• No, and I posted what went wrong

Votes: 120 11.9%

• Total voters

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes sounds like a very good idea! My other Wii doesn't have bootmii as boot2 though so will have to look into how to do a nand backup on it as i can't remember.

I think my confidence has been knocked with this as even though I followed everything and did a nand backup it has still gone wrong (and my other Wii has less brick protection which is even scarier!)
The required files for BootMii can be downloaded using ModMii from the second download page.

Priiloader, HackMii Installer and MMM can be downloaded from that page as well.

As for the recommended latest cIOSes, cMIOS and DML can be downloaded from fourth page. As for latest BC, that is on the first download page.

@Homebrew Ninja: use the abstinence wizard, if you wish to have an emulated NAND (using neek) without the need of changing anything on your actual NAND.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus

ModMii for Windows
Version 6.0.7 Released!
by XFlak

Download ModMii Installer Here

Download Spanish ModMii Installer Here
Spanish version not updated yet, still at v6.0.6

Download Italian ModMii Installer Here
Italian version not updated yet, still at v4.8.2

Download French ModMii Installer Here
French version not updated yet, still at v4.6.1

Download Dutch ModMii Installer Here
Dutch version not updated yet, still at v4.6.1

See first post for more info.
6.0.7 Changelog

• ModMii now uses TMDedit by person66 to patch TMDs for future d2x beta cIOSs. This will allow davebaol to add or remove modules in future cIOSs without requiring further changes made to ModMii in order to support it.
  • Updated Casper to v0.3, thanks giantpune!
  • Updated name of WiiFlow to WiiFlow-Mod
  • ModMii no longer needlessly downloads 00000001.app from IOS60 when using the latest sneek installer v0.7a. This version of the sneek installer is used when building neek2o rev70+ or neek rev186+.
  • Added check to Casper2Bootmii for the temp\DownloadQueues folder and creates it if it's missing. This will fix errors that some may have encountered if that folder was missing.
  • Fixed error when saving an advanced cIOS to a download queue when its slot was not changed.
  • Other minor changes.

edit: Spanish version updated to v6.0.6

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
@[member='Homebrew Ninja']

It sounded like your first softmod attempt. That's why I thought it was a new wii. NeoGamma is indeed the application you need to play backup discs.
You will also need to install the latest d2x cios to use emulated nands. If you just use modmii and answer it's questions, it wiil generate a step by step guide for it.

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks XFlak, I'll download that later.

@[member='Natazza']: once again, you're welcome. If you have any more problems and you're worried of asking, then just send me a PM. I'll look after you, knowing that most members on this forum are either men or boys. Lol :)

Edit: to be perfectly honest, I don't know what the gender difference is in majority. But, I'll just assume the obvious anyway. Lol

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
OK, here we go.

Once you have punes app up and running..
1. Click "Nand Dump" in the menu bar, and then "New Nand".
2. Click the big button that says "Existing Nand", and navigate to and select your NAND dump that you made using BootMii.
3. Click "OK" (the app might hang for a minute or 2 while it builds the blank NAND image for you)
4. In the first Text Box area in the upper left corner of the app, and type in "4.2e" and then click the button that says "Get it".
5. Wait for a bit for to download everything and install it to the NAND image.
6. In the window that appears replace the serial number shown with your own and press "ok"
7. Copy that NAND image to the root of your SD card and make sure it is named "nand.bin"
8. Run bootmii on your wii and go to the restor nand option.
9. Donate money to giantpune
10. Profit (hopefully).
You have just made a very crucial mistake and actually forgot to mention something about setting.txt, after step five.

@[member='XFlak']: you did this mistake as well, shame on you! Lol

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I have no idea what you're talking about... or even if you're joking or serious?

edit:
yes, I flirt with female Wii hackers... this is hardly breaking news :P
That's not criteria on dating sites, just a warning :)
gbatemp is my dating service... it's the one place I know my wife is sure not to ever visit, lol

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
so what about setting.txt was missing from the steps? You even quoted the instructions but didn't add in the missing step you made reference to.

edit: I see you've edited the post now, nvm

edit2: I don't think that's necessary if the nand.bin is being created for the same Wii as the source nand dump

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
After installing the downloaded files from NUS, a windows appears which allows you to edit the serial number in setting.txt.

If the serial number isn't the same as the console, It will result in a brick.

Edit: but, if the key's match the console, should it matter if the serial isn't identical?

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi XFlak.... sorry to bother you on this thread

I just compiled NMM with modmii... do you know if it works with real nand? I couldn’t get to work any of my games (I’m using a WODE)
Some games get stuck on "reading memory card message" (ikaruga) and some just doesn’t load (Wind Waker, 4 sword adventures)

Btw, modmii works great as always... so thanks again :)

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
"NMM" is outdated, it's now been integrated into "DML", when your picking the version of DML to build just pick one with "nmm" in the title. And DML is installed to the real nand but can work on real nand and emunand (via sneek+di)

cheers dude

edit:
@LWares87,
not sure, we should ask Foez

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
"NMM" is outdated, it's now been integrated into "DML", when your picking the version of DML to build just pick one with "nmm" in the title. And DML is installed to the real nand but can work on real nand and emunand (via sneek+di)

cheers dude
I don't think it will work with real games though, just through DML.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Wow, only $700?