? If that's the case, just stay on 4.1, there's no point in bothering, the only difference is more antipiracy protection, but nothing we can't get around

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just to ask, is any donation acceptable (despite the exchange rate)? As I plan to donate £5/£10 to help towards the development of ModMii, next week when i get paid.

Also, this is a away of saying thank you. As I'm a regular user of ModMii and it has helped make things a little easier and quicker.
smile.gif

iRoNiE

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
@XFlak

My Wii was on 4.2E before the mod, and I've double checked the original Wii theme that MyMenuify saved to SD during the ModMii installation. It says 0000008a_4.2E.app. I checked this to make sure I did'nt make a mistake on a previous mod. If I did downgrade before by accident (or ignorence) it would say 0000008a_4.1E.app I presume, but correct me if I'm wrong.
Now, when I boot into PriiLoader I see it says IOS60 System Menu v450. My other check after modding was with MMM, which of course says its a SM 4.1E

This is an extract from my ModMiiGuide.txt
"
This Guide was generated using the following parameters:

* Wii is currently a virgin (un-modified)
* Current firmware is 4.2E
* Desired firmware is 4.2E

* Download Photo Channel
* Download Internet Channel
* Download Weather Channel
* Download Mii Channel
* Download Shopping Channel (and IOS56)

* Download Extra Brick Protection
* Install Dark Wii Red Theme
* Update active IOSs
"

FYI , The Dark Wii theme is named "DarkWii_Red_4.2E.csm" on the SD card and it installed and works.
I don't think it's a good idea to put back the original Wii system theme 4.2E that MyMenuify saved on SD because of SM mismatch now.
At the moment my best guess is to try and upgrade again to 4.2E with ModMii, but cannot foresee how this will interact with the DarkWii theme.
If I brick the Wii completely, my kids will have me for breakfast, lunch AND dinner
wacko.gif

Don't know what other info I could give you, except info in my previous post.
Just trying to figure out what happened, that's my fun with the Wii!!

Many thanks for your reply already.

iRoNiE

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
either u had a 4.1E system menu wad saved in the wad folder from a previous softmod and u accidentally installed it, resulting in your downgrade. Or u somehow downgraded to 4.1E before using ModMii, and forgot about it when u told the ModMii Wizard u were on 4.2.

Never install a theme for a different system menu. You installed a 4.2E theme on your 4.1E. In any case, this is a really simple fix.

If u want to stay on 4.1, just install the dark wii red 4.1E csm using mymenuify (if that doesn't work for some reason, just install the dark wii red 4.1E system menu wad using MMM's wad manager)

If u want to be on 4.2 for whatever reason, install a non-stubbed IOS70 (just 2 be safe, but u probably already have this installed) and the dark wii red 4.2E system menu wad using MMM's wad manager.

You can download all the files I mention above from ModMii's download pages 1 and 3.

Note, that if u install a system menu wad, it overwrites Priiloader. So you should reinstall that afterwards using the same method you did before.

newwolf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hee,

I love your program it really is easy to use also for dummies :-p

But I really want to know which tool you have for compiling your batch file.

Grz.,
Newwolf

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey XFlak, modmii is looking a bit strange for me, look:
degfg.png

It's maximized still strange:
fbhdfg.png

I don't think this is normal, any idea?

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
@newwolf,
I use this: http://download.cnet.com/Bat-To-Exe-Conver...4-10555897.html

@Hielkenator,
of course ModMii will support Bathax, it's just a matter of time.

@FIX94,
that's very weird... I've never had a problem like that before. I'm assuming you've tried extending the window width to no avail? Perhaps the max cmd window width on the PC your using has been reduced. Open a cmd window, right click the top title bar, go to properties, and try playing with the settings. I'm assuming this is a new problem, because u never mentioned it before. If this is the case, perhaps try restarting (but u probably tried that already too)... or if u care badly enough u could try a system restore. But I can say for certain that nothing related to the window size has changed in recent ModMii updates.

skedone

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have a problem mate i have a already hacked wii running ciosv19 not been used in ages so i thought dust it of and use it again, here is were u come in i thought i would use your program to update cios and alike but the problem is it always fails and just freezes at about file 30 ish and that's it.

so please can u help

i am running windows 7 ultimate x64 and selecting full wizard mode mate

or if you can tell me why when i install the forwarder as well that your program downloads it wont load the usbloader_gfx from either usb or sd just always quits

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
what file specifically is it freezing on? If you see a note right under the download in question mentioning unfreezemii.bat, run unfreezemii.bat to get it to unfreeze (that's an issue with wiininja's cmd line nusd.exe).

a forwarder channel launches apps saved under specific paths. My forwarder channel doesn't include the SD+USB:\apps\usbloader_gfx. Rename the usbloader_gfx to one of my forwarders supported paths and it will work (ie. usbloader_gx, usbloader, usb-loader, etc.)

skedone

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry dont know why i added the f then i meant usbloader_gx mate sorry as for the file it stops at i will run again and find out i did try unfreeze last time it said it cant because it was in us or summit

like i say i will run it now go up shop and let you know mate

Posts Merged

go thing it error 4 times mate it was fate its been that long since i last used it a i was on 4.1e not 4.2e lol could have killed the poor little thing anyway restarted again selecting 4.1 lol will let you know

Posts Merged

right just to let you know it went very well this time mate everything is now working as should be (must have been server timeout last time) all installed including theme mate where would i find more themes

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
whoa, dude, plz don't make a bunch of posts in a row, next time just edit your last post instead

you can find more themes here:
http://wii.spiffy360.com/themes.php
but you'll need to build *.csm's from the *.mym files using ThemeMii (or MyMenu 1.2) and the correct .app file for your firmware. Make sure u have proper brick protection in place before installing untested themes (priiloader, bootmii and a nand backup)

If you have more questions on themes, please post them in a more appropriate thread, like this one:
http://gbatemp.net/t260327-wii-theme-team-creations

clusten

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
FIX94 said:
Hey XFlak, modmii is looking a bit strange for me, look:
It's maximized still strange:
I don't think this is normal, any idea?
enter in properties (right button in title bar) and go to layout, there move the width parameter.

(sorry for my english, but im a native spanish speaker)

sphinx.djc

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey XFlak!

After learning all about playing backups and what not, I've turned to VC games. But I'm left in a dilemma because I'm not sure how to install these. These come up as .wad files (at least the version of OoT I have did) What do I do with them to put them on and play them? Can ModMii help me here?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @Psionic Roshambo only if you're electroboom