Best NDS flashcart for 3DS?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Imaynotbehere4long, Aug 24, 2016.

1. Imaynotbehere4long
    OP

Imaynotbehere4long Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 24, 2016
    United States
    As you can tell by the fact that I couldn't figure out how to post this in the "Ask!" section of the site, I'm new here. Basically, I want to be able to play fan-translations like 7th Dragon and Heroes of Light and Shadow on real hardware (specifically on my Old 3DS XL since my NDS's battery is shot), but I can't find good information on NDS flashcart compatibility with 3DS or 3DS flashcart compatibility with NDS ROMs.

In other words, I want a flashcart that:
    - is compatible with all NDS ROMs (don't care about 3DS ROMs), including patched ones.
    - has a decent amount of storage space.
    - works on current versions of the 3DS (no need to downgrade) and won't have any adverse effects.

...am I asking too much? Does such a flashcart even exist?

2. ifrit05

ifrit05 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    olec04 likes this.
  3. fikatr

fikatr GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 29, 2016
    Turkey
    next to smea
    dont buy r4i most of them are fake and have a time bomb just buy dstt

4. ifrit05

ifrit05 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    All the ones I get from nds-card are genuine.

5. Imaynotbehere4long
    OP

Imaynotbehere4long Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 24, 2016
    United States
    Bumping because I have a new but related question:

A few minutes ago, the 3DS had a firmware update that said something like "unauthorized devices used with the 3DS will render the system unplayable." I remember reading that R4i Gold needed updates in the past to keep working, so would this mean that I'd have to wait for an update or risk my system being bricked? If so, about how long does it take the R4i team/person to release updates?

6. einhuman197

einhuman197 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 17, 2015
    Germany
    Inside your bootloader (´◉◞౪◟◉)
    The best card you can get is the supercard dstwo. The cheapest is the r4i gold 3ds which is good to (the r4ids.cn version with wood)

7. Barawer

Barawer GBAtemp Regular

Jan 3, 2016
    Iceland
    Last time anything related to DS flashcarts was updated, was in version 6 or something like that. It should work fine.

8. clancy94

clancy94 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 18, 2008
    My old DSTT works like a charm but only with CFW :( R4i Gold as above seems the way to go or Sky3DS if you're interested in .3ds roms aswell.

9. koffieleut

koffieleut GBAtemp Fan

Jan 22, 2009
    Netherlands
    probably at home
    It depents, if you are on an a9lh I recommend the dstt with a forwarder (it is cheap and reliable). If you are on original firmware then I can't give you any advise :P