Votes: 120 11.9%

• Total voters

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
No, these are cios with a fakemote module, they allow you to use ps3 or ps4 controllers in wii games, that's why I put it in other slots when I use it, but don't worry, I already solved my problem, @XFlak doesn't need to help me. Thank you
A software on the Wii will load only a CIOs at time, today the default Slot loaded by Homebrew loaders is the 249 but on the majority of loaders you can setup a different CIOs slot per each game. so if a game needs a different base IOS for loading you can install a different CIOs on other slot and then configure your loader to launch the game using that slot. that's why the majority of us will only need one or two CIOS on ours consoles.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Your ios253 is unclear. Whatever it is, it has not been tagged during installation as is typical with CIOSs (e.g. Your 248-252). If you installed it using the d2x cios installer (wii app) perhaps the ciosmaps.xml was missing the tag? Maybe try reinstalling it via modmii and the tag should populate (but perhaps install to a lower slot number for reasons explained below), or if u supply the wii d2x cios installer with an updated ciosmaps it should also include all the tags.

Also I would install your 252 to a lower slot. I recently (yesterday) learned from blackb0x that Gx's auto ios option prefers higher slot numbers when selecting what ios to use. Meaning as your wii stands now, gx's auto ios option would choose your 252 (d2x base 57 with fakemote) over 250 (d2x base 57 without fakemote) when selecting a base 57 d2x ios. I assume you want the auto ios option to select the non-fakemote version, so if you moved the fakemote ios to slot 247 and removed it from 252 it would select your 250 instead.

• Love
Reactions: Zorg07 and impeeza

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
So... I am using my backup Wii because my main one overheats, if I am lucky is just that it needs to be opened up and cleaned, if I am unlucky it is a hardware issue.

Anyway, been two years since I updated anything, anything I should know before I give it a go? I already made a backup just in case.

Edit: Everything works fine and I added a few emulators using the Homebrew Channel, the one that let's you download stuff.

Last edited by raxadian,
Reactions: XFlak

Zorg07

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
I have a problem, I have created 4 emunands neek20 with ModMii as a test, but out of all of them I have not been able to make emunand sneek+DI work, it stays on this screen (I left it for about 20 minutes and nothing happened), I clarify that I have in my usb gc and wii games, so that it works. I also tried to change the name of the bootmiineek folder to bootmii, and it was the same result, but normal sneek emunand if it works for me. Do you know what could be happening? It's just curiosity I prefer emunand uneek+di, but some users who use only sd and I would like to help. Thank you.

Captura de pantalla 2023-05-18 123114.png

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I have a problem, I have created 4 emunands neek20 with ModMii as a test, but out of all of them I have not been able to make emunand sneek+DI work, it stays on this screen (I left it for about 20 minutes and nothing happened), I clarify that I have in my usb gc and wii games, so that it works. I also tried to change the name of the bootmiineek folder to bootmii, and it was the same result, but normal sneek emunand if it works for me. Do you know what could be happening? It's just curiosity I prefer emunand uneek+di, but some users who use only sd and I would like to help. Thank you.

View attachment 372243

Have tried to run it from the sd card? The Wii has trouble loading stuff from the USB port unless it has its own power source.

Zorg07

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Have tried to run it from the sd card? The Wii has trouble loading stuff from the USB port unless it has its own power source.
As I mentioned, the only emunand that I have not been able to start is sneek+di, the others like emunand uneek, uneek+di and sneek, if they work for me.

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
When you rename the sd:/bootmiineek folder to bootmii, do you then launch it via "bootmii" (via hbc, priiloader, boot2, etc), or are you trying to use nswitch or something like that?

If running the official neek+di, and not neek2o, you will need a game in usb:/games/gamename in fst extracted format

You constructed sneek+di and not just an emunand right? If u build uneek+di then just insert an SD emunand it's not enough to actually launch the sd emunand, the sneek(+di) files are needed too

Sonic3320

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I am having issues when trying to download other d2x versions besides the included v11. Everything that I type is a wrong value.

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Please describe your issue in more detail. Are you going to d2x options and seeing all the various versions hosted online? Are you entering a number like 1, 2, 3, etc for the first, second and third options respectively? After doing so does the version change in download page 4 / adv downloads pages? Are you getting an error?

