Hacking Best micro sdhc for Supercard dstwo? Sandisk Mobile Ultra help.

sallyanngilbert

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I am reading a lot of mixed reviews regarding the "best" micro sdhc for use in flash carts (specifically Supercard dstwo). I know there are multiple posts for this, but have a specific item question I can't seem to find elsewhere.

Basically, I already know the Kingston Japan is the best, due to it's random access memory speed, and has less chance of lagging with games such as Castlevania. I can only manage to locate a 2GB, so I will buy this solely for games I find are lagging.

However, I also wish to buy a 16GB memory card for the majority of my games. According to this site:

http://www.tomshardw...mance,3011.html

the performance of the SanDisk Mobile Ultra is excellent (although I think that they are now classified as "Class 6"). However, I can't seem to find any useful information on this card other than it is "perfect for mobile devices". Does anyone know if this card will work with a flash cart (supercard dstwo) or is it mobile phone/tablet specific? If it does work, would the performance be the same?

If there are any other suggestions on 16gb micro sdhc and/or links to reputable dealers (genuine brands only) I would be happy to hear. I hear that class 4 Sandisks speeds are great, although for other brands I would probably prefer a class 6/10.

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any microsd card will work, I've never heard of a MicroSD only working with a specific phone. That said, there are a lot of good brands out there, just remember that Class isn't everything when it comes to SD cards.

As for reputable dealers, I myself shop at Amazon, but Newegg or any local store should be fine as well.

sallyanngilbert

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah I was thinking the same thing...even though it is designed for mobile phone usage, I figured it should be fine in the supercard or a camera or any other microsd device.

I have heard Amazon is a bit hit and miss like eBay. Even though it is Amazon, there are still some sellers of fake items. As for Newegg, I would definitely shop there but they don't offer international postage.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    no, I'm asking which one of them you are using
  • crafthp434 @ crafthp434:
    aroma
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    in that case, there is no such thing as homebrew launcher for aroma
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    you have to launch your homebrews directly from the wii u menu
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    there is a plugin that display them on the wii u menu, pretty sure it is enabled by default
    so like it doesnt exist
    yeah
    ?
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    it doesn't exist, at least not for aroma
    ohhhhh
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    on tiramisu you can access it by opening mii maker
    okay
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I don't have a wii u anymore to test it myself, but if homebrews are not visible on the wii u menu I think you can press L + R + minus to open the plugin menu, there should be an option called "homebrews on wii u menu" or something similar
    nope
    it is L+dpad down+ select
    but homebrew is appearing in the home menu btw
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    yes, now I remember it
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    then it is working, I also don't like that they did this but it is the only option you have if you are using aroma
    i just didint know the homebrew launcher didint exist in aroma
    thanks btw
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Im downloading fallout 3 goty edition
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm downloading more ram for my hamster pc
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    New hamster PC, with anal operation and BT connectivity!
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, How do I make enemies respawn on gdevelop after
    the player dies?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Carrying a PC or phone is so old school!
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Carrying a PC or phone is so old school!