is there a way to stream to a second monitor (TV)?

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello,

I was wondering if there was a way to stream my pc on another monitor (TV).
I tried using an HDMI wire, but there is a tremendous delay when using it.
As for Moonlight/Sunshine, I didn't find any option to create a second monitor entry. I can only stream what is on my main monitor.
Yea, I noticed there were much less delay with moonlight/sunshine than with hdmi.

If I need to buy something (I heard there were some "things" you could plug in HDMI/DP port just so that they recognize that something is plugged in), you can tell me what to buy and what to do after.
If there is a way to emulate a second monitor for free, even better.
I just need a way to stream on my tv while still using my pc's monitor for something else.
If someone know, please help me

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If your TV has it, you can turn on "Game Mode" setting. Helps with the latency/ delay.
Also you can go into your PC/ graphic card display setting and enable 2 screens (extended) instead of 1 (mirroring).

Reactions: AncientBoi

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
If your PC supports double monitors from one input, you shouldn't have any problems.

If you're referring more like streaming phone screen to TV (wirelessly) it really depends in your TV's capabilities and the OS you're running.

fringle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
When using HDMI on some modern TV's to reduce audio latency you should set the audio output on the TV to Linear PCM if it's not already. I had to do this on my TV otherwise there would be a nasty audio delay when using HDMI and setting my sound output device to the TV.

Reactions: BigOnYa

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Also you can go into your PC/ graphic card display setting and enable 2 screens (extended) instead of 1 (mirroring).
I couldn't find this option, can you tell me the path i should use to find it please?

If your TV has it, you can turn on "Game Mode" setting. Helps with the latency/ delay.
I already tried, but somehow, when I use it, I get lot of "unstable refresh"(?). It's like if the graphics won't get refreshed evenly
Like, I will clearly see that at some line of pixels, everything is off. It happens mostly when there is movement, no matter what the movement is (video game or just mere video on youtube)

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I couldn't find this option, can you tell me the path i should use to find it please?

I already tried, but somehow, when I use it, I get lot of "unstable refresh"(?). It's like if the graphics won't get refreshed evenly
Like, I will clearly see that at some line of pixels, everything is off. It happens mostly when there is movement, no matter what the movement is (video game or just mere video on youtube)
If you are using Windows, its in the display settings. Settings-Display-Multiple Displays. Or you can find in the graphics card setting.
2nd- Maybe the TV does not support the resolution. Can try adjusting the output settings to a lower resolution to see if helps.

Last edited by BigOnYa,

AncientBoi

THEE GAY WARLORD™ - Defender of GAY Rights
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use HDMI on my Non-Smart 36" HDTV [which is also hooked up to a 2nd 32" Non-Smart HDTV] now. But it also worked with YGB cables. As far as sound goes, I see/hear no problems :)

Last edited by AncientBoi,

AncientBoi

THEE GAY WARLORD™ - Defender of GAY Rights
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use Extended. Win key + P :)

Home view.jpg

Post automatically merged:

I use Extended. Win key + P :)

Home view.jpg

Fuq ! Seeing my meds in the pic, reminded me. lol BRB :rofl2:

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
I tried using an HDMI wire, but there is a tremendous delay when using it.

I'd expect a HDMI cable to be the least likely to cause lag.

What TV have you got? Is the firmware up to date? I know on my LG some settings were listed in 'advanced' settings.

Also, check the HDMI port if there are multiple ports, for example, only two on mine support 120Hz.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh forgot but sometimes need to plug in the HDMI cable from TV to PC, and turn on TV, before you start windows before it will reconize it. Then can change in settings, from mirrored, to extended. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...-windows-3d5c15dc-cc63-d850-aeb6-b41778147554
oh... now i understand. I though there was a way to extend without hdmi. So, there are no real way to stream my pc to my tv without mirroring (2nd monitor)?

I'd expect a HDMI cable to be the least likely to cause lag.

What TV have you got? Is the firmware up to date? I know on my LG some settings were listed in 'advanced' settings.

Also, check the HDMI port if there are multiple ports, for example, only two on mine support 120Hz.
it's a fire tv omni 4k link

Last edited by Noctosphere,

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello,
So, as i said, i experience lots of trouble when using an hdmi cable.

This kind of glitch happens at every movement in the screen (including video on youtube)
As for using a streaming service, i only found sunshine/moonlight. The one included in windows that would allow me to extend the screen doesnt work at all. I get an error message about it not supporting my device.
It says to connect a cable in order to stream. My device doesn't support Miracast.

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to hear, only thing else I can think of is look into your graphics card settings, lower the resolution, turn down quality settings, etc; or contact support for whatever brand your card is. Good luck!

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Alright, I finally found a way
My monitor has two ports, an hdmi one, and a DP one.
I plugged both in my GPU. Now I could extend to two monitor and stream one with SS/ML while keeping my main monitor^^

ok, now i have another problem xD
The audio, I can't find a way so that the audio on my tv comes out of my tv and the audio on my pc monitor comes out of my pc speaker...

Last edited by Noctosphere,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up