Reactions: jeannotte

Sonic3320

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I
Please describe your issue in more detail. Are you going to d2x options and seeing all the various versions hosted online? Are you entering a number like 1, 2, 3, etc for the first, second and third options respectively? After doing so does the version change in download page 4 / adv downloads pages? Are you getting an error?
I am going to the advanced download section, clicked on the option to change the d2x version.
On previous versions I typed v8-final and on the newest version it says "IIncorrect key". Typing 8, d2x-v8-final... anything doesnt work

jeannotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I

I am going to the advanced download section, clicked on the option to change the d2x version.
On previous versions I typed v8-final and on the newest version it says "IIncorrect key". Typing 8, d2x-v8-final... anything doesnt work
for the CIOS, page 4 of Modmii (cios d2x v11 beta 1 <<<== latest version)

Reactions: Blythe93 and CoolMe

Sonic3320

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
for the CIOS, page 4 of Modmii (cios d2x v11 beta 1 <<<== latest version)
I did this, I want to change it to download previous versions of d2x (not to download the latest one) since I lost the SD Card that I had with everything downloaded, but it doesnt work. The latest version is already highlighted.

One suggestion: include mGBA on the Emulator section. mGBA is far better than VisualBoyAdvance. VBA is only useful to run GB/GBC ROMs.

Last edited by Sonic3320,

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I am having issues when trying to download other d2x versions besides the included v11. Everything that I type is a wrong value.

So something changed on github and the download links are no longer being parsed correctly. There's an easy fix that you can apply until I get around to pushing an update

open support\modmii.bat, and search for this line of code:
Code:
support\sfk filter -spat "temp\list.txt" ++".7z" ++"d2x/" -rep _"*temp/d2x/"__ -rep _".7z*"__ -write -yes>nul

then add the following line just BEFORE it
Code:
support\sfk filter -spat "temp\list.txt" -rep _\x22path\x22_\x0d\x0a_ -write -yes>nul

Do this then try again, and it should work

edit:
a similar issue is present in modmiiskin.bat when selecting a new theme, to fix this change

Code:
support\sfk filter -spat "temp\skins.txt" ++".zip" -!"Default.zip" -rep _".zip*"__ -rep _*\x22__ -write -yes>nul

to
Code:
support\sfk filter -spat "temp\skins.txt" -rep _\x22path\x22_\x0d\x0a_ -write -yes>nul
support\sfk filter -spat "temp\skins.txt" ++"Skins/" ++".zip" -!"Default.zip" -rep _"temp/Skins/"__ -rep _".zip*"__ -rep _*\x22__ -write -yes>nul

Last edited by XFlak,

spectr3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, so I am trying to re-mod my Wii as it wasn't loading into any games from my USB stick. I followed a couple tutorials but now it won't even read the USB stick or my HDD (truth be told it's a different USB but I'd really like my 1TB drive to work, its a SeaGate Plus Portable so I think it should work). It's on FAT32 MBR already.

I wanted to just start from scratch using ModMii, never heard of it before but it seems like you have built an incredible tool over the years, most devs aren't as patient as you these days.

I'm having trouble getting ModMii to download the cIOSes, the Homebrew Browser I can install myself :P

Here's my download log:

Code:
SystemMenu_4.1J_v448_DarkWiiBlue_No-Spin.wad: Valid
cIOS248[38]-d2x-v11-beta1.wad: Valid
cIOS249[56]-d2x-v11-beta1.wad: Valid
cIOS250[57]-d2x-v11-beta1.wad: Valid
cIOS251[58]-d2x-v11-beta1.wad: Valid
CleanRip: Valid
DarkWii Orange Theme (4.2K) - No-Spin: Valid
FAT32 GUI Formatter: Valid
GameCube Backup Manager: Found
SystemMenu_4.2J_v480_DarkWiiOrange_No-Spin.wad: Valid
SystemMenu_4.2E_v482_DarkWiiOrange_No-Spin.wad: Valid
IOS11v65535(IOS60v6174[FS-ES-NP-VP-DIP-RC24]).wad: Valid
cBC-NMMv0.2a.wad: Valid
IOS13-64-v1032.wad: Valid
0000000e.app from IOS60 v6174 (SNEEK): Valid
00000001.app from IOS80 v6943 (SNEEK): Valid
IOS17-64-v1032.wad: Valid
nSwitch: Valid
IOS21-64-v1039.wad: Valid
cIOS250[38]-v21.wad: Valid
DarkWii Orange Theme (4.1E) - No-Spin: Valid
RVL-cMIOS-v65535(v10)_WiiGator_WiiPower_v0.2.wad: Valid
IOS31-64-v3608.wad: Valid
DarkWii Red Theme (4.1K) - No-Spin: Valid
SystemMenu_4.1J_v448_DarkWiiBlue_No-Spin.wad: Valid
cIOS250[57]-v19.wad: Valid
IOS36-64-v3608.wad: Valid
IOS37-64-v5663.wad: Valid
cIOS250[56]-v20: Missing
IOS40v65535(IOS60v6174[FS-ES-NP-VP-DIP-RC24]).wad: Valid
nSwitch: Valid
IOS43-64-v3607.wad: Valid
IOS45-64-v3607.wad: Valid
WiiFlow: Found
IOS48-64-v4124.wad: Valid
DarkWii Green Theme (4.3U) - No-Spin: Valid
IOS53-64-v5663.wad: Valid
IOS55-64-v5663.wad: Valid
IOS56-64-v5662.wad: Valid
IOS57-64-v5919.wad: Valid
RVL-cMIOS-v65535(v10)_WiiGator_WiiPower_v0.2.wad: Valid
cIOS250[58]-v21: Missing
YU-GI-OWNED (USA, PAL and JPN): Valid
IOS70v65535(IOS60v6174[FS-ES-NP-VP-DIP-RC24]).wad: Valid
Homebrew Browser: Missing
RVL-mios-v10.wad: Valid
MyMenuifyMod: Valid
Nintendont: Found
NKit Processing App: Valid
Open Homebrew Channel WAD (LULZ): Valid
DarkWii Green Theme (4.3U) - No-Spin: Valid
FileZilla: Found
USB-Loader Forwarder Channel\dol: Valid
cIOS222[38]-v5: Missing
Yet Another Wad Manager ModMii Edition: Valid

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Generally for anything NUS related, like cios's, just repeating the download it should eventually be able to download the required files in order to build it. Once the base ios is downloaded and saved to your modmii temp folder it should always be able to construct the cios again in the future without needing to download anything again in the future.

That being said, cIOS250[58]-v21 is missing, but not needed since you have already downloaded d2x 248-251. You can only have 1 ios250 installed at a time, and d2x v11 beta 1 is currently recommended.

Similarly cios222 is generally not needed anymore as d2x can pretty much do all the same anyway. Nothing wrong with installing it though, just repeating the download should eventually get it working

Homebrew browser... for now just download manually from oscwii.org. I've messaged the team about reverting the zip back to it's previous format, for some reason it changed and it's breaking things. Once reverted it will work in modmii again, if for some reason it can't revert I'll push an update to fix it

Sonic3320

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Similarly cios222 is generally not needed anymore as d2x can pretty much do all the same anyway. Nothing wrong with installing it though, just repeating the download should eventually get it working
Being someone that install Just Dance and DJ Hero mods, disagree. Many of them require hermes cios to work since the hermes cios has the ability to skip image size checks that the game has if the image is above 4,3GB. It can be easily averted if the user replaces the bi2.bin file on the game with wiiscrubber or reconstructing a wbfs image on wit, but many people just see that the 222 ios is required, try to run the game and get pissed by modmii just for not setting it up beforehand. Trying to run these games with d2x without replacing bi2.bin the game will fail to load with the 001 error, on hermes cios it works, that is why most of the time it is recommended by these modders.
Post automatically merged:

To be clear, the image size check only happens on modded games that go beyond the size of the original disc game, it is not an issue with every DVD9 game. d2x loads Xenoblade Chronicles and Smash Bros Brawl just fine, the 001 error doesnt appear.

Attachments

• bi2bin patched for dvd9game.zip
    412 bytes · Views: 23
Last edited by Sonic3320,

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Reactions: RunningSnakes

Site & Scene News