that is correct
biggrin.gif

thank you

bdpna

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting "system cannot find the path specified" errors after downloading the extra CIOS files when the system is attempting to patch them before moving them to the WAD folder...Seems to dowload the base files fine but the script is getting an error when trying to patch/update them. Result is these are all missing from my WAD folder.

* cIOS202[57]-v5
* cIOS223[37-38]-v4
* cIOS222[38]-v5
* cIOS224[57]-v5
* cIOS250[38]-v20
* cIOS249[56]-v20
* RVL-cmios-v4_WiiGator_GCBL_v0.2

What am I doing wrong? Help?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Did u extract the files from the zipped file before running it? It sounds almost like you are running ModMii directly from within the zip file, and it cannot find the diff files needed to patch the files. If you did extract all the files, try downloading/extracting a fresh copy of ModMii.

bdpna

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did and had extracted to my E drive and gave it its own folder name. I will try unzipping in its native folder name on C and re-running.

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Hi XFlak.

I have used your excellent program to build a NAND for Sneek. I can see that the MIOS it is installing is v10 but it is not the same wad as the one I can download from with NUSD. What is the difference and why do you not use the one from NUS?

I want to try out DOIS-MIOS so I am wondering if the installed MIOS will work. Also I need to install BC. Can I do that just by using ShowMiiWads (drag the bc.wad to the ShowMiiWads windows with the Sneek NAND opened) ? Sorry I know the last one is a bit off topic.

Thanks.

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
the MIOSv10 from ModMii is the same as the one from NUS servers. If you are comparing 2 wads packed by 2 different programs, of course they will be different, but if u unpack the wad the contents will be the same. So basically, if u download a wad from program A, it will have a different hash than if u downloaded it from program B. But both wads contain the same files, and installing either wad will have the exact same effect on the Wii. So yes, ModMii's installed MIOS will work for DIOS MIOS (assuming u do everything else necessary to build dios mios). Why do u need to install BC to the emulated nand? What you described is how u would install wads to the emulated nand, except after dragging and dropping into the showmiinand window, u need to click the "install" at the very bottom of the window.

lightmagick

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sometimes I'm stupid with this stuff but usually really good at following exact directions. I was using a softmod to boot backup discs (cioscorp3.5 I think) but I wanted to update and also my shop channel wasn't working so I got this program, everything worked perfectly but then I noticed I can't load all my backups. Anyone know what I screwed up? Also feel free to call me a noob or an idiot cause that's what I feel like right now. I really could figure this out over time but I am too tired right now so if anyone feels like helping please do.
smile.gif

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
XFlak said:
yes, ModMii updates all your IOSs, effectively overwriting darkcorp. You can just reinstall darkcorp afterwards and your Wii will be able to play discs from the disc channel again.

FYI, in the future, u can disable updating active IOSs in the ModMii options, thus preventing darkcorp from being overwritten in the first place

btw, u should look into using a usb loader instead of darkcorp, its much better

shinyazz52

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i am looking to put a forwarder on my wii for cfg usb loader , and have used modmii to get the wad. do i need to have a patched ios 58, because looking at my syscheck report it says no patches , please could someone advise

...runs on IOS58 (rev 6176).

Region: PAL
System Menu 4.1E (v450)
Hollywood v0x11
Bootmii: Boot2 v4

Found 108 titles.
Found 41 IOS on this console. 10 of them are stub.

IOS4 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS9 (rev 1034): Trucha Bug
IOS10 (rev 768): Stub
IOS11 (rev 256): Stub
IOS12 (rev 526): Trucha Bug
IOS13 (rev 1032): Trucha Bug
IOS14 (rev 1032): Trucha Bug
IOS15 (rev 1032): Trucha Bug
IOS16 (rev 512): Stub
IOS17 (rev 1032): Trucha Bug
IOS20 (rev 256): Stub
IOS21 (rev 1039): Trucha Bug
IOS22 (rev 1294): Trucha Bug
IOS28 (rev 1807): Trucha Bug
IOS30 (rev 2816): Stub
IOS31 (rev 3608): Trucha Bug
IOS33 (rev 3608): Trucha Bug
IOS34 (rev 3608): Trucha Bug
IOS35 (rev 3608): Trucha Bug
IOS36 (rev 3608): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access
IOS37 (rev 5663): Trucha Bug
IOS38 (rev 4124): Trucha Bug
IOS41 (rev 3348): Trucha Bug
IOS50 (rev 5120): Stub
IOS51 (rev 4864): Stub
IOS53 (rev 5663): Trucha Bug
IOS55 (rev 5663): Trucha Bug
IOS56 (rev 5662): Trucha Bug
IOS57 (rev 5919): Trucha Bug
IOS58 (rev 6176): No Patches
IOS60 (rev 6400): Stub
IOS61 (rev 5661): No Patches
IOS70 (rev 6912): Stub
IOS80 (rev 6944): Trucha Bug
IOS202 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS222 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS223 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS224 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS249 (rev 20): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS250 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS254 (rev 65281): BootMii
BC v6
MIOS v10
apologies if this is in the wrong thread.

iamwally

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! I have been using the other stickied method for easy wii softmod for quite some time now without any problems. My wii is at 4.2u but recently it seems some of the newer games aren't loading from configurable usb loader with wbfs drive. So I decided to give this method a shot to update my softmodded wii. Unfortunately I cannot seem to get past the hackmii installer step because the hackmii installer says it works and that it installed hbc and bootmi but when I try to exit hackmii to hbc all I get is black screen. If I reboot wii to system menu and try to run hbc from there I get the same thing black screen and then i have to reboot wii. Any ideas how to fix this so i can go on with the rest of the update?

