• No, and I posted what went wrong

Votes: 120 11.9%

• Total voters

Lakerfanalways

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok Im back(Yes its me, the big chicken LOL) I am about to do install on my Wii now(Already have everything set up through ModMii, went through all the motions, ready to go, printed out ALL of the paperwork needed to get this going) but I do have a few questions before I go ahead and do this, since Im already nervous(So nervous about bricking the Wii) I have 4.0 currently(Upgrading to 4.1U), its soft modded with homebrew channel and backup launcher(both being incredibly old, I havent updated my wads in so long) so when I was reading the instructions, the first thing it says to do is install bannerbomb which includes the homebrew channel and bootmii..will the homebrew channel just overwrite the old one that I have now? I dont want to screw up anything so that is why Im asking all these questions, I figured, I bothered enough people sending them PM's constantly, will do it the right way and ask questions on the official thread :-)

Burton

Real Life VIP and Educator
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think modmii's procedure will answer those questions you already made. If your HBC isn't the latest version then YES! Bannerbomb will overwrite you older version with the latest. The truth is that you should let modmii do everything for you!

BiriBiri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, first time trying to use ModMii here, and I can't seem to get it to run properly. a bit of searching didn't turn much up so I thought I'd post here. Whenever I launch modmii, it looks like this http://goo.gl/g9r8r. I am on Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x64.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
@BiriBiri,
what's your problem exactly, is the modmii window extremely small? it looks pretty small in the pic, it may have something to do with your screen resolution settings, but another workaround without having to change ur screen resolution would be for u would be for you to do an edit\replace of:
mode con
with:
::mode con
in support\modmii.bat. You can undo this manually or just do a fresh install of ModMii if u ever want to undo this workaround.
But yea, before trying that also try opening a cmd window, (type "cmd" in start menu), if it looks really tiny, right click the top bar and select properties, if anything looks weird either change it or right click the top bar again select default. Then save the settings.

Are you able to read that screen? It's asking you to type I Agree before continuing

@Lakerfanalways,
since u already have the Homebrew Channel Channel (HBC) installed, u can use that instead of bannerbomb (BB) to update your HBC and\or bootmii installations. After using ModMii a HackMii Installer option will appear in the HBC, but BB still works too so it doesn't make a difference which way u load it. But yea, this should actually all mentioned in the "Note" in ModMii's 1st steps to softmodding. You could even load the hackmini.elf using bootmii's mini launcher to update ur HBC and bootmii. All should be mentioned somewhere in ModMii's notes.

@Burton,
sorry to have to correct u buddy, especially when I know u know this already, but bannerbomb is just an exploit that launches an app. It's the hackmii installer that overwrites the HBC, not BB

Lakerfanalways

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am trying to install bannerBomb now, I went into Settings, data management, channels, and SD card, it brought up the boot.elf thing, I Pressed 1 to continue, it says I can install Homebrew and bootMii, and it says press to continue, but Im pressing 1 on my Wii mote and NOTHING is happening..am I supposed to use the gamecube controller or something and if yes what do I Press

BiriBiri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@BiriBiri,
what's your problem exactly, is the modmii window extremely small? it looks pretty small in the pic, it may have something to do with your screen resolution settings, but another workaround without having to change ur screen resolution would be for u would be for you to do an edit\replace of:
mode con
with:
in support\modmii.bat. You can undo this manually or just do a fresh install of ModMii if u ever want to undo this workaround.
But yea, before trying that also try opening a cmd window, (type "cmd" in start menu), if it looks really tiny, right click the top bar and select properties, if anything looks weird either change it or right click the top bar again select default. Then save the settings.

Are you able to read that screen? It's asking you to type I Agree before continuing

The work around didn't change much of anything. Normal command prompts look fine, and no, I cannot read the screen. The installer works fine, until it gets to that point (I Agree portion). I think it might have something to do with my use of the Japanese locale for certain PC games

Burton

Real Life VIP and Educator
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
@Burton,
sorry to have to correct u buddy, especially when I know u know this already, but bannerbomb is just an exploit that launches an app. It's the hackmii installer that overwrites the HBC, not BB
I know but I thought that if I explained in details then he would ask the double so I thought that if I lead him straight to BB (while following Modmii instructions)then the rest would install by itself with Modmii. LOL sometimes the more specific we try to be the less people understand us but your are right I should've explained correctly.

Lakerfanalways

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just got done installing EVERYTHING and I just have to say THANK YOU..Thank you for making this AWESOME product..it worked PERFECTLY!! Absolutely NO issues..let me tell you, if I can do it..ANYONE can do it and I mean ANYONE..i twas simple..I made a big fuss out of NOTHING(As I usually do LOL) the only thing I did not do was create a nand backup which I think I should but will do it later, sorta dont know how to do that LOL I tried to follow the directions how to do it but could not for the life of me figure it out.>EVERYTHING WORKS..and get this..before call of duty modern warfare 3 did not work from the game launcher, now it works PERFECTLY..updating the wads worked!! Thank you all again..now I just have to get my 1tb external drive up and running and NO MORE BURNING GAMES TO DISC!! Thank you all again for your amazing help!!

