• Total voters

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
ozviewer said:
Of all the guides I have looked over the last week, this seems far superior, well documented, and makes more sense than the rest

I apoligise that the other poster has to say " are you serious", however, he/she has 1241 previous posts on this wii forum, and I have how many? To err on the side of caution and ask a basic question ( even if that person thinks it's basic or not) is apparantly the wrong thing to do? I guess you knew everything before you modded and came to this forum? Thanks for the welcome buddy..you have made me feel real good...NOT.
Hi ozviewer, a lot has changed, and many guides are outdated now...so i suggest you use ModMii, this is a sort of interactive thing, and still is updated as we speak...

To my opinion you can't go wrong with ModMii (says someone that modded a few Wii's himself with ModMii and IF you read all the previous posts, you read posts full off satisfied people that used ModMii).
This tool is easy to follow for the beginner and usable for the pro.

Maxi93

Trophies
XP
Country
linuxares said:
sweet =) nice work!
biggrin.gif

Hi can anyone tell me if I can use with this softeare(Mod WII for Windows)a specif sandisk sd card or I can use other sd/sd adapter as well?? Thanks..

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Maxi93 said:
Hi can anyone tell me if I can use with this softeare(Mod WII for Windows)a specif sandisk sd card or I can use other sd/sd adapter as well?? Thanks..
If you want to know if you can use a specific card you better which WHICH SPECIFIC CARD you want to use

but you should be able to use just about any card anyway

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
ozviewer said:
Of all the guides I have looked over the last week, this seems far superior, well documented, and makes more sense than the rest

I apoligise that the other poster has to say " are you serious", however, he/she has 1241 previous posts on this wii forum, and I have how many? To err on the side of caution and ask a basic question ( even if that person thinks it's basic or not) is apparantly the wrong thing to do? I guess you knew everything before you modded and came to this forum? Thanks for the welcome buddy..you have made me feel real good...NOT.

that was'nt my intention at all. We are trying to be helpfull here.
BUT asking questions in regards to "when to hook your sensor bar up"and asking why it's not in the hacking guide...
I really doubted if you were serious. If I have offended you in any way, I'm sincerely sorry.

I'll be happy to help you in the future, should you ever need it.

ozviewer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hielkenator said:
ozviewer said:

that was'nt my intention at all. We are trying to be helpfull here.
BUT asking questions in regards to "when to hook your sensor bar up"and asking why it's not in the hacking guide...
I really doubted if you were serious. If I have offended you in any way, I'm sincerely sorry.

I'll be happy to help you in the future, should you ever need it.

Ok...I accept that, and will take a step back as well, as it takes 2 to tango, so to speak. I could have been less hurtful as well.

Anyhow, I'm going to attack this wii shortly, I am just waiting on a drive of games to come back.

At this stage my scenario is i acquired this 2nd hand, with homebrew and everything already installed, but when we inserted an original game of wii-fit ( remember I don't have a drive) it wouldn't play, and asked to upgrade from the disc, which we did not allow.

I noticed in the tutorial, as well as playing by preparing a transfer to an sd card, that we need to nominate if the file system is one of FAT32,NTSF or WBFS. So until the drive arrives, I can't really move forward.

As soon as it does, I can then move on.

In the meantime, I am trolling my way through this long thread, ensuring I am up to speed.

Thanks all for the responses...I shall behave ...it looks a good place!

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
If u have an SD card u can mod your Wii for usb-loading and blocking updates (so u can play your original discs) and possibly even backup discs (if the Wii is capable). Just run the ModMii Wizard and say no to setting up a usb-loader. Then when u get your drive, run the USB-Loader Setup Guide from the Main Menu, and u can follow the instructions to set up the hard drive, then plug it right into your already modded Wii without having to make any more changes to the Wii itself.

bnm81002 said:
will the new version be released soon?
Probably about a week, but no promises... real life is busy for me at the moment... however, just to err on the side of caution I might have some ppl do beta testing before releasing it to the masses. If that's what I decide to do, it could add another week or so. I've already had 2 ppl test some of the changes without any problems, so I don't expect any major hiccups, but I made a lot of changes to ModMii so better safe than sorry! What I dread most is having to update the non-English versions of ModMii!

