Ssseth

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Anyone know a good place to order an Acekard 2.1? I was going to place an order at Deal Extreme, but I see they are sold out. Seems most places are triple the price or more!
frown.gif
Anyone know when DX should be getting more in stock?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

dewback

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Deal Extreme is very good at getting them back in stock quickly. Because so close to Xmas these sell out quick. I would guess that the should have them back in early next year.

Ssseth

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Yuck, I hate waiting.
wink.gif
I just found out there is a shiny new DS under the tree & I need a flashcart to go with it!
smile.gif

Anyone know any North American suppliers that have a reasonable price (or world wide if the price is right I suppose)? Maybe I could go with the Edge instead?...

Edit: Just noticed the DSTT for only $6 at DX, lol for that price it's tempting to try one. I pay more than that for a beer at a hockey game!
laugh.gif

Ssseth

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
dewback said:
If you hate waiting DX is the worst place to order from. Does take at less two weeks to ship for me
Ya sorry, I should have been more clear. I know that the shipping time is long, so to wait for the item to come in stock and then wait for the long shipping on top of that doesn't sound like too much fun.

Any other suggested retailers?

Ssseth

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Anyone have any other suggestions?

Quick question, Is it against forum rules to post this question in another forum? I would like to post it in just the general " NDS - Flashing Hardware and Software" one instead.

Ssseth

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
FYI, in case anyone was wondering. The best place I found besides DX was leetmod.com or kickgaming.com using pricematch option (to pricematch leetmod). kickgaming has some amazing reviews at resellerratings.com. 9.68/10 is one of the highest I've seen anyway.

Scythe89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Kick gaming is OK, I've ordered from them twice.

I got pissed off at them the second time, because there price matching policy is messed up.

When I tried to price match Dealextreme with them and this is how they calculated it:

(this was back when R4 was relevant, a year+ or so ago)

[ R4 price(Dx's price) + EMS shipping (which is debatable, because Dx's free shipping has tracking which would meet Kick Gaming's requirements) + Tax (provincial and federal... even though Dealextreme doesn't charge taxes) ] * 0.95 (5% discount) + Shipping (Kick Gaming's shipping) + Tax (again).

So basically I paid double tax and double shipping... though it was still cheaper then Kick Gaming's regular price
tongue.gif

They overcharged charged me more and I had to e-mail them to get it fixed... they payed me back most of the error, but I still payed a little more then I should of.

I guess that's the price you pay if you want it fast.

Ssseth

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Scythe89 said:

I got pissed off at them the second time, because there price matching policy is messed up.

When I tried to price match Dealextreme with them and this is how they calculated it:

[ R4 price(Dx's price) + EMS shipping (which is debatable, because Dx's free shipping has tracking which would meet Kick Gaming's requirements) + Tax (provincial and federal... even though Dealextreme doesn't charge taxes) ] * 0.95 (5% discount) + Shipping (Kick Gaming's shipping) + Tax (again).

So basically I paid double tax and double shipping... though it was still cheaper then Kick Gaming's regular price
tongue.gif

They overcharged charged me more and I had to e-mail them to get it fixed... they payed me back most of the error, but I still payed a little more then I should of.

They only price match North American and European companies now. I don't think anyone can beat DX and they must know it as well. DX is probably their supplier!
wink.gif

Details here:
http://www.kickgaming.com/lowest_price.php

QUOTE(NeSchn @ Dec 24 2008, 02:30 PM) If you can wait a couple weeks I can sell you one once Im done reviewing to for the AceKard Team.

Name your price.
I ended up finding one locally. Thanks for the offer though!

mrSmiles

Dundunduuuun
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ssseth said:
Scythe89 said:

tongue.gif

They only price match North American and European companies now. I don't think anyone can beat DX and they must know it as well. DX is probably their supplier!
wink.gif

Details here:
http://www.kickgaming.com/lowest_price.php

QUOTE(NeSchn @ Dec 24 2008, 02:30 PM) If you can wait a couple weeks I can sell you one once Im done reviewing to for the AceKard Team.

Name your price.
I ended up finding one locally. Thanks for the offer though!

province? and where did you find it?

C0mput3r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Try checking Craigslist I've seen a couple of people in Toronto Craigslist selling them but only downside their prices Suck.

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like DX just got some more Acekards in stock. If you're not in a huge hurry I suggest you order from them now before it's out of stock again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its very simple. Below the page, you will find an option to see the list of staff members.