Intimidator88

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok so just got my new monitor in yesterday to start using for xbox gaming for less input lag and better overall but now im wondering whats best way to hook it up? Right now i have it hooked up through HDMI from the 360 to the monitor but i have no sound unless i use my gaming headset (which i dont wanna use all the time) so i need to buy some speakers and the cables but im wondering whats the best way to hook these all up and get the best picture and have sound?

HDMI,VGA or DVI? My monitor has all these inputs so i just need some advice on which is best and what will i need? For VGA i got a guide for what i need does these apply to the other inputs as well?
  • speakers that have a 3.5mm jack
  • Xbox 360 VGA HD AV cable
  • RCA to 3.5mm adapter
  • 3.5mm to 3.5mm coupler

Quick Edit: Instead of buying speakers could i use my soundbar i have?

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I know I have just used the stock VGA cable you buy in stores. That said, I have it set up with a KVM switch so I can use the screen as an extra one for my laptop as well at the slick of a button.

Randamin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To reduce he amount of input lag you would want the xbox to output the same resolutiion as your monitor to prevent having to upscale the picture and introducing the input lag. I knoe that with the vga cable there is a wide range of resolutions to choose from as it is meant to connect to a monitor but with hdmi the xbox thinks it is connected to an hdtv and would only display 720p or 1080p but not the resolutions a pc monitor would have.

Intimidator88

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
To reduce he amount of input lag you would want the xbox to output the same resolutiion as your monitor to prevent having to upscale the picture and introducing the input lag. I knoe that with the vga cable there is a wide range of resolutions to choose from as it is meant to connect to a monitor but with hdmi the xbox thinks it is connected to an hdtv and would only display 720p or 1080p but not the resolutions a pc monitor would have.

But does hdmi look alot better?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: butt