Gaming Best Pick up and Play Games

franko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The recent release of PRISM - Light The Way, made my week, and reminded me of this thread I´ve been meaning to post.

I often find myself with 5 free minutes to play, and end up using 3 of them searching the supercard menu, deciding on a game, waiting of it to load and then looking at the game's logos. And after playing for 1 1/2 minutes I remember many games do not offer a save-anywhere feature, so many times I can't even save my 1 1/2 minute progress
laugh.gif

So I´m looking for games with save-anywhere or autosave, quick loading times, quick logo displays and skippable intros. The best games I found for my Pick-up and Play folder so far are:

* Prism - Light The Way
* Slitherlink (You can finish puzzles from the first groups in 5 min or less, later levels take 30 or more minutes but you can still get progress in 5)
* Pet Alien (Not a good game, but can be played for small periods of time, so I ended up finishing the main levels even if i didn't like it much)

Any other suggestions? Help Me GBAtemp, you're my only hope.
wink.gif

If this is interesting to other people, I will update this post with other people's suggestions like they do on the Essentials threads

Thanks!
EDIT: Here's the summary (up to my last post)

BEST PICK-UP AND PLAY GAMES

[OVER 2 VOTES]
ClubHouse Games/42 All Time Classics (6)
Picross (4)
Tetris DS (4)
Mario Vs. Donkey Kong 2: March of the Minis (3)
Phoenix Wright (3)

[2 VOTES]
Brain Age (2)
Brothers In Arms (2)
Cooking Mama (2)
Meteos / Disney Meteos (2)
Pet Alien (2)
WarioWare Touched (2)

[1 VOTE]
Drawn To Life
Electroplankton
Elite Beat Agents
Glory Days 2
Jam Sessions
Metroid Prime Pinball
Monster Puzzle
Namco Museum
Nanostray
New Super Mario Bros.
Osu! Tatakae! Oendan! 1 and 2
Pac-Pix
Planet Puzzle League
Pogo Island
Polarium
PRISM - Light The Way
Puzzle Quest
Puzzle Series Vol 5. Slither Link
Sonic Rush Adventure
Scrabble
Touchmaster
Trioncube

[HOMEBREW]
Mental Games
Powder
Puzzlemaniak
World Of Sand

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried Prism -- not my cup of tea. I do disagree with you, however -- I think Pet Alien is a great little game. I don't need games to be uber tough to enjoy them. There's a time and place (and mood) for everything.

Another good pick up & play game? March of the Minis. Perfect for short gaming stints. Also Bros. In Arms. The checkpoint system in that game really was optimized perfectly for the DS. You could stop mid-mission and come back pretty much right where you left off.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
Trioncube
smile.gif

Meteos
Monster Puzzle

Not exactly "save anywhere" but the levels are short and it will autosave in between. And I think Castlevania has a "pause and turn off DS" sleep mode.

IAmTheRad

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I beat NSMB in 10 mins. But that's mostly if you know where every secret exit is. It doesn't take too long to finish a castle/fortress so you can save, however.

Tetris DS is a good quick play game. It CAN take a while, but the puzzle mode is just thinking about what pieces to use.

Warioware Touched is a pick up and play game. Just do a stage. Shouldn't take too long (in fact, it's MADE to go quickly)

In the same vein is cooking mama.

moozxy

hamboning
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Tetris DS is a good quick play game. It CAN take a while, but the puzzle mode is just thinking about what pieces to use.

Warioware Touched is a pick up and play game. Just do a stage. Shouldn't take too long (in fact, it's MADE to go quickly)

In the same vein is cooking mama.

Play Tetris DS against the computer, good training for Wifi battles.

WarioWare reminded me of Project Rub.
Cooking Mama reminded me of Trauma Centre (although the talking scenes in between the operations take a while.. and the operation might take awhile also depending on which level your on)

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
i reckon you could finish a nsmb level in a few minutes

it dosn't have a "save anywhere" feature, you have to complete the game first.

i find i am playing planet puzzle league in short bursts, sonic rush adventure also has a "save anywhere" feature outside game levels though, i hate games where you can't save when you want to.

Play Tetris DS against the computer, good training for Wifi battles.

definitely not, i find that the single player is way too easy, then when you go online you get ripped to peices by the japanese, they are far too hardcore!

QUOTE(IAmTheRad @ Sep 24 2007, 06:43 PM)I beat NSMB in 10 mins. But that's mostly if you know where every secret exit is.

video proof, or it never happened!

franko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Great suggestions, not many repeats so far, but I´m still editing the top post to summarize. I will group by votes received, so feel free to repeat games mentioned by someone else, just don't suggest the same game twice.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah been there had that no fun