Country
United States
jalaneme said:
Joe88 said:
Ace Talman said:
Hrmm I'm perplexed,

I can get either;

-Sandisk MS Pro Duo 4GB (cheaper) 15Mb/s transfer
-Sandisk MS Pro Duo 4GB Ultra II (more expensive) Write/Read performance: 9MB/sec, 10MB/sec

To me the latter seems faster/better than the second option am I wrong?
-Sandisk MS Pro Duo 4GB Gamer Edition

http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-SDMSG-4096-A...503&sr=8-46

there is no diffrence in read or write speeds with the sandisk gaming and normal version.
someone in the PSP scene benchmarked them way back,
they tested every memory stick
and the 1GB gamer edition was slighty faster then the 2 other sticks from from

and it looks way cooler too
smile.gif

though right now my 4GB is a regular one, I can feel its slightly slower then my 1GB, during games like GoW, there is a little lag unless your turn up the cpu to 333mhz

Giangsta

Trophies
XP
Country
i got a fake 4gb sony card and i pumped the cpu to 333mhz and the games run fine but i think it drains a bit more battery?

Although i have a problem if i play GOW compressed then it lags pretty bad.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Giangsta said:
i got a fake 4gb sony card and i pumped the cpu to 333mhz and the games run fine but i think it drains a bit more battery?

anytime when you turn it to 333mhz the battery will drain a lot quicker
that was the intent when they downclocked it back to 222mhz to save battery life

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Joe88 said:
someone in the PSP scene benchmarked them way back,
they tested every memory stick
and the 1GB gamer edition was slighty faster then the 2 other sticks from from

smile.gif

though right now my 4GB is a regular one, I can feel its slightly slower then my 1GB, during games like GoW, there is a little lag unless your turn up the cpu to 333mhz

well when i asked if there was any diffrence between a normal sandisk and a gaming one i was told there is none and the only diffrence is the apperance.

IBNobody said:
I'm not sure why updating firmware could corrupt saves, unless you scrambled your stick and didn't keep a backup.

Did you back up your stick?

Also, the fatmsmod patch is very easy to install. There's no reason NOT to use it on 3.90.

yes i backed all my gamesaves up but it made no difference all my gamesaves wouldn't load after i updated my CFW i had to download the gamesaves off gamefaqs as i didn't want to start again, i had to complete monster hunter portable 2 like 3 or so times because it kept on messing with my gamesave every time i upgraded.

QUOTE(Giangsta @ Apr 22 2008, 10:52 AM)

i have a fake sony 4gb aswell and i've never had to mess with the mhz since i've had the psp, why do some people mess with it anyway?

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
^ Because PSP depends on CPU for everything. Higher clock means better performance.
Most games don't need 333MHz to run smoothly, there are some games that suffer at 222MHz, especially graphically demanding games (Not only limited to GoW and FF7CC)

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
deathfisaro said:
^ Because PSP depends on CPU for everything. Higher clock means better performance.
Most games don't need 333MHz to run smoothly, there are some games that suffer at 222MHz, especially graphically demanding games (Not only limited to GoW and FF7CC)

maybe because i have a slim that's why i don't notice any difference, even when i played god of war and crisis core, the slims have extra ram so.

myuusmeow

Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Joe88 said:
smile.gif

God of War: Chains of Olympus already runs at 333MHz.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
myuusmeow said:
Joe88 said:
smile.gif

God of War: Chains of Olympus already runs at 333MHz.
you have to set the PSP manually to that
I dont have the UMD ...

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
i just brought a sandisk 8gb memory stick pro duo from www.lowpricememory.co.uk, they are GENUINE sellers of sandisk and don't sell fakes, anyone considering getting a new memory stick pro duo check this website out, their prices are the cheapest on the net, i paid £48.45 including special next day delivery (£2.95 for 1st class delivery) for my 8gb sandisk, most places sell the sandisk 8gb for about £60+ WITHOUT delivery so i thought it was a good price.

Godot0102

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My 8gb sandisk microsd works in my psp. I was surprised. Soon i'll order a 8gb a-data one. Are 16gb microsds out? I seen some online shop carry them but were sold out.

I only own lexar high speed II cards , the only game i lag on is xyanide. I think even when overclocked it still lags a bit.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
thebobevil said:
memorycardzoo.co.uk is cheaper than that, also ...

nope, the sandisk on their website is £47.95 (ncludes free 2nd class delivery but slow) low priced memory UK is £41.95 (without delivery) if you add special delivery to both prices. memory card zoo costs £54.94! while low priced memory costs £48.45 with included special delivery, i made a saving of £6.49 using low priced memory's website.

QUOTE(Joe88 @ Apr 24 2008, 03:06 AM) thats about $95

you can get them here for $70-80 (£35-40)

i don't live in america so i can't take advantage of the benefits, in fact i know of no american websites that sell memory stick pro duos 8gb and ship to the UK, i've looked, trust.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
IBNobody said:
Joe88 said:
Lexar are the worst psp memory sticks to buy

Prove it.

lol

QUOTE(Joe88 @ Apr 25 2008, 05:01 AM)
http://www.amazon.co.uk/SanDisk-SDMSPD-819...5921&sr=8-3

£43.77
free shipping
and card is real
amazon sells it directly from them

with the way my postman keeps "loosing" stuff there is no way i was going to use 1st class or even "free" delivery, that's why i choose special delivery instead, amazon's super save delivery is major slow anyway, on top of that when i was looking for a new memory stick on that website it was out of stock and i didn't want to take the risk using the marketplace which was the only option at the time.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IBNobody said:
Joe88 said:
Lexar are the worst psp memory sticks to buy

Prove it.

most homebrew fails to boot from lexar sticks
iso's also suffer the same fate and most of the time just lagging
prx's dont work either, according to everybody that has bought one anyway

jalaneme said:
QUOTE(Joe88 @ Apr 25 2008, 05:01 AM)
http://www.amazon.co.uk/SanDisk-SDMSPD-819...5921&sr=8-3

£43.77
free shipping
and card is real
amazon sells it directly from them

with the way my postman keeps "loosing" stuff there is no way i was going to use 1st class or even "free" delivery, that's why i choose special delivery instead, amazon's super save delivery is major slow anyway, on top of that when i was looking for a new memory stick on that website it was out of stock and i didn't want to take the risk using the marketplace which was the only option at the time.
well it takes 1 week for free shipping which aint bad considering it still beat out some of the other stuff that I paid shipping for there.
my ds and memory card as well a bunch of other stuff I got free shipping for

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Well those are not Lexar's fault, because by "Sony Memory Stick Pro Duo format", it doesn't specify that every memory stick of that format has to comply with custom firmware and homebrew.
Probably Lexar designed their stick based on use with official firmware PSP and Sony cameras. Lexar is a solid memory stick maker, and from Sony's perspective their memory sticks are better than good enough.

And ^ no point convincing her that she overpayed for shipping, you can't refund shipping =P
"Hey lowpricememory, I overpayed for shipping so I'm gonna send my shipping back to you and you send replace it with free shipping."

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
deathfisaro said:
Well those are not Lexar's fault, because by "Sony Memory Stick Pro Duo format", it doesn't specify that every memory stick of that format has to comply with custom firmware and homebrew.
Probably Lexar designed their stick based on use with official firmware PSP and Sony cameras. Lexar is a solid memory stick maker, and from Sony's perspective their memory sticks are better than good enough.

And ^ no point convincing her that she overpayed for shipping, you can't refund shipping =P
"Hey lowpricememory, I overpayed for shipping so I'm gonna send my shipping back to you and you send replace it with free shipping."
well the fact is that that both the sandisk and sony sticks work fine with CFW and all parts of it so wouldnt you want that instead of buying a stick that doesnt work with it?

and yea I know I was just saying about my experience with free shipping wasnt bad at all
so maybe in the future to consider it when shopping there d:
I saved like $30 on shipping only to get things about 2-3 days later then I would have

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ubisoft should #stopkillinggames ngl
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    sony should #stopkillinggames
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    they killed LittleBigPlanet online, which was the main core of every LBP game
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    for real
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    at least with them, it was because of the DDOS attacks, ubisoft was just scummy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?