Hardware Behold THE GLORY of the cpp

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted User

Anyone against CPP, your argument is invalid.
How does this make our argument invalid? Idk about anyone else, but I think the stand is just as ridiculous and impractical as the CPP is.
Agreed. I don't see how when were complaining about the CPP that posting a picture of a stand thats just as impractical makes any of our arguments invalid.
At least that holy altar is FREE with KI: Uprising.

You need to pay $20 for that god-like brick.
Sorry, I meant 'Anyone who thinks the CPP is a good idea, your argument is invalid. *Posts picture of pointless piece of black plastic*.'
:3

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
^^^^
What the hell did I just read?
Someone defending the CPP by stating all its good points but failing to mention how much bulkier it is now, even the DSiXL is thinner in comparison.

Well, you gotta give some credit. The negative points have been spammed here, there, and everywhere. You'd have to have been living under a rock to not hear about those.

Now, it may be bulky and not really portable-friendly (like taking it with you), but I don't think they were designing it to take up as little space as possible. They were aiming more towards comfort, which is one of the positives that has gotten around just as much as the negative points. It's also simply an addon, not required at all. I would say if it ever planned it to become required, they'd have designed it for extensive use.

bowser

Mwa ha ha ha!
Trophies
XP
Country
India
It's even worse when you look at the inside of the CPP.

*snip image

They could have made the device significantly more smaller.
Wow, just wow. That could'be been alot smaller.

I'm so glad I didn't but this shit.

Don't worry guys, Nintendo is already working on a redesign to make a CPP lite.

Weaselpipe

Erratic Temp user
Trophies
XP
Country
Is this subject still going on?!
I was a CPP hater, but got one when revelations came out as I knew being a lefty I'd need one for Uprising and I wouldn't have the money then.

I tried it, and went 'that's pretty comfortable- maybe I'll keep it in my bag if I'm taking a game I need it for with me'. When clearly what I should have done is try to stuff it into my pocket violently whilst doing lunges and yelling "curse you Nintendo! Why couldn't you make a Vita! My pockets are all tearing away!"

I'm a sucker though- I had a magnifier and light for my GB/GBC, and an AC adapter for my GBA. Because although they hindered the portability they enhanced what was already there. In fact my GB wouldn't fit in a pocket and the games were the size of some phones...

You kids don't know you're born......

Reactions: 2 people

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was a CPP hater, but got one when revelations came out as I knew being a lefty I'd need one for Uprising and I wouldn't have the money then.

I tried it, and went 'that's pretty comfortable- maybe I'll keep it in my bag if I'm taking a game I need it for with me'. When clearly what I should have done is try to stuff it into my pocket violently whilst doing lunges and yelling "curse you Nintendo! Why couldn't you make a Vita! My pockets are all tearing away!"

I'm a sucker though- I had a magnifier and light for my GB/GBC, and an AC adapter for my GBA. Because although they hindered the portability they enhanced what was already there. In fact my GB wouldn't