Best Site to buy R4i Gold?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by HELPMEPLEASEOMG, Feb 19, 2015.

1. HELPMEPLEASEOMG
    OP

HELPMEPLEASEOMG Member

Newcomer
    Jun 28, 2012
    United States
    I wanna buy an R4i Gold for my 3DS. It's 9.4 firmware. Whats the best site to buy the said object from? To me, pretty much all of these sites look sketchy.

Also, how easy is it to set up? And does it require a normal DS?
    Thanks.

2. justinefremlouw

justinefremlouw GBAtemp Regular

May 13, 2009
    United States
    Chi Town
    if you are in the US, modchipsdirect or wcrepairs will be the fastest option. Setup is super easy (download wood 1.64 firmware, extract the zip file to the microSD, place games in microSD).

3. HELPMEPLEASEOMG
    OP

HELPMEPLEASEOMG Member

Newcomer
    Jun 28, 2012
    United States
    Do either of those sites accept paypal? And if not, is a visa giftcard an option?

4. justinefremlouw

justinefremlouw GBAtemp Regular

May 13, 2009
    United States
    Chi Town
    no, you'd be lucky to find any site at all that accepts paypal when dealing with these kinds of products. Not sure about visa giftcard. You'd get better results if you look at their websites respectively or email them.

5. HELPMEPLEASEOMG
    OP

HELPMEPLEASEOMG Member

Newcomer
    Jun 28, 2012
    United States
    Alright bro. Thanks.

6. how_do_i_do_that

how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

May 16, 2008
    Antarctica
    You have insufficient posts to view location.
    Prepaid cards in the US that are capable of online international purchases are being phased out. The prepaid card remaining can only be used in the 50 states only. Making these only good for tourists visiting the US or US residents only.

The new EMV standard is suppose to take over in the US. All my prepaid card advice several years back on here will basically no longer apply in a more few years.

Once EMV standard becomes common, you just need a EMV prepaid Visa that is capable of international purchases and/or online purchases.

7. HELPMEPLEASEOMG
    OP

HELPMEPLEASEOMG Member

Newcomer
    Jun 28, 2012
    United States
    Guess I won't be seeing any EMV cards around here then since I live in the middle of nowhere. Will I still be able to use a prepaid visa card on modschipsdirect?

8. how_do_i_do_that

how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

May 16, 2008
    Antarctica
    You have insufficient posts to view location.
    If your prepaid visa doesn't support adding an address to the card, then your answer is no.

Your card may be only good on sites like amazon and in-person transactions only.

9. smasbros

smasbros GBAtemp Regular

Nov 15, 2014
    I ever used a r4i gold card bought from http://www.digimartz.com/ , worked fine but after the new3ds come out, I turn to get sky3ds to play 3ds games :lol:

10. 3DSGamerWorld.Com

3DSGamerWorld.Com Member

Newcomer
    Dec 31, 2014
    United States
    If you are local in USA, you can check at our store,
    USA local fast shipping.