ozviewer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
XFlak said:
If u have an SD card u can mod your Wii for usb-loading and blocking updates (so u can play your original discs) and possibly even backup discs (if the Wii is capable). Just run the ModMii Wizard and say no to setting up a usb-loader. Then when u get your drive, run the USB-Loader Setup Guide from the Main Menu, and u can follow the instructions to set up the hard drive, then plug it right into your already modded Wii without having to make any more changes to the Wii itself.

thanks

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
So I've had damysteryman install and test ALL the cIOSs built by the latest ModMii beta. All the cIOSs worked fine except for 2.
damysteryman via PM to XFlak said:
cIOS250[58]-d2x-v6 and cIOS250[58]-v21 - Tested as working in MMM v13.4, but fails to load any games in CFG USB Loader v69.
The slot 249 versions of the above two work fine though... weird. Maybe it is a app issue or base IOS compatibility issue?
The only change to constructing these cIOSs since the last public release of ModMii (v4.5.7) is that all the cIOSs are patched to support the Korean common key. For some reason the base 58 cIOSs can load games off a usb-loader when installed to slot 249, but when installed to slot 250 it fails. My question is, was this always the case even when building these cIOSs using ModMii v4.5.7? My main concern for now is making sure I didn't break anything relative to v4.5.7 with the changes from my latest ModMii beta.

So if someone could test cIOS250[58]-d2x-v6 and cIOS250[58]-v21 built using ModMii v4.5.7 and confirm they behave the same as damysteryman's tests using the latest beta I would very much appreciate it. Thx!

Wiimm

Developer
Trophies
Website
wiimmfi.de
XP
Country
Germany
I don't know if this info is relevant:
One time v4.5.7 creates wrong d2x (any v5) wads and MMM find out this and reports an error message. Recrating them (cache cleaned before) with the same ModMii all runs good.

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
ModMii must have reported the WADs as invalid the first time right? Otherwise they would have worked the same as they did on your second try.
What error was MMM giving u, is it the same as Etheboss was having 1-3 pages back?

I think the only change that could possibly be screwing things up is signing the 00000000.app file, some ppl's windows configurations cannot do it for some reason... but I find it odd that clearing the cache would fix that problem, I'd expect only something like a windows update or reformat or new environmental variable would be able to fix this rare problem. That makes me wonder if u hadn't cleared your cache and just tried a second time if the wads would've been "valid"... who knows. Unfortunately if I can't replicate the problem, I can't determine what exactly is causing it. So if you figure out a way to replicate it, let me know and I'll look into it some more.... hmmmm, if u still have the invalid wads I might be able to figure out where the differences lie and what the problem really is.

Anyways, in the next modmii update there will be an option to disable hex editing the cIOS signature, so if users with this rare problem can't fix it (via windows update or w/e) then they can disable cIOS signing. The only drawback to doing this is that usb-loaders won't be able to detect what specific cIOS is installed, so it will be up to the user to remember what cIOSs are installed to whatever slots.

davebaol

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
XFlak said:
[...]
Anyways, in the next modmii update there will be an option to disable hex editing the cIOS signature, so if users with this rare problem can't fix it (via windows update or w/e) then they can disable cIOS signing. The only drawback to doing this is that usb-loaders won't be able to detect what specific cIOS is installed, so it will be up to the user to remember what cIOSs are installed to whatever slots.
It means that the default option "Block IOS Reload = AUTO" won't work with CFG and GX.

Wiimm

Developer
Trophies
Website
wiimmfi.de
XP
Country
Germany
Perhaps ModMii gave me a warning, I can't remember this, because I recognized this in the MMM stage. The only thing I know is that it failed (was a new installation of 4.5.7) in the first run and was ok in the second run.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Wiimm said:
Perhaps ModMii gave me a warning, I can't remember this, because I recognized this in the MMM stage. The only thing I know is that it failed (was a new installation of 4.5.7) in the first run and was ok in the second run.
That reminds me of something I have been meaning to suggest to XFlak.

