Votes: 120 11.9%

• Total voters

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hmm, think I found a bug. I was trying to download Wii Backup Manager, and when the download finished, modmii said it was save to K:
HTML:
                                       ModMii                                v4.8.0
by XFlak

DOWNLOAD LOG

Wii Backup Manager v0.4.4 build 73: Valid

* 1 file(s) downloaded succcessfully

* Make sure that K: is your SD card Drive Letter
* If K: is not your SD card Drive Letter,
copy the contents of the K: folder to your SD card

O = Open File Location (K:)

R = Repeat Download
S = Save Download Queue

M = Main Menu
E = Exit

Enter Selection Here:

However, ModMii did not save it to K, and after a bit of searching, I found it inside the ModMii directory in a folder called 'Program Files' (to clarify, the full path was 'C:\ModMii\Program Files\WiiBackupManager')

So, yeah, that is my problem, other than that though, great app Xflak. I still have no clue how you could possibly do all this in batch. You must have a lot of patience. :yaywii:

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
actually that's not a bug... although I see how the msg on that window can be confusing.

There's a ModMii option to select where PC apps are saved. portable (ie. K:), local (ie. C:\) or auto (if ModMii running off homedrive then use local settings, otherwise portable). Default settings are auto. It should have also created start menu and desktop shortcuts for u too (when using local or auto-local settings)

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
actually that's not a bug... although I see how the msg on that window can be confusing.

There's a ModMii option to select where PC apps are saved. portable (ie. K:), local (ie. C:) or auto (if ModMii running off homedrive then use local settings, otherwise portable). Default settings are auto. It should have also created start menu and desktop shortcuts for u too (when using local or auto-local settings)
Ahh, I see. Yes, that screen is kind of confusing. Oh well, thanks for the tip. Also not a bug, but just a small unimportant thing that is bothering me; when you select an item to download, and the star appears beside it, if there is an item in the column across from it, then it is shifted over one space. For example, with Wii Backup Manage, after marking it for a download, nSwitch is moved over a space.

EDIT: actually, this only seems to happen with Wii Backup Manager and nSwitch, others, such as FAT32 GUI Formatter and Switch2Uneek, work fine.

taiguy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@Lucif3r, WiiMod uses davebaol's ahbprot solution whereas MMM does not (ie. MMM is dangerous in ahbprot mode)

Thanks OverjoY! I do my best :D

@taiguy, ur problem is very weird. I don't understand why IOS60v16174(IOS60v6174[FS-ES-NP-VP-DIP]).wad is Valid but IOS70v16174(IOS60v6174[FS-ES-NP-VP-DIP]).wad is Invalid. They are both constructed using the same method except one changes it's slot # and the other doesn't. Anyways, I'm positive the problem is with your windows installation. You could give me more info by telling me what ModMii says when trying to download one of the "invalid" files. Anyways, just use a different computer or run vmware or something.

ran ModMii on the laptop and everything worked fine...

very. odd.

everything updated fine and the guide was great!

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I when was the option removed to use my Wii's seriel so my Wiimotes would already be synced? If it's still there could someone point me to where cause it doesn't ask when building neek2o nands.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: also ModMii isnt creating working E nands for me under UD option with 4.3SM; the only thing I'm installing is 249rev14 and priiloader v.04; I've tried 3 attempts and got the same results even when accessing Priiloader the screen is all shortened and then goes black. ModMii does successfully create working Korean and Japan nands for me :)

I'm using neek2o if that matters.

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
@taiguy, something is funky with your other windows installation. I'm glad to hear u got it working on a different computer though.
@person66, yea, that's what you get when using cmd window as a "gui", lol
@kylster, that's a problem with neek2o, I think they've either fixed it in their latest update or are still working on it. And about serial # for wiimotes, it makes no difference what serial is used so that question was removed from ModMii.

impizkit

Lazy Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Is there a reason why MMM is not supported and replaced with WiiMod? About weekly I do a syscheck update to see if anything is new and this changed after the newest Modmii update. Before it always told me I needed the newest MMM even though I already had it. Or am I missing something?

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
The syscheck updater will download a wad manager (mmm\wiimod) if any IOSs need to be updated. It will be marked for download even if it already exists on the sd card (download will be skipped if it's already found anyways).

The reason behind the switch from mmm to wiimod can be explained within the last page or 2 of this thread. But basically wiimod has safer ahprot support allowing people to safely install wads of all kinds without requiring a cIOS.

lizzygav

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just used modmii to do a system update. According to the guide I install the recommended wads first but when i put the sd card in and turn the wii on i get a bootmii screen and the wii remote does not work ( i assume this is because of the .elf files).
Should I insert the sd card after I have opened up the homebrew browser or do i need to use a gamecube controller to get pass the first screen?

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
If you read the previous step you should have learned to navigate the bootmii screen and perform a nand backup (power button on the wii itself = move and reset = select). Make a nand backup following ModMii's instructions, then you can launch the HBC (homebrew channel) directly from bootmii by selecting it from the bootmii menu. Alternatively, u can rename SD:\bootmii to something else and your wii will not start bootmii automatically (this is also mentioned in the ModMi guide). Btw, what u suggested would also work, if u power on the wii, launch the HBC, then insert the sd card, etc.

PS.
homebrew browser does not equal homebrew channel, 2 different things :D

lizzygav

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok Thanks for the info. I was reading the guide generated by the system update and it did not mention about making a nand backup. I did find the instructions on how to do so on the first page though.
Thanks again for your response and all your help, it is really appreciated.
:) :yaywii:

ru812

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had most everything working great last week. Today however the my wii locks up when I try to fire up the USB loader. I'm using an SD card for games right now. I did try reloading all the wads and that didnt seem to make an impact. Any suggestions?

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
are you talking about backups of wii game disks, or about VC/Wiiware installed as channels on an emulated nand?
what usbloader are you using?

ru812

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
are you talking about backups of wii game disks, or about VC/Wiiware installed as channels on an emulated nand?
what usbloader are you using?

I'm talked about backed up wii games running from my 8gb SD card. I had 3 on there working fine then it just stopped.

try formatting the SD card with Panasonic SD Formatter 3.0 and then see if the issue occurs again.

OK i'll give it a shot.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work