Gaming Best casual PSP titles?

Meteor7

Guess where this thumb goes.
Trophies
a fit of spasms and accidental black magic
XP
Country
United States
Casual, huh...? How about Mega Man Powered Up? I liked this game quite a lot. It's a remake (complete) of the first Mega Man NES game and it single-handedly fixed every single issue I had with the 2-D Mega Man games; I highly recommend it if you haven't played it.

You've likely already heard about Loco-Roco and Patapon, but I figured I'd mention them anyway. Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier is pretty casual, if you're into that kind of game. Sorry, I'm not much into the casual scene.

Selim873

Nunnayobeesnes
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Loco Roco is a great pick! There's a legal EBOOT of the demo somewhere if you've never played it. I've never owned the game myself, I just remember being in 7th grade and playing the demo over and over. lol

Vipera

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The thing with Patapon, or any rhythm game, is that I can never play it outside because I have to focus entirely on the game. It's something I dislike doing while on a bus or the subway.

I'd rather skip Loco Roco. I'll try Megaman out. Anything else?

Don't make me buy Angry Birds on the 3ds :(

zeello

The reason we can't have nice things.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay I'm going to revise my answers on the presupposition that 1) the games are for you, 2) the games must be suitable for playing on the go, and 3) no rhythm games (although obviously rhythm games aren't good when there are distractions, or if you can't hear the game)

Mega Man Powered Up is a good game, and casual friendly, but not sure quite how ideal it is for on the go. May be worth a try just in case.

other games that may fit the criteria:
- Sonic Rivals
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest (damn it, I liked this game. stop laughing!)
- Fat Princess Fistful of Cake (one of the best PSP games imo)
- Pixeljunk Monsters Deluxe (very difficult game, but seems perfectly suitable for on-the-go)
- Pac Man Championship Edition (unfortunately it's very short)
- Medal of Honor: Heroes (It has a skirmish mode, which is great for quick pick and play sessions. You can even set how long the round lasts)

Meteor7

Guess where this thumb goes.
Trophies
a fit of spasms and accidental black magic
XP
Country
United States
You know, Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops plus is a great pick-up-and-play game. It's not casual, but the format of the game makes it very easy to pick up and put down whenever. You essentially play as Snake (and pals, if you have a MGS: Portable Ops save file on your system) and you proceed through generated stages with some random elements trying to recruit new members to play as, or to assign to different development teams, as well as pick up various weapons, items, and books which will permanently boost the stats of a soldier. It's a great game you can easily sink a hundred hours into, or at least, I sure did.

Hargrun

Support the arts! (The games, silly.)
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Crystal Defenders
Dariusburst
EDGE
Lumines
Lumines II
No Heroes Allowed! (Dungeon-A-Day~)
OutRun 2006: Coast 2 Coast
PQ2
Salamander Portable (Xexex <3)
Space Invaders Extreme
Sudoku
Tetris

I see no one cited Lumines... You guys... Are embarrassing me.

zeello

The reason we can't have nice things.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Didn't really care for the Lumines games. I would probably have mentioned it anyway since it's casual, but he said no music games. If you don't play with sound (or at loud volume) then a lot of the appeal is lost imo. But then again I didn't care much for the gameplay itself.

And that is why I didn't mention Lumines, now I demand an apology. :P

Hargrun

Support the arts! (The games, silly.)
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Didn't really care for the Lumines games. I would probably have mentioned it anyway since it's casual, but he said no music games. If you don't play with sound (or at loud volume) then a lot of the appeal is lost imo. But then again I didn't care much for the gameplay itself.

And that is why I didn't mention Lumines, now I demand an apology. :P
Lumines contains some terrible musics, and you know what I do? Mute.

In short, you don't need to listen the music in order to succeed. Lumines requires no rhythm to play. Actually, it's a PUZZLE game with some nice musics in the background.

Your apology request was denied.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess some casual games are like maybe compilation games? You can play retro city rampage, is a great casual game i highly recommend. :)

Is available on psn for free for anyone who already owns retro city rampage DX which is great. Is a $10 game with cross play and cross buy ($10 for PS4 PS3 PSvita and PSP) If anyone has bought this game simply check the Download history of purchased games on PS3 or PS4 and download the game, then transfer it to your psp system. Is one casual game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Samsung SD format can sometimes fix them too
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    yes looks like an faulty sd
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    @Psionic Roshambo i may try that with my dead sd cards
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It's always worth a shot
    @The Real Jdbye, I considered that, but i'll have to wait until i can get the eu version in the mail lol
  • I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu:
    i need help with nusspli failed downloads, can someone respond to my thread? pretty please:wub:
    I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu: i need help with nusspli failed downloads, can someone respond to my thread? pretty please:wub: