Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Being someone that install Just Dance and DJ Hero mods, disagree. Many of them require hermes cios to work since the hermes cios has the ability to skip image size checks that the game has if the image is above 4,3GB. It can be easily averted if the user replaces the bi2.bin file on the game with wiiscrubber or reconstructing a wbfs image on wit, but many people just see that the 222 ios is required, try to run the game and get pissed by modmii just for not setting it up beforehand. Trying to run these games with d2x without replacing bi2.bin the game will fail to load with the 001 error, on hermes cios it works, that is why most of the time it is recommended by these modders.
Post automatically merged:

To be clear, the image size check only happens on modded games that go beyond the size of the original disc game, it is not an issue with every DVD9 game. d2x loads Xenoblade Chronicles and Smash Bros Brawl just fine, the 001 error doesnt appear.
Apparently this isn't a cios issue, but a usb loader issue. Blackb0x has said publicly that his next gx update will make it so d2x works with these custom just dance games. That being said I'm not sure about COD games and headset support. @blackb0x were you aware of this issue with d2x, and do you know if it might be fixed with a loader update or if it requires changes to cios? Thx!

blackb0x

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@blackb0x were you aware of this issue with d2x, and do you know if it might be fixed with a loader update or if it requires changes to cios? Thx!
I've never heard of this issue before and I don't have a compatible headset to test for myself.

To test it you'd do this...
  1. Install d2x v11 as ModMii or this guide recommends
  2. Use USB Loader GX r1281 with the games cIOS option set to auto
  3. Connect the USB headset before you start the game
If it doesn't work then it might be worth trying again with d2x-v10-beta53-alt, since that treats USB devices differently while also breaking EmuNAND support.

If I had a USB Gecko then I'd spend more time fixing cIOS bugs, but unfortunately I missed out on the £20 Shuriken USBs and I haven't found anyone from the UK who's willing to sell theirs or create a clone for cheap.

jeannotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Apparently this isn't a cios issue, but a usb loader issue. Blackb0x has said publicly that his next gx update will make it so d2x works with these custom just dance games. That being said I'm not sure about COD games and headset support. @blackb0x were you aware of this issue with d2x, and do you know if it might be fixed with a loader update or if it requires changes to cios? Thx!
Good morning,

if it helps: :yaywii:

at the time I used this helmet for the wii ==>

Capture d’écran 2023-07-12 174837.png

and Call Of Duty was set to CIOS 250 base 57 version 8final and it worked like a charm.

@Sonic3320 says """ but many people just see that 222 ios is required """, (knowing that cios 222 had base 38 ).

and that when looking at the following guide ==>

https://wii.guide/cios

it uses CIOS 248 base 38

cordially Jeannotte :hrth:

worm28

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good morning,

if it helps: :yaywii:

at the time I used this helmet for the wii ==>

View attachment 382964

and Call Of Duty was set to CIOS 250 base 57 version 8final and it worked like a charm.

@Sonic3320 says """ but many people just see that 222 ios is required """, (knowing that cios 222 had base 38 ).

it uses CIOS 248 base 38

I have the same headset and strangly enough cios 250 with base 57 had no headset working so i used cios 224 with base 57 and it worked i was using d2x v8 final at the time weird shit and it was the same for usb loader gx wiiflow and configurable.

Sonic3320

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

it uses CIOS 248 base 38

Custom games are different than the original game. As I mentioned, if the game is bigger than the original game, which most of them are, it gives 001 error (unauthorized device has been detected) when trying to load them without replacing the bi2.bin file, if you try to install cios d2x as base 38 it wont load either. The original games do work fine on d2x.

Last edited by Sonic3320,

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Custom games are different than the original game. As I mentioned, if the game is bigger than the original game, which most of them are, it gives 001 error (unauthorized device has been detected) when trying to load them without replacing the bi2.bin file, if you try to install cios d2x as base 38 it wont load either. The original games do work fine on d2x.
The next USB loader gx will fix this so d2x can play these custom games. The issue was not with d2x directly

Sonic3320

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The next USB loader gx will fix this so d2x can play these custom games. The issue was not with d2x directly
I thought it was d2x issue since setting up Hermes cios fixes that when you dont know how to replace the bi2.bin and it happens with other loaders as well. Since hermes cios was widely used at the time on uLoader, a loader that is meant to run "disc backups" it makes sense that hermes has certain patches to not trigger the 001 error

Reactions: impeeza

nexstar400

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I believe there is some error occurring with the download txtcodes function. All the .txt files are internally like this:

Attachments

• RMCE01.txt
    4.4 KB · Views: 30

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I tried downloading a few weeks ago and had the same issue. So maybe the site is completely down.

edit: nevermind I see the issue, here's a zip of the codes before this issue began
Post automatically merged:

Issue should be fixed now thanks to @Larsenv 's help, but the zip is static now, not receiving updates

Attachments

• txt.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 26
Last edited by XFlak,

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus

Mostly bugfixes and minor tweaks this time

Changelog:​

• SysCheck Updater will now also suggest stubbing\removing IOS 252 and higher if detected (except IOS254 Bootmii). This is to ensure the recommended IOS248-251 are selected by USB Loader GX's Auto IOS setting, which prefers higher IOS slots all else being equal. Users wishing to use unique cIOS configurations should install them to slots 240-247 to avoid being nagged, or simply ignore optional recommendations to stub\remove cIOSs that you want to keep.
  • SysCheck Updater will now suggest removing Hermes cIOSs (when detected) if the Hermes cIOS option is disabled. If enabled, ModMii will continue to direct users to install Hermes cIOSs if missing.
  • To avoid redundant recommendations, ModMii's SysCheck Updater will not recommend removing\stubbing IOSs if already stubbed by ModMii (e.g. stub IOS is rev 404).
  • If the only SysCheck Updater recommendation is to stub\remove some IOSs a custom message is displayed indicating this is optional and all other mods are up to date.
  • Added check to SysCheck Updater to abort if it detects a Wii Mini System Menu version (v4609 or v4610).
  • Fixed bug causing ModMii to crash if analyzing a SysCheck log that is in French and also references an older version of the HBC (1.1.0 and lower).
  • Fixed Bug preventing the selection of alternate d2x cIOS versions and ModMii Skin themes that are hosted online.
  • Fixed bug causing ModMii to crash if running a Spanish version of Windows and missing NET Framework 3.5 or trying to install neek.

jinkazama75

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I formatted my wii 4.3E already modded 6 y ago using letterbomb and i'm trying to rehack it using modmii but i can't hackmii it.
This is modmii configuration
Wizard - First time - 4.3 - E - Letterbomb - Yes Active IOS - 4.3 - All - No - USB loader yes - USB loader GX.
This is modwii log:
* Install and\or update all recommended softmods
* Current System Menu is 4.3E
* Desired System Menu is 4.3E

* MAC Address: b

* Install the Photo Channel
* Install the Internet Channel
* Install the Mii Channel
* Install the Shopping Channel (and IOS56)

* Download USB-Loader GX
* USB-Loader Settings and config files saved to SD Card
Using this modmii configuration and launching lettebomb a lot of question mark appears on my scree and If i use same configuration choosing str2hax it hangs on hackmii SCAM (no press 1 appears)
I've also tried to use letterbomb methos using website (non using modmii) and when i open letter wii freeze.
I'm sure it's my old mod to create this issue, someone can help me to understand how to fix this? Thank you

Attachments

• 20230813_111535.jpg
    20230813_111535.jpg
    940.8 KB · Views: 27

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
If u already have the hbc, use that to launch the hackmii installer instead of an exploit (as per the spoiler in your modmii guide). This may not resolve the issue though, so try Modmii's hackmii solutions wizard (as per your modmii guide). If the unlikely event occurs where this doesn't work, try using v1.0 of the hackmii installer from the bootmii website instead of the latest version.

If this all fails there are other possible solutions like using ohneschwanzenegger to build a virgin nand.bin and restore it using bootmii, then remod from square 1

Edit: modmii's syscheck wizard may also work

Hyllian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi, I have a problem trying to update an old wii already hard modded (WiiKey) and using System Menu 3.2U.

I've run the latest SysCheck and got the csv log. Then I ran the latest ModMii using the option to update my hack giving my syscheck log. So, ModMii Generated a guide and downloaded 44 files. I copied these files to my 2GB SD (FAT32) card and put on my Wii. Took out my Gamecube controller and opened HBC. Then following the guide, it said to run Hackmii installer, which I did, but I got stuck at this screen:

Captura de tela 2023-08-26 191712.png

I waited for long 10 minutes and no "Press 1 to continue" message appeared. So I had to hold power button to turn off my Wii as my Wiimote didn't worked.

My SysCheck log:

Code:
SysCheck ME v2.5.0 by blackb0x, JoostinOnline, Double_A, R2-D2199 and Nano
...runs on IOS36 (rev 1042).

Region: NTSC-U
System Menu 3.2U (v289)

Could not detect the drive date!
Homebrew Channel 1.0.1 running on IOS36

Hollywood v0x11
Console ID: 38009306
Console Type: Unknown
Shop Channel Country: Brazil (16)
Boot2 v2
Found 157 titles.
Found 24 IOS on this console. 1 of them are stubs.

IOS4 (rev 3): Stub
IOS9 (rev 516): Flash Access
IOS11 (rev 10): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, Flash Access, NAND Access
IOS12 (rev 6): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, Flash Access, NAND Access
IOS13 (rev 10): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, Flash Access, NAND Access
IOS14 (rev 257): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, Flash Access, NAND Access
IOS15 (rev 260): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, Flash Access, NAND Access
IOS17 (rev 512): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, Flash Access, NAND Access
IOS20 (rev 12): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, Flash Access, NAND Access
IOS21 (rev 517): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, Flash Access, NAND Access
IOS22 (rev 772): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, Flash Access, NAND Access
IOS28 (rev 1288): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, Flash Access, NAND Access
IOS30 (rev 1040): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, Flash Access, NAND Access
IOS31 (rev 1040): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, Flash Access, NAND Access
IOS33 (rev 1040): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, Flash Access, NAND Access
IOS34 (rev 1039): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, Flash Access, NAND Access
IOS35 (rev 1040): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, Flash Access, NAND Access
IOS36 (rev 1042): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, Flash Access, NAND Access
IOS37 (rev 2070): ES Identify
IOS38 (rev 3609): No Patches
IOS53 (rev 4113): No Patches
IOS55 (rev 4633): No Patches
IOS249 (rev 10): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, Flash Access, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS250 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, Flash Access, NAND Access, USB 2.0
BC v2
MIOS v5
Report generated on 08/26/2023.

What should I do?

My Wii is working normally. I just don't know how to update my system menu to 4.3 in a safe way. Wii.guide recommends updating through Modmii, which I tried and failed.

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Follow the directions specified in your guide:
If the "Press 1 to continue" message doesn't appear, or you get a "no vulnerable IOS" error message or experience any other issues with this step, run ModMii again and this time select the "HackMii Solutions" option and follow those new instructions before continuing this guide.

Edit: u can just follow this guide using the files u already have, https://modmii.github.io/sampleguides/latest/ModMii_HackMii_Solutions_Guide.html

Hyllian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Follow the directions specified in your guide:

Edit: u can just follow this guide using the files u already have, https://modmii.github.io/sampleguides/latest/ModMii_HackMii_Solutions_Guide.html
Thanks. I have a question, though. In modmii guide it requires me to use hackmii and use bannerbomb to exploit again my Wii. I don't get it as my Wii is already running HBC and able to install WADs. On top of that, seeing another guide in "https://wii.guide/update" it only instructs to download some wads and install using Wii Mode Lite. Why so many differences to achieve the same objective that is getting to 4.3U System Menu? (I'm just a bit confused why I need those additional steps.)

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Read your guide more closely ;)

If u already have the hbc u can launch the hackmii installer that way

• Start the Homebrew Channel (HBC) and load YAWM ModMii Edition (Yet Another Wad Manager ModMii Edition). Once you've loaded it, move onto the next step.
  • If you are missing the HBC or it is failing to load any apps, you will need to launch yawmME using another method.

The modmii method is a bit better than wii.guide's, but in most scenarios the end result will be the same.

Yawm (used by modmii) is safer than wii mod lite, which sometimes crashes after installing wads and returning its main menu, which would lead to brick depending on what you're doing. Also yawm modmii edition can install a new system menu while retaining priiloader, something no other tool since the deprecated dop-mii has been able to do.

Also the ios80 modmii will have u install is safe for all consoles, whereas the one from wii.guide or official Nintendo updates could result in bricks if the wii was previously poorly region changed

Edit: also the hackmii solutions wizard is just getting the hackmii installer to run properly. The syscheck updater wizard won't just update your system menu (if applicable) but also any other mods that are outdated/missing

Last edited by XFlak,
  • Love
Reactions: impeeza and Hyllian

Hyllian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Read your guide more closely ;)

If u already have the hbc u can launch the hackmii installer that way

The modmii method is a bit better than wii.guide's, but in most scenarios the end result will be the same.

Yawm (used by modmii) is safer than wii mod lite, which sometimes crashes after installing wads and returning its main menu, which would lead to brick depending on what you're doing. Also yawm modmii edition can install a new system menu while retaining priiloader, something no other tool since the deprecated dop-mii has been able to do.

Also the ios80 modmii will have u install is safe for all consoles, whereas the one from wii.guide or official Nintendo updates could result in bricks if the wii was previously poorly region changed
Great! I'll try the Modmii Hackmii solutions guide, then. Firstly I'll update my Priiloader as it's on an ancient version (0.7 (r142)).

Last edited by Hyllian,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    live service game for 40 bucks that sold 12 mil copies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ever notice how games that sell millions get hated the worst
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Cod and sports games are good examples but people still buy the shit
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it happens quit often if not all the time
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    diablo 4 anyone?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Everyone just doesn't want to be an outcast and say they're decent games why do they make billions if it's so shit
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    just buy nintendo stuff and their games if you just want fun
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still can't name 12 fun current Nintendo games
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i say get a pc and emulate that too

:rofl2:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or in today's age at least a SteamDeck
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i gotta say, the steam deck isn't a bad deal, even if you get a used one, you have options to get it serviced and the parts are also available through ifixit
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I remember a guy trying to call me a SteamDeck fanboy I'm like well give me a grand I'll buy a winmax
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or a win4 things still sexy
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    having money does not mean everyone will just fork it over
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    everyone perceives value diffrently
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I buy cheap and whats useable
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Twice out of the year I may get something that's $600
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    we all like nice things, sure, but I also want to keep money on the side
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd have the same mentality if money wasn't an object
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    having a warped sense can happen
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    reason i question myself, but not constantly
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If I had Elon money sure I'd have a 20 bedroom home
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    if only that alone could make me happy, but nope
    :D
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    you'll only feel more empty after most of your urges go away like that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spam account tried getting $10 off me I'm like you didn't have it last week you'll be fine
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Spam account tried getting $10 off me I'm like you didn't have it last week you'll be fine