Hacking Best NDS flashcart for 3DS?

Imaynotbehere4long

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As you can tell by the fact that I couldn't figure out how to post this in the "Ask!" section of the site, I'm new here. Basically, I want to be able to play fan-translations like 7th Dragon and Heroes of Light and Shadow on real hardware (specifically on my Old 3DS XL since my NDS's battery is shot), but I can't find good information on NDS flashcart compatibility with 3DS or 3DS flashcart compatibility with NDS ROMs.

In other words, I want a flashcart that:
- is compatible with all NDS ROMs (don't care about 3DS ROMs), including patched ones.
- has a decent amount of storage space.
- works on current versions of the 3DS (no need to downgrade) and won't have any adverse effects.

...am I asking too much? Does such a flashcart even exist?

Imaynotbehere4long

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bumping because I have a new but related question:

A few minutes ago, the 3DS had a firmware update that said something like "unauthorized devices used with the 3DS will render the system unplayable." I remember reading that R4i Gold needed updates in the past to keep working, so would this mean that I'd have to wait for an update or risk my system being bricked? If so, about how long does it take the R4i team/person to release updates?

Barawer

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Bumping because I have a new but related question:

A few minutes ago, the 3DS had a firmware update that said something like "unauthorized devices used with the 3DS will render the system unplayable." I remember reading that R4i Gold needed updates in the past to keep working, so would this mean that I'd have to wait for an update or risk my system being bricked? If so, about how long does it take the R4i team/person to release updates?
Last time anything related to DS flashcarts was updated, was in version 6 or something like that. It should work fine.

clancy94

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
My old DSTT works like a charm but only with CFW :( R4i Gold as above seems the way to go or Sky3DS if you're interested in .3ds roms aswell.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.