OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Nice to meet you PSP freaks!

Im new here :)

i just found a brand new lilac purple PSP 3004 ( never used ) in a pawn shop near my city where i live ( Amsterdam The Netherlands )

Does anyone know wich emulators are the best for a PSP 3004 ?
I prefer only the best emulators ( no lags, no sounds problems , no glitches )

Wich one do you guys recommend?

Kind Regards,
Scatman John

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
"no lags, no sound problems, no glitches"
Good luck with that on handhelds outside of FPGA clones and true clones.
It is a matter of degree though. Sound problems rarely get to gamebreaking levels, however if you are a golden ear type that can spot too slow decays or something along those lines and have been playing on bsnes/higan for years then you might find SNES emulators sub par. On the flip side you can play most of the library, special chip games largely included, just fine.
Similarly most emulators were 90s C emulators tweaked to run on the PSP and are much as you might expect from that (PC emulators of the time of the PSP going far more down the high resources, high accuracy path as well as dynamic recompilation) rather than being built from the ground up.
http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/emulators-for-psp-1158256.html is fairly complete and a reasonable jumping off point.

To that end the PSP experience tends to be most mainstream things up to the 16 bit era work more than well enough to play them and be able to seriously discuss the library or shift to the real thing (controllers aside) quite easily, and also the PS1 (more on the injection side of things than homebrew emulators, though homebrew injection and fiddling does well) plus the actually surprisingly solid commercial library. Homebrew that is not emulators or ports of things you might expect to see on https://osgameclones.com/ is not as shiny as we saw on the GBA and DS but has a few interesting things; wagic (a magic the gathering... call it engine) being far more advanced on the PSP than the DS equivalent, and I will note many of the ports of things that got source releases (Doom, Quake, Duke3d...) are actually pretty solid compared to their DS contemporaries which were far more involved and in terms of mods limited porting efforts. http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/psp-homebrew-games.php for a start of a list there, https://www.gamebrew.org/wiki/Category:PSP_Homebrews having a lot as well.
No PC emulation particularly worth speaking of (don't imagine 486 or contemporary to the PS1 dosbox, yes technically windows 95 boots but it is not a game playing machine) and if your requirements are those listed it would be a stretch to say look at the N64 (fantastic effort, buy the coders a beer if I ever meet them sort of thing, but not a player's thing for most games). I did less of the arcade side of things so can't say much there, and the Japanese non sega-nintendo consoles languished a bit compared to some of the efforts put into the SNES and megadrive/genesis.

Also regarding never used. It has been long enough now that I might be concerned with the battery if it has sat on the shelf discharging for all this time.

Reactions: Ryccardo and Payne

ScatmanJohn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thank you so much FAST6191 !

Yes i orderd a new battery from germany called Cellonic,
since the original battery would charge but lose its power VERY fast.

I am kinda a perfection geek, so i think ill stick with original UMD games for the perfect game experiance for this old handheld machine.

Lets say i just use the ps1 emulator for it and forget all other emulators, will i be good with that?
( in a perfect kind of sence )

Btw ive noticed that CPS1 and CPS2 emulator works perfect on PSP, the only part that sucks is the Coin insert part... and no save ( yeah i know because its an arcade )

Would love your opinion on this !

Much Respect,

Scatman John

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Lets say i just use the ps1 emulator for it and forget all other emulators, will i be good with that?
( in a perfect kind of sence )
It's not perfect (controller wise at the least, and there are some titles that don't work with the plain launch-day controller which is what the PSP virtualizer emulates) but generally yes, it has a good reputation (especially now that we have a new and improved converter, although it's more important for the PS3 than for the PSP where PSX2PSP and the CDDA Enabler plugin were already good and practical enough)

A Vita is a genuine step-up if you're particularly interested in a portable PS1, though (but no external display without kludges, and a step down for PSP titles...)

ScatmanJohn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i need to mod my psp 3004 with custom firmware first... im kinda a newbie XD
can someone help me mod my psp with the newest and best custom firmware for model 3004?

Thanks in advance ^^
Post automatically merged:

Great i updated to 6.61 and then updated the custom firmware,
i have 6.61 PRO-C now. ( i hope that is the newest version ) lol!

hmmm now i need to learn how i can put newest emulators on it ...xD
Post automatically merged:

i am having a hard time finding official ps1 eboots... every time i run one... it crashed....

Last edited by ScatmanJohn,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch