Gaming best and fake sony memory stick

doom5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Joe88: You don't have a clue what you're talking about. As shown by the link I posted, Lexar cards are the FASTEST cards you can buy.

The issue with loading plug-ins was a bug by Dark_Alex by not checking to see if the memory card was initialized and the file system mounted before attempting to load plug-ins. This bug also affected OFFICIAL Sony 8GB memory sticks. He released a fix for this, and later incorporated into 3.90M33-2.

If you're going to speak out of your ass, without any facts, don't even bother talking.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
doom5 said:
Joe88: You don't have a clue what you're talking about. As shown by the link I posted, Lexar cards are the FASTEST cards you can buy.

The issue with loading plug-ins was a bug by Dark_Alex by not checking to see if the memory card was initialized and the file system mounted before attempting to load plug-ins. This bug also affected OFFICIAL Sony 8GB memory sticks. He released a fix for this, and later incorporated into 3.90M33-2.

If you're going to speak out of your ass, without any facts, don't even bother talking.
your a n00b #1
ive been in the psp hacking scene ever since 1.50 was hacked and KXploit was released
were 2 memory sticks were needed to boot homebrew

#2 I moderate a psp hacking fourm
www.psp-hacks.com
have logged in over 20k posts and I think I know what im talking about
Ive been following this stuff for years

what did you just get a PSP slim and put custom firmware on it and pretend your an expert in the manner?

your need to learn that lexar sticks are horid for any hacked PSP
I wouldn't even recommend lexar for normal PSP's
all I ever hear is much crud they are, and frankly lexar isnt well know as sandisk or the sony one's (well maybe there better known in the camera business but in the gaming, not good at all)

and how do you know lexar sticks are the fatest
I think your the one spewing crap for your mouth without having facts to back it up
and using homebrew to benchmark memory sticks speeds... are you serious? you know how inaccurate that could be and the fact that people can just edit the value to what ever they like since its just a fourm after all
I want to see actual facts not a random fourm thread

from what I just researched sandisk RapidGX are the fastest cards avaible, all you have to do is type in fastest memory stick pro duo and nothing but sandisk ultra II, extreme III, sony ,
lexar is no where in sight even after going through a few pages, nothing

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If I wasn't tired, I'd take a picture of my 2gb Sony pro duo memory stick I bought from ebay last year. Within a month a small part of the plastic snapped off so it had to be superglued together. As the months went on, the writing faded away very badly. At that point, I figured, "forget this" and bought a 4gb pro duo from a high street retail shop in Hong Kong.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yea
ebay and amazon market place are full of nothing but fakes
the sony one are the most bootlegged one's on there for some reason or another

doom5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Joe88: If you'd bother to read the thread, you'd read the threads I linked to. Also, the fact that you're a mod at another forum doesn't make you an expert on everything. Want to learn a thing or two about memory card? Cardspeed is one of the most informative sites out there http://www.hjreggel.net/cardspeed/index.html

http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=97185

http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=50005

Blackspeed is accurate, because it shows how fast the PSP actually reads from the stick, just like cf_bench on the DS does. These numbers coorelated with numbers on a PC using the proper memory stick reader, with a chipset such as the Genesis Logic GL8XX series, or the higher end Alcor logic chipsets.

Are A-Data Microsds crap because they're MIT? No, they're actually faster than 1GB Kingston Microsd cards by far in transfer rate, and meet them in seek time. Seek time is the only thing that matters on a DS, as the serial bus to the DS slot is slow in terms of transfer rate(only a few megabytes a second). Most MicroSD cards are too slow for PoR and Tony Hawk. For these titles, and to work with every flash card out there, you want a card with .07msec seek times, which only 1GB Kingston Japans provide, and the A-Data 4GB Class 6 cards.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
almost all the time that site returns a :

The connection was reset
The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.
* The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few
moments.
* If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
connection.
* If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

the time it actually does return a result
all results are returned by hjreggel, I dont know who that is, only one other person actually submitted something ATP once,
also almost all the tests are blank, there no results except for 3 sony sticks

the only actual complete compare stuff on the page is the SM and XD cards
but theres no other results from anyone else
I dont get what this page was supposed to teach me

a looking plain boring website which doesnt work most of the time and barely no actually tests on it???
and it seems the creator left the website, again its no better then posting some guys blog and posting it as the truth
same with the fourm you posted, I want actual web sites here
no fourm posts/blogs

and why are you talking about MicroSD cards???
this discussion was about Memory Stick Pro Duo's

IBNobody

I try to keep myself amused.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Joe88,

You haven't given any exact evidence supporting the "all Lexar sticks sucks" theory. You've made conjectures on homebrew/ISO performance based on "threads you've read", but you couldn't actually pin anything down based on your actual experience with Lexar. You didn't even tell us how we fellow Lexar owners could help you prove your point. You just repeat the same "facts" that don't appear to be applicable to the 4GB Lexar Platinum II's.