@XFlak: I think you should change "# bad files" to red if anything failed. "Invalid" next to the file should also be in red. Example:
37dcc1eba3c3b6299706e0900ad4a874e7e84a7e3661a67c36c0d3b02c0c25126g.jpg

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
JoostinOnline said:
Wiimm said:
That reminds me of something I have been meaning to suggest to XFlak.

@XFlak: I think you should change "# bad files" to red if anything failed. "Invalid" next to the file should also be in red. Example:
37dcc1eba3c3b6299706e0900ad4a874e7e84a7e3661a67c36c0d3b02c0c25126g.jpg
Too much effort for this next update, I'll add it to the ModMii wish list though so u might see it in future updates. I'm planning on putting out one last major update before my life gets even busier with wedding plans finally coming to pass. So the next update will probably be the last one for awhile... but man oh man, I am sooo hyped up over it! I only have 1 more thing on my todo list for this update, then I'll probably get some volunteers to beta test it, then it'll be good to go!

xvolution

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thank you so much on creating such an easy hacking tool for the Wii. Ran it and almost everything worked no problem.

However, I did hit a temporary snag when trying to install the patched IOS236. At first, whenever I tried to run either the IOS236 Installer v5 MOD or Simple IOS Patcher, it would always fail, saying it couldn't read the WAD file. After running it a few times, I noticed what was wrong. It was trying to find the WAD in the root directory of the SD card, while the WAD it was trying to find was in the WAD folder. Moving the specific WAD to root fixed that problem.

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
xvolution said:
Thank you so much on creating such an easy hacking tool for the Wii. Ran it and almost everything worked no problem.

However, I did hit a temporary snag when trying to install the patched IOS236. At first, whenever I tried to run either the IOS236 Installer v5 MOD or Simple IOS Patcher, it would always fail, saying it couldn't read the WAD file. After running it a few times, I noticed what was wrong. It was trying to find the WAD in the root directory of the SD card, while the WAD it was trying to find was in the WAD folder. Moving the specific WAD to root fixed that problem.
If using the ModMii Wizard, ModMii will save IOS36v3351 to the root of the SD card, not the WAD folder. So most likely u downloaded IOS236 Installer and IOS36 from the download pages manually... meaning the fault wasn't ModMii's. Also, if u want files downloaded from the download pages and have wads saved to the root instead of the WAD folder, ModMii has a root save setting you can enable in the Options page.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
xvolution said:

If using the ModMii Wizard, ModMii will save IOS36v3351 to the root of the SD card, not the WAD folder. So most likely u downloaded IOS236 Installer and IOS36 from the download pages manually... meaning the fault wasn't ModMii's. Also, if u want files downloaded from the download pages and have wads saved to the root instead of the WAD folder, ModMii has a root save setting you can enable in the Options page.
Why does ModMii still patch v3351? The latest version is 3608. Since IOS36 isn't used by anything new (and that probably won't change), it's not a big deal. I just wonder if you have a reason for it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Now she knows a tenth percent of what I go through when you send me pms
    +3
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    My links could be wild life in nature or wild life in unnatural circumstances lol
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Your links are the Ukraine Russia war
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biden signed a income contract just so you can keep sending me the mutated things that you do
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That just look right with food coloring liquid running down it
    +1
    Muhahahaha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, Blue omelette
    +1
    Lol Ken will never eat an omelette again lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Actually ihops omlettes still hit haven't had one in forever
    The steak one is amazing
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Damn near $20 so fuck them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I second that, they are good. I always get the steak and add mushrooms to it also. But yea been awhile since had myself. I used to go there every morn for coffee and breakfast, meet with my work crew, but we all stop going, too expensive.
    +1
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I'm scarred for life.
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    See you guys, I'll get lost for another month. Maybe the rest of the year.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    See you tomorrow
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Peace. Take care, no more searching tonight. You gonna have nightmares.
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    See you tomorrow.
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    did she just vomit on the chat before leaving
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    why are girls doing this nowadays? is this some weird way of showing dominance?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, I put her outside though, then cleaned it up.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ah yes the unique power of girls vomiting on you
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Ah yes the unique power of girls vomiting on you