Votes: 120 11.9%

• Total voters

davebaol

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I agree about base 57.
Some recent games like CODBO require that base in order to work.
I bet it will come in next ModMii release.
biggrin.gif

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
cIOS249/250v20[57] will eventually be supported... but COD Black Ops can already work using ModMii's current recommended cIOSs. Just launch configurable using cIOS249v20[56] and launch the game using cIOS224v5[57].

And if u prefer to use a wanin cIOS instead of 224, you can still download cIOS249/250v19[57] from download page 2

@davebaol and others, thx for responding to ModMii Q's in my absence. It was my goal all along to be able to have other ppl provide modmii support so it's self-sustaining without needing me always online (kind of like how Erik answers most questions on xzxero's guide). I really appreciate it!

Sc4rFac3d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
n00b question, I'm on a black 4.2 Wii that I modified once using the sticky tutorial. Haven't been around for some time and now I want to play the newest games (wiiware for example) that require ios

Can I just follow the guide on "virgin wii, yes"? Thanks for the help.

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I'm looking for the opinions of a handful of more advanced users, I'm currently updating ModMii's NAND Builder, should I include IOS4*'s in the nand dump? It will increase the size of the dump (not by that much), but those IOSs are only used in a handful of KOREAN Wii games so not having them will likely never affect anyone... should I include them just for completeness sake?

@Sc4rFac3d, that is correct.

SoundHyp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got a quick question, when I build a NAND for UNEEK + DI why does it create a WAD folder on my SD card? They don't look like stuff I want to be installing.

jodur

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
XFlak said:
I'm looking for the opinions of a handful of more advanced users, I'm currently updating ModMii's NAND Builder, should I include IOS4*'s in the nand dump? It will increase the size of the dump (not by that much), but those IOSs are only used in a handful of KOREAN Wii games so not having them will likely never affect anyone... should I include them just for completeness sake?

I would include them.
An Emulator NAND must be a mirror as "real as possible" of the original, so i think they should be included for completeness sake! Extra Required space on a SD of HDD isn't an issue these days. I would leave the wads out used to build the nand, because they are useless after building the Nand, so they don't have to be copied to the SD

Sc4rFac3d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
XFlak said:

Thanks, I figured I had to update to 4.3 but modmii says it's not recommended? Why not?

Should I just update ios and the like and stay on 4.2?

edit, can I leave installed programs and other wads be before installing this via the sd card?

tomthemon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
does this thing delete stuff like channels and homebrew? should i select hackmii if i already have that on my wii? should i select channels i already have (internet for example)?

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
@Sc4rFac3d, you can update to 4.3 if u want, but it is no better than 4.2, and 4.2 is no better than 4.1. ModMii recommends that you stay on your current firmware (4.2) so you don't need to pointlessly download and install a new system menu which is a fairly large file. And yes, you can leave other apps and wads in place, but I would recommend you let ModMii rename your current wad folder (you will be prompted) so that only the wads ModMii tells you to install are in the WAD folder. If you merge your WAD folders, when you are on the install wads step, make sure you only install what is in your ModMii list of wads to install.

@tomthemon, it does not delete anything (with one exception, it typically overwrites darkcorp/cioscorp unless you disable the update active IOSs option in the options page). Also, if you have priiloader installed and you're changing system menu versions (ie. installing a new system menu), it is overwritten, so you should reinstall that. The only reason not to select hackmii is if you already have the latest release of bootmii and the HomeBrew Channel (1.08) installed to IOS58. But even if you have the latest HBC installed, reinstalling it is still perfectly safe. Generally, I recommend people tell ModMii that their Wii's are virgins even if they're not. That makes sure that all your softmods are up to date and takes out some of the guess work of the more advanced questions that are only asked if you answer your wii is not a virgin. You do not need to select Wii Channels (ie. internet) if you already have the latest versions installed and working. For the most part, all the channels you have are probably up to date with the exception of the shopping channel. So if you like using the shopping channel, you should probably select to update it unless you already have the latest IOS56 and v20 of the shopping channel installed.

sweenish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just wanted to point out a minor typo.

when extracting a game for SNEEK, it says "extrator" instead of "extractor."

still loving the program!

Sc4rFac3d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
XFlak said:
@Sc4rFac3d, you can update to 4.3 if u want, but it is no better than 4.2, and 4.2 is no better than 4.1. ModMii recommends that you stay on your current firmware (4.2) so you don't need to pointlessly download and install a new system menu which is a fairly large file. And yes, you can leave other apps and wads in place, but I would recommend you let ModMii rename your current wad folder (you will be prompted) so that only the wads ModMii tells you to install are in the WAD folder. If you merge your WAD folders, when you are on the install wads step, make sure you only install what is in your ModMii list of wads to install.
Thanks bro, you're the best!

fastz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, noobish here. My wii I softmodded about 2 yrs ago and after days of redoing several times I got it working perfectly. Plays any game, usb, sd or disc, runs mplayerCE, priiloader & bootmii in IOS & boot2.
It was a 4.2u virgin. Uses 249(r15) and 222/223(r4)

Doing another one now and it's a 4.3u virgin. Went thru ModMii (thanks!) to do the setup. All seemed fine. I had HBC, the recommended IOS/cIOS installed, bootmii as IOS (no option for boot2) and priiloader w/ hacks.
MplayerCE would play from USB or SD but not disc. Installed WiiMC & channel, it plays dvd disc & usb/sd.
USBloaderGX would play backups on disc but not on 80g wbfs drive. It could see them but blackscreen when trying to run. Using 249(r20). odd I thought. I tried installing a new game through USBloaderGX which installed fine, but couldn't play it off the hdd. I then installed wiiflow as UsbloaderGX may be dead (though it's still on my personal wii) but same thing happens. So I changed a game setting to use 222 and it worked fine. Go figure. Maybe I have to downgrade to 249(r17) as that seems to be the best to date.

