Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
JoostinOnline said:
XFlak said:
xvolution said:
Thank you so much on creating such an easy hacking tool for the Wii. Ran it and almost everything worked no problem.

However, I did hit a temporary snag when trying to install the patched IOS236. At first, whenever I tried to run either the IOS236 Installer v5 MOD or Simple IOS Patcher, it would always fail, saying it couldn't read the WAD file. After running it a few times, I noticed what was wrong. It was trying to find the WAD in the root directory of the SD card, while the WAD it was trying to find was in the WAD folder. Moving the specific WAD to root fixed that problem.
If using the ModMii Wizard, ModMii will save IOS36v3351 to the root of the SD card, not the WAD folder. So most likely u downloaded IOS236 Installer and IOS36 from the download pages manually... meaning the fault wasn't ModMii's. Also, if u want files downloaded from the download pages and have wads saved to the root instead of the WAD folder, ModMii has a root save setting you can enable in the Options page.
Why does ModMii still patch v3351? The latest version is 3608. Since IOS36 isn't used by anything new (and that probably won't change), it's not a big deal. I just wonder if you have a reason for it.
IOS236 Installer required IOS36v3351, so ModMii will DL it and save it to the root of the SD card. But when installing active IOSs IOS36v3608 is downloaded to the WAD folder to be installed during the install wads step (unless the option is disabled)

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
IOS236 Installer required IOS36v3351, so ModMii will DL it and save it to the root of the SD card. But when installing active IOSs IOS36v3608 is downloaded to the WAD folder to be installed during the install wads step (unless the option is disabled)
Weird, I thought it would install the latest version. Does ModMii download and patch IOS36v3608, or do you leave it unpatched?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
it leaves it unpatched, but there is an option to include or exclude IOS36 in the ModMii Wizard's active IOS downloads. It should only be disabled if the Wii already has a patched IOS36 and for some reason the user wants to leave it patched. See "36" in the (outdated) Options page below

29px8ox.jpg

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Calling all beta testers!
If you want to test a release candidate of ModMii v4.6.0, send me a request via PM. Be quick about it because once I get enough people testing it I won't be sharing it with anyone else.

@everyone who's already spoken to me about testing this,
I've just got to write a draft changelog then I'll be PM'ing everyone with the release candidate.
edit: PMs with changelog and download links sent

edit2: Just a teaser, but the ModMii v4.6.0 changelog is the longest single changelog since ModMii v4.1.0 which was released over a year ago!

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can't say anything negative about modmii, wish i could, just to make you work harder
tongue.gif
But can't do that. that would be below me. every thing went just like it should. now time for sleep. then cleaning out the wad folder. after of course i update everything. as always thank you, for this wonderful tool.
yaywii.gif

@ wiishizza, nice icon. although i would have went with the one with the blue arrow.
smileipb2.png

goodnight/good morning.

kllrwlf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AWESOME PROGRAM !!!

Installed it fast and easy.

The only thing I would add, is that you HAVE to delete the extra stages from Smash Bros, even if you never played the game.

I bought SSBB, and didn't think about deleting any custom stages, because I assumed that there wouldn't be any, since I didn't create any.

When I realized that the game already comes preloaded with custom stages, I just deleted them and moved forward.

After that, it went extremely smooth and got my USB drive recognized and loading.

Thanks again!

kllrwlf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeadlyFoez said:
kllrwlf said:
The only thing I would add, is that you HAVE to delete the extra stages from Smash Bros, even if you never played the game.
ModMii can't do anything about that besides advise you in the guide to delete them, which it does.

I meant to say, to have the guide advise you that there are custom levels even if you never played the game. When I think custom anything, I generally think it's something that I made and added. Didn't realize that there are preloaded custom stages.
yaypsp.gif

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Last call for beta testers. Any requests for beta's received after approximately 12 hours from now will not be replied to

so far brausm08 is putting everyone else to shame, lol. By that I mean he's doing very thorough testing and is the only person to find any bugs (other than the temp folder problem which was mentioned above).

A+ brausm08
biggrin.gif
Enjoy your night out drinking, u deserve it!
biggrin.gif

But in all seriousness, I appreciate the work all my testers do, even if they don't find any bugs. So thx to all of you guys, you know who you are!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, no more +1