Hacking Best flashcars apart from DS2?

felystar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi I wanna buy a flashcard but I don't know which one is the best apart from DStwo. I've read about R4i Gold 3DS but there are some flashcards with this name so I would like to ask you for some pictures of that flashcard, the exact name and a shop to buy it for Spain. Thanks.

clauspatrick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
r4i gold 3ds is the second best card at prent, it uses famous wood firmware,with a quicker firmware updating as well as friendly GUI. Very easy to use and the official site is r4ids.cn

Shadow_Boss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have the r4i gold, its a good card, but the company is whack. They don't really provide any support for their models even though they say they do. Example, I can't update to latest 3DS Firmware because these guys aren't releasing an update that actually works on the old revision C cards. So in other words buy at your own risk

felystar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well I suppose that websites will sell the latest revision right?

EDIT: Which one is better, R4i Gold 3DS RTS from r4ids.cn or R4i-SDHC 3DS RTS (r4i-sdhc.com)?

felystar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well cuz it is so expensive. I mean which one is better as the Rai Gold 3DS has some different revisions (9,A,C...) and I could accidentally buy one that doesn't work...

Shadow_Boss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
the problem with R4i Gold which i have, from r4ids.cn, is they do not provide support for the cards they release, you pretty much gotta buy new cards each time, well I don't know about the most recent card but anything from the "Halo" picture down is pretty bs and it doesn't update, so like me you'll end up kind of stuck unable to update 3ds and accesss the store etc.

The DSTWO isn't that expensive, and its been pretty reliable so far. Its worth it and i'll be switching to it very soon.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
the problem with R4i Gold which i have, from r4ids.cn, is they do not provide support for the cards they release, you pretty much gotta buy new cards each time
No, there have actually only been two cutoff points. My oldest-model (6) I had for the review is in the older group that got updated through 3DS 4.3.x, and then there was the revision C faulty batch.

If the shop you bought from sold you old stock, they should have sold you new, and if you got a faulty C, you should try to get it replaced.
http://gbatemp.net/threads/we-repla...hcard-for-last-4-5-3ds-compatible-one.342080/

ElYubiYubi

GBATemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
R4i-SDHC 3DS RTS (r4i-sdhc.com)

By Far. They are the ones that did the 3DS Save Dongle and gave it away for everyone. A lot of people here got one.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
R4i-SDHC 3DS RTS (r4i-sdhc.com)

By Far. They are the ones that did the 3DS Save Dongle and gave it away for everyone. A lot of people here got one.
Different good actions by the team does not mean their flash cart is good.

In fact that team specifically is known for putting out new hardware revisions instead of updating, something that makes them a bad cart, which is why they're not in the recommended list.

Shadow_Boss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No, there have actually only been two cutoff points. My oldest-model (6) I had for the review is in the older group that got updated through 3DS 4.3.x, and then there was the revision C faulty batch.

If the shop you bought from sold you old stock, they should have sold you new, and if you got a faulty C, you should try to get it replaced.
http://gbatemp.net/threads/we-repla...hcard-for-last-4-5-3ds-compatible-one.342080/

They didn't sell me old stock, it was the latest at the time, according to the r4ids website with the pictures and stuff at the time the one i received was the latest, and with all their updates kept saying revision C cards can be updated, I already knew the Metroid batch was no good but I wasn't on that, I'm on the batch with the "Halo and wings" Dorasu and was repeatedly told by them that it is update-able, and now when they respond to email says "thank you for your patience we are working on it" lol but I'm sure they're not.

In anycase, I've found that the DSTWO is a lot better and I'll be switching over to it,

don't get me wrong, I'm completely satisfied with the 3DS Gold r4i product like it does what its suppose to and I've never had issues with it aside from the update.

marksteele

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
the DSTWO in terms of software is by far superior to any cart, however in terms of build quality it fails utterly and tends to freeze (I'm assuming due to the cart coming loose) approx every few hours forcing you to re-insert it. Before you say it, yes putting a piece of paper of cardboard in with the cart helps, but the fact of that matter is I shouldn't need to do this if the build quality wasn't so shoddy.

Anyway as for a decent card, for a year or so(sadly it stopped working today) I've been using the cart from r4ids.com. Fairly frequent updates (generally within a week) and there's the added benefit of having it's own separate flash utility so you don't have to worry about updating by mistake (why don't other carts have this anyway?) Plus is like 5 times cheaper than the DSTWO.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: S3X