Here is the syscheckGX:
sysCheck GX v1.0.0 by Erik Spyder
sysCheck GX is running under IOS58 (rev 6176).
Console ID: xxxxxxxx.
Region: NTSC-U.
Hollywood v0x21.
Boot2 v4.
System Menu v513 (4.3U).
BC v6.
MIOS v4.
First release.
Found 89 titles.
Found 42 IOS and 7 IOS Stubs on this console.
Priiloader is installed.

IOS 3 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS 4 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS 9 (rev 1034)
IOS 10 (rev 768): Stub
IOS 11 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, ES_Identify, NAND Access
IOS 12 (rev 526)
IOS 13 (rev 1032)
IOS 14 (rev 1032)
IOS 15 (rev 1032)
IOS 16 (rev 512): Stub
IOS 17 (rev 1032)
IOS 20 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, ES_Identify, NAND Access
IOS 21 (rev 1039)
IOS 22 (rev 1294)
IOS 28 (rev 1807)
IOS 30 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, ES_Identify, NAND Access
IOS 31 (rev 3608)
IOS 33 (rev 3608)
IOS 34 (rev 3608)
IOS 35 (rev 3608)
IOS 36 (rev 3608)
IOS 37 (rev 5663)
IOS 38 (rev 4124)
IOS 40 (rev 3072): Stub
IOS 41 (rev 3607)
IOS 43 (rev 3607)
IOS 45 (rev 3607)
IOS 46 (rev 3607)
IOS 48 (rev 4124)
IOS 50 (rev 14889): Trucha Bug, ES_Identify, NAND Access
IOS 51 (rev 4864): Stub
IOS 52 (rev 5888): Stub
IOS 53 (rev 5663)
IOS 55 (rev 5663)
IOS 56 (rev 5662)
IOS 57 (rev 5919)
IOS 58 (rev 6176): USB 2.0
IOS 60 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, ES_Identify, NAND Access
IOS 61 (rev 5662)
IOS 70 (rev 16687): Trucha Bug, ES_Identify, NAND Access
IOS 80 (rev 6944): Trucha Bug, ES_Identify, NAND Access
IOS202 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, ES_Identify, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS222 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, ES_Identify, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS223 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, ES_Identify, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS224 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, ES_Identify, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS236 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, ES_Identify, NAND Access
IOS249 (rev 20): Trucha Bug, ES_Identify, NAND Access
IOS250 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, ES_Identify, NAND Access
IOS254 (rev 65281)

Report generated on 2010-11-28.
-=-=-=--=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=--=-
Not sure the best path to go forward, use a loader that uses hermes 222 or downgrade 249 to r17.

Thanks xlfac for the cool work & attention to detail on ModMii, that's some task!

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I recommend u try formatting your harddrive as fat32 and using configurable usb-loader

but for wbfs formatted harddrives, I hear rev17b is best, although the newer revs should still be working. I bet if u use configurable usb-loader and rev20 u can get your games to play off of a wbfs formatted hard drive.

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
ModMii for Windows
Version 4.4.0 Released!

by XFlak

Download ModMii Installer Here

Download French ModMii Installer Here

See first post for more info.

2drswas.jpg

4.4.0 Changelog
  • ModMii is able to create Custom System Menu Themes (*.csm files)
    which can be installed using MyMenuify. Alternatively, ModMii can bundle
    themes into System Menu WADs for easy installation using a WAD Manager.
    The Dark Wii Red Theme by the Wii Theme Team is the only supported theme
    on 4.1/4.2/4.3 firmwares of all regions. When using the ModMii Wizard or
    the NAND Builder, users will be asked if they want to install a theme or not.
  • Added offline support to ModMii.
    A temp folder saves a copy of all downloads (except Auto-Updating Downloads)
    so that ModMii will never need to download the same file twice.
    The Save Zip option has been replaced by ModMii's offline support.
  • ModMii Wizard now recommends users beginning on a 4.3 System Menu remain on 4.3.
    ModMii Guides now instruct users to install a patched IOS236 using
    either IOS236 Installer or Simple IOS Patcher.
    Recommended cIOSs now include cIOS250v20[57] instead of cIOS250v20[38].
  • The USB-Loader Set Up guide offers Users the choice to download
    Configurable USB-Loader, WiiFlow or both. The latest Official/Full release
    of Configurable USB-Loader is now downloaded instead of the latest beta release.
    WiiBackupManager is now used to format drives instead of FAT32 GUI Formatter.
  • NAND Builder now includes IOS41,43,45,46,48, BC and a Dark Wii Red Theme option.
  • "ModMii Updater 1.0" updated to "ModMii Installer v2.0"
    Can perform local installations (including shortcuts on desktop\start menu)
    and it still offers the traditional portable installation option.
    This will be the only download link listed on the ModMii webpage from now on.
  • Updated NusFileGrabber to v1.3 in order to download various files listed below.

New Downloads
    +cIOS249/250v20[57]
    +Simple IOS Patcher v1.11
    +WiiFlow 2.2beta (249)
    +MyMenuify
    +000000**.app MyMenuify files for 4.3U/E/J/K, 4.2K and 4.1K
    +0000000c.app for people who want to build their own DIOS MIOS enabled SNEEK
    +WiiBackupManager (WBM) updated to 0.3.6 beta 1
    -Removed FAT32 GUI Formatter since WBM can format drives as FAT32/NTFS and WBFS

ankc

Trophies
XP
Country
saw a lot of different files for cIOS249...are they the same files but of different versions?or are do they do different things?thx

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...