Thanks,

iamwally

iamwally

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the quick response Xflak. I followed the hackmii solutions guide. Everything looks like it works without a hitch but then same thing black screen whenever I try to load hbc. i am starting to think i may have to use bootmii to restore my nand. I just hope I can and I didn't screw that up as well. Beginning to think i should have left my wii alone except there were some new games I wanted to get to work. Oh well.

Thanks,

iamwally

Update: I think I am ok now. I am an idiot sometimes! I don't know why it should matter but I disconnected all the peripherals (i.e.- hard drive, wii speeak mic, etc) and now the homebrew channel seems to be working. I don't know why I didn't think of that earlier. I am going to go through the whole mod process to update and I will let you know how I make out.

Thanks again,

iamwally

davebaol

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Just install the forwarder with multimod manager.
Be sure a patched ios il loaded otherwise load ios 236 or 249 using the last option in mmm.

iamwally

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so now I was able to run through the whole procedure without a hitch. Problem is that for some reason now I cannot initialize network when in configurable loader. So I can't download covers and update the loader it says cannot initialize network. Never had that problem before. Not sure what i am doing wrong. This is how the wizard setup the guide for me:

* Wii is currently a virgin (un-modified)
* Current firmware is 4.2U
* Desired firmware is 4.2U

* Download Photo Channel
* Download Internet Channel
* Download Weather Channel
* Download News Channel
* Download Mii Channel
* Download Shopping Channel (and IOS56)
* Download Wii Speak Channel

* Download Extra Brick Protection
* Update active IOSs

Shouldn't that take care of everything? I did notice there were some wad files in the main directory that weren't installed by mmm but i think those are for use by the 10s236 installer and hackmii installer, right?

Thanks,

iamwally

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
The only IOS in the SD card root/main directory used by the IOS236 Installer is IOS36v3351. All the others were used to build your cIOSs (which were saved in the wad folder). The next version of ModMii does not save those base wads to the root of the sd card, so hopefully u get to be the last person to ask about them
biggrin.gif

Do a connection test on your wii (from the main wii settings) and confirm your wii is connected to the internet. Be sure to say no if/when asked to perform an update. Also, try launching configurable usb-loader via the HBC and also via its forwarder channel and see if that makes a difference in terms of accessingthe internet.

iamwally

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very weird. I tried going through Hbc and the network initialized in CFG loader. So I thought that it must be the forwarder channel. So then I launched CFG loader through forwarder and now network initialized that way as well. Go figure! Anyway seems things are working ok now. Only one trouble game can't get mic to work in karaoke revolution glee. It works with all other singing games. Could be that all other singing games I load with 222 and this game will only load with 224 or at least that is the only way I have gotten it to load.

Thanks,

Iamwally

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
XFlak said:
the MIOSv10 from ModMii is the same as the one from NUS servers. If you are comparing 2 wads packed by 2 different programs, of course they will be different, but if u unpack the wad the contents will be the same. So basically, if u download a wad from program A, it will have a different hash than if u downloaded it from program B. But both wads contain the same files, and installing either wad will have the exact same effect on the Wii. So yes, ModMii's installed MIOS will work for DIOS MIOS (assuming u do everything else necessary to build dios mios). Why do u need to install BC to the emulated nand? What you described is how u would install wads to the emulated nand, except after dragging and dropping into the showmiinand window, u need to click the "install" at the very bottom of the window.

Hi XFlak

Thank you for your explanation, I wasn't aware that WADs can be different but still have the same content

Regarding why I need to install BC, I read that in the 'Dois-Mios released'. It is mentioned several times from page 19, see a couple of examples here: http://gbatemp.net/t264838-dios-mios-released?&st=270 and http://gbatemp.net/t264838-dios-mios-released?&st=315

Thank you for your help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BigOnYa, I'll rip a bag off my Volcano to that, brother
    +2
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    DDDS . Dual Developer Dedede System :)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also happy birthday @Xdqwerty
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it me you're looking for?
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    'Cause I wonder where you are
    wait I got the lyrics mixed up
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And I wonder what you do...Lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its all good, I'm here to talk to you.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hello
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing fallout4 all day, I went into a elevator and it kept going, never stopped, waited 5 minutes, must of been a bug. How bout you, whatcha do today?
    +1
    I'm wondering why a stray tuxedo cat has a cloudy eye
    I've been playing TOTK all day also
    +1
    Oh you reminded me of those elevator nightmares
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Awesome game, fun how they force you to build, but you can build as you want
    It is super fun, I actually prefer it over BoTW
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The guy holding the sign always cracked me up, esp when you fail, and it falls
    Ah yes, that guy lol. I still need to find all his signs. The game has a lot to do though so I don't know what to finish first
    I'm 120 hours in and am still like 44.4% done
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good times. Building is starting to get good around now for you. You making me want to make run thru again.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, enjoy your gaming, and avoid the lightning, or put your sword away. Good night.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All I gotta do is not spend $10 in the next 5 days and I'll break even this month lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, tell your wife not to forget her wallet
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @BigOnYa, tell your wife not to forget her wallet