Luigi2012SM64DS

G-old member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just got done installing EVERYTHING and I just have to say THANK YOU..Thank you for making this AWESOME product..it worked PERFECTLY!! Absolutely NO issues..let me tell you, if I can do it..ANYONE can do it and I mean ANYONE..i twas simple..I made a big fuss out of NOTHING(As I usually do LOL) the only thing I did not do was create a nand backup which I think I should but will do it later, sorta dont know how to do that LOL I tried to follow the directions how to do it but could not for the life of me figure it out.>EVERYTHING WORKS..and get this..before call of duty modern warfare 3 did not work from the game launcher, now it works PERFECTLY..updating the wads worked!! Thank you all again..now I just have to get my 1tb external drive up and running and NO MORE BURNING GAMES TO DISC!! Thank you all again for your amazing help!!
you need a nand backup or else you can't recover your wii from a brick. make one now. how to do it. go into bootmii (homebrew channel press home lauch bootmii) go to your wii and press power 3 times then press reset twice on your wii not your wiimote then it will make the back up then you can exit and done.

Lakerfanalways

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you need a nand backup or else you can't recover your wii from a brick. make one now. how to do it. go into bootmii (homebrew channel press home lauch bootmii) go to your wii and press power 3 times then press reset twice on your wii not your wiimote then it will make the back up then you can exit and done.

Ok so once I press launch bootmii, it will load, and then I go on my Wii and press the power button three times(do I have to hold it while Im pressing it or do I just click it three times) then I press the reset button twice after doing the power thing and it will make a nand backup on my SD card?

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
@BiriBiri,
mode con
with:

@Lakerfanalways,
since u already have the Homebrew Channel Channel (HBC) installed, u can use that instead of bannerbomb (BB) to update your HBC and\or bootmii installations. After using ModMii a HackMii Installer option will appear in the HBC, but BB still works too so it doesn't make a difference which way u load it. But yea, this should actually all mentioned in the "Note" in ModMii's 1st steps to softmodding. You could even load the hackmini.elf using bootmii's mini launcher to update ur HBC and bootmii. All should be mentioned somewhere in ModMii's notes.

@Burton,

I am having the same problems with biribiri. In the previous version at least the window shrinks after accessing certain menus but now it's right at the start! Can't this be fixed? It's highly irritating... :(

Nevermind, managed to solve the issue

BiriBiri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just thought I'd stop back in and say thank you. Installed modmii on another PC and it went without a hitch, my wii is now fully up to day, shiny theme added, and loading games via USB with no issue.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
I am having the same problems with biribiri. In the previous version at least the window shrinks after accessing certain menus but now it's right at the start! Can't this be fixed? It's highly irritating... :(

Please share how you solved the issues so other users can learn from it.

loco365

Trophies
XP
Well, I recommended it to a friend of mine, and he had an issue with it. He has Windows 7 and when he ran it, the text didn't show correctly. It showed as a bunch of blocky letters instead of legible text. Other than that, I just got the files for him and sent them to him. Thanks for the program. I've recommended it to at least 3 people.

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong

Please share how you solved the issues so other users can learn from it.

Run modmii, right click on the tiny window. Select defaults. Under the defaults code page, make sure it's US (Mine's 437 - (OEM United States). Earlier on it was on other non-english locale

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Maybe Arnold could do a cameo voice acting, he is the one briefing you on the mission
    +1
    Honestly surprised they didn't make a tie in game for Predators that movie was awesome
    I was kinda sad the Yakuza guy died sword fighting a predator lol
    The Russian guy went out like a boss
    Double claymores to the face definitely kill a predator lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went today and looked at a motorcycle someone was selling. I get there and the battery on it was dead, so the guy grabbed a battery charger and hooked it up. He plugged it into the wall, and the motorcycle sparked and started smoking. Come to find out the bike uses a 6 volt battery and the guy had the charger set to 12v. I said sorry to the dude and walked away. I felt bad for him tho.
    Sounds like it would be an exciting ride....
    Not sure I would want something on fire between my legs
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He ruined it basically. Sad cause it was a decent old bike. It would take more money to rewire the bike than it was worth tho.
    Yeah I'm sure at minimum the starter was fried
    Alternator and battery
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Prob alot of fried parts. It was still smoking when I left.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I would've said show me how it rides
    I always wanted one of those Smart Cars with a Hyabusa motor in it.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm getting sick and tired of cheap ass baking pans now
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think it be cool to have one that would fit in my pickup truck bed, then I could put down ramps n drive it off.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Used this one 5 times already impossible to clean
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You need the $900 copper coated ones, they are good for 10 times cooking before they are un cleanable
    Condoms are only meant to be used once Ken lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well damn that explains how you were born
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I tried Cavier for the first time today. That shit is nasty. Don't get why people like it.
    Eh it's good with Vodka and crackers
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Eh it's good with Vodka and crackers