XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
After installing the downloaded files from NUS, a windows appears which allows you to edit the serial number in setting.txt.

If the serial number isn't the same as the console, It will result in a brick.

Edit: but, if the key's match the console, should it matter if the serial isn't identical?
You can give it any serial number, as long as it follow N's algorithm.... as far as I am aware.

I've done it to my wii and I have given it PAL, KOR, and JAP regions, and I've also given it the serial number to my other wii without any issues.

But if what you are saying was true then we wouldn't be able to convert a nand to work on anopther wii using betwiin or punetwiin, and I've done that hundreds of times.

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I suppose, it's like neek in real-time. Any serial, any region. As long it works, that's all it matters.

I did a fresh install of 4.2e with the same serial, ran bannerbomb/hackmii, installed hbc & bootmii ios and then updated everything (including the system menu) using mmm, after installing IOS236.

@[member='XFlak']: I don't think the 236 installer is needed anymore on ModMii, if you can do it within MMM.

Luigi2012SM64DS

G-old member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I suppose, it's like neek in real-time. Any serial, any region. As long it works, that's all it matters.

I did a fresh install of 4.2e with the same serial, ran bannerbomb/hackmii, installed hbc & bootmii ios and then updated everything (including the system menu) using mmm, after installing IOS236.

@[member='XFlak']: I don't think the 236 installer is needed anymore on ModMii, if you can do it within MMM.
i remeber that happening in version 5.0.2

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
yeah, i switched from mmm to wiimod cuz of ahbprot issues, but now with the latest HBC with network init problems fixed hopefully mmm with ahbprot should be safe to use. I'd like to put this to the test before adjusting the guides again though

edit: forgot to mention that i switched back to mmm from wiimod cuz it was having issues when being loaded directly via certain exploits.

jskyboo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, i switched from mmm to wiimod cuz of ahbprot issues, but now with the latest HBC with network init problems fixed hopefully mmm with ahbprot should be safe to use. I'd like to put this to the test before adjusting the guides again though

edit: forgot to mention that i switched back to mmm from wiimod cuz it was having issues when being loaded directly via certain exploits.
I could likely fix the issues if we could find a reliable tester for the problem.

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"NMM" is outdated, it's now been integrated into "DML", when your picking the version of DML to build just pick one with "nmm" in the title. And DML is installed to the real nand but can work on real nand and emunand (via sneek+di)

cheers dude
I don't think it will work with real games though, just through DML.
yeap already tested DML with nmm.... it doenst work with real games :(

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States

I could likely fix the issues if we could find a reliable tester for the problem.
That hurts, lol.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
the issue w/ wiimod was the entry points or something, so depending on how it was launched (ie. specific exploits) it may or may not work. Obviously not an issue when it's launched from the HBC, but on occasion you need may need to load mmm\wiimod before being able to load the hackmii installer

jskyboo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

That hurts, lol.
the issue w/ wiimod was the entry points or something, so depending on how it was launched (ie. specific exploits) it may or may not work. Obviously not an issue when it's launched from the HBC, but on occasion you need may need to load mmm\wiimod before being able to load the hackmii installer
It's nothing personal Joostin, if I remember correctly the issue was with loading Wii Mod from banner bomb for someone with a korean wii or something like that. By the time I talked to the person that had the issue they couldn't repeat it.

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
IDFC about anything. If Joostin feels upset about something, then you have to take it up with me.

No one ever should make my boi upset/hurt/depressed/or feeling inadequet (sp?) over anything ever.

I knew there was something familiar with those avatar pics both of you are using
photo-173218.png
photo-277060.png

:P

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
It's nothing personal Joostin, if I remember correctly the issue was with loading Wii Mod from banner bomb for someone with a korean wii or something like that. By the time I talked to the person that had the issue they couldn't repeat it.
No offense taken, thus the "lol". :P

@[member='G0dLiKe']: Foez made the avatar for me as a joke, but I wanted to see people's reaction to it. :D

Reactions: 1 person

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
@[member='G0dLiKe']: Foez made the avatar for me as a joke, but I wanted to see people's reaction to it. :D

Haha, that makes things more clear :)

@JoostinOnline please go back to your old Avatar. This one make you look really really very very young, thus taking all your wisdom away.

Unless you change your name to RedBoy or something :)

LOL +1 for RedBoy

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: They need to add air tags to they airbuds..