I can't say all Lexar sticks don't suck. The 1GB and 2GB sticks may very well suck, and I've seen that the 8GBs do suck (from a benchmarking perspective). But... I can say that the 4GB Platinum II's are great sticks. They perform on-par with Ultra II 4GBs (and exceed them in some of the smaller block I/O benchmarks), and they are dirt cheap (as low as $28). I have had no homebrew, PRX, or ISO problems with them, and I load my PSP down pretty heavily. Finally, I'm not the only owner here who has said they are good sticks. Are we all lying?

You are debating with people who have working hardware sitting in front of them, and trying to convince them that their hardware sucks is akin to pissing in the wind. Your best option is to just admit: While you've heard that Lexar sticks are garbage, you haven't had enough experience with these particular 4GB sticks to judge them one way or another. (Who knows... Whatever flash fab Lexar used may have actually done something right?)

What I would suggest to you (or any naysayer in the USA) is to go pick some of these sticks up and try them out. If they fail (or even if they succeed), you can just return them. (That's what I did with numerous brands of when I was shopping around, and that's why I chose to stick with the Lexar Plats.)

If trying the sticks yourself is too much to ask, put a little trust into us and tell us how we can prove to everyone that the sticks are good or bad.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was talking about stuff like this

http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=58822

its seems the newer M33 firmwares fixed a lot of the problems with the ISO loading
but the plugin problem still exists which is the reason I didnt get one
I want the best compatibility for a decent price and didnt just buy a different stick because it was $10 cheaper only to be screwed elsewhere, I do have a large amount of PRX's running off my stick

now as far as the Platinum II I havnt heard anything bad or even heard of it before
the normal ones and the gamer edition one have the problems

now I cant just go out and buy memory sticks just to test them
the fact that the store wont give me a refund or will probably just give me a replacement and im stuck with it
Id rather just buy a stick thats totally compatible and will everything thats its supposed and not waste my time and money on sticks that Ive heard and read multiple times that they dont work properly

doom5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Joe88: Can you understand the English language? It doesn't appear so. The Plug-in issue thread you linked to is old as hell, and I already posted days ago a link explaining the issue, and how it also affected Genuine Sony Memory sticks purchased at retail stores.

READ READ. Dark_Alex's firmware was not waiting for the memory card to be initialized and file system to be mounted before attempting to load the plug-ins. He released a patch for this, and later incorporated the patch in 3.90M33-2 and above. http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.ph...7185&page=2

How dense are you going to continue to be? I don't understand why people get biased so easily, without any hands on evidence...

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
doom5 said:
Joe88: Can you understand the English language? It doesn't appear so. The Plug-in issue thread you linked to is old as hell, and I already posted days ago a link explaining the issue, and how it also affected Genuine Sony Memory sticks purchased at retail stores.

READ READ. Dark_Alex's firmware was not waiting for the memory card to be initialized and file system to be mounted before attempting to load the plug-ins. He released a patch for this, and later incorporated the patch in 3.90M33-2 and above. http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.ph...7185&page=2

How dense are you going to continue to be? I don't understand why people get biased so easily, without any hands on evidence...
it only affected the lexar sticks

I have never come across any threads about the sony stick causing problems, only the fake ones

just type in lexar on any forum dedicated to psp exploiting/hacking and threads will pop up all over the place
I used that thread because it was the best example (well written and did contain incoherent nonsense)
threads from any a few weeks ago will still come up with the same problems, its still affecting these said sticks

now if the platinum II have no problems, well thats fine, but everybody is buying the other sticks and or fake lexar sticks from ebay and none the plugin's work anymore

doom5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Joe88 said:
doom5 said:

it only affected the lexar sticks

I have never come across any threads about the sony stick causing problems, only the fake ones

just type in lexar on any forum dedicated to psp exploiting/hacking and threads will pop up all over the place
I used that thread because it was the best example (well written and did contain incoherent nonsense)
threads from any a few weeks ago will still come up with the same problems, its still affecting these said sticks

now if the platinum II have no problems, well thats fine, but everybody is buying the other sticks and or fake lexar sticks from ebay and none the plugin's work anymore
'
It did not only affect Lexar sticks. Like I said, it also affected Genuine 8GB Sony memory sticks. The thread I linked to was created because of issues with a SONY memory stick, not even a Lexar!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Gotta get that government cheese one new laptop a year +1