Hacking Best 2Gb MicroSD for an M3 Simply?

st0nedpenguin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Howdy.

I know the whole Japan 1Gb card debate has been beaten to death, and there seems to have been occasional mention of 2Gb MicroSD cards on here (Although I've only scoured about the first 20 pages).

I'm ordering an M3 Simply over the next couple days though, and I'm just wondering if anyone has tried any of the 2Gb MicroSD cards with the M3/R4?

I know there's a couple games that are pretty much guaranteed not to work with a 2Gb card, but I'd really prefer the extra size without having to fiddle about swapping between two 1Gb cards, and the affected games aren't really anything I'm too worried about, so does anyone have any recommendations?

Edit: A few people seem to be mentioning the Sandisk 2Gb cards, is there any noticeable difference between the regular 2G and the Ultra II 2Gb models?

I'm in the UK if it makes any difference.

Any comments would be much appreciated.
wink2.gif

(Sorry if this topic has been beaten to death)

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I just got scammed 90 dollars on trying to buy an Ultra II. Just don't try on eBay. They usually don't even have them (a joke really, the guy I bought it off has nearly 140000 feedback).

There doesn't seem to be too much of a difference with 2 GB cards (maybe the Ultra II lies outside that, but they're so fucking rare online it's not worth the hassle. I heard Patriot 2GB cards were better, but nobody has actually confirmed this.

FifthE1ement

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no such thing as the SanDisk 2GB Ultra II. There was an error when the 2GB first appeared in Verizon stores where 2GB regulars were produced with 2GB Ultra II labels. I have also contacted SanDisk on the issue and they apologized profusely and offered users who were scammed a free product. Some stores, especially eBay vendors took advantage of this and started to sell 2GB Ultra II models, but I am here to tell you that there IS NO SUCH THING! Check the SanDisk website for it and then check this SDSDQU-2048 code, which is what should be the 2GB Ultra II serial, which is fake! I can give you a contact email to SanDisk or you can call them or email them, and they will confim this. You'll find mainly UK dealers selling the 2GB model and 99% of the time they don't even have an official image of the device. Don't be fooled by thiefs who will try and sell you anything. I am reviewing over 7 microSD cards now (3 are 2GB models), and Ill have my review ready by tomorrow or Wednesday.

FifthE1ement
yaynds.gif

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Some people on the forum seem to say they have it. I was thinking the same thing too before, as there are no pictures of the Sandisk Ultra II 2GB, but I believed this seller since his feedback is so overwhelmingly high.

fifth, which 2 GB cards are you reviewing? Or will you leave it a surprise
ohmy.gif

Why doesn't gbatemp do microSD reviews. Especially since there are so many questions about them. Then again there isn't much to review except speed and packaging >_>

shiwen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i got the 2gb patriot from frys on sale for $34 a couple of weeks back. no slow downs in dawn of sorrow opening or freezing in portrait of ruin. what games are not working on 2gb cards?

betaboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm using a Sandisk 2GB Ultra II and it works fine with everything I've tried (not tried POR though).
Mymemory.co.uk has Sandisk 2GB Ultra II cards for £24.99 and regular 2GB for £17.99 (I bought mine from this site).
Also Kingston 2GB for £15.99.
Linky

FifthE1ement

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to tell you but they are fakes. Most are still batches of the regular 2GB model with the incorrect labels. Some are just plain fakes altogether. It seems only UK stores are selling them. And check out the image:

1151072216-large.jpg

It looks real legit, lol. If you don't believe me then contact SanDisk customer support by phone, mail, or email and they will confirm that there is no such thing as the "SDSDQU-2048-E10M" or "SDSDQU-2048".

4saken I am making it a surprise, lol, but don't worry I'll have it posted by tomorrow or Wednesday.

FifthE1ement
grog.gif

FifthE1ement

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SanDisk definitely makes the best overall microSD, but you'll have to wait for my review for more info, lol. Can you post your review specs?

FifthE1ement
yaynds.gif

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So it it fake or not? I don't want to be bashing this guy on eBay if he actually has them
sleep.gif
Either way, I don't have them after a month, so he has to die!

st0nedpenguin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ahh, thanks for the info on the Ultra2 (Or lack of), and great to hear about the review!

Decided to pick up a cheap 1Gb now until the 2Gb review and I've had a chance to look into them a little further, considering how cheap they are I figure I may as well.

mag2005

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought a 2gb and a 1gb Sandisk microSD and they are made in Taiwan. Both run games flawlessly. They are cheap too at amazon.com.

id242

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't wait for a 2gb sandisk review because i'm not really satisfied with 1gb.

I've had the SanDisk MicroSD 2gb for almost a year now. It is total crap for SCDS1, but works just fine in the R4 - no problems except in PoR, where it randomly freezes just like most other cards do. The SanDisk MicroSD 2gb is incredibly slow, not just in the DS scene, but plenty of SmartPhone users have also complained about it, to the point even where the phone randomly detects the card during usage and sometimes because of it, corrupts your data.

I have a nice shiny new Kingston 2gb MicroSD (just arrived from NewEgg.com) which will go into my 8525 phone later tonight. I may post up the speed results to the common gbatemp wiki later in the week.

FifthE1ement

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like I said if you don't want to take my word on the SanDisk Ultra II 2GB microSD simply contact them via their website by phone or email and they will confirm. I have already done so, so rest assured you're able to slam the eBay seller.

FifthE1ement
grog.gif

celentt

Trophies
XP
Country
I only tell people to use one card, and one card only - SanDisk Ultra II 1GB, if you're looking for something else, then ur just asking for trouble

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :shy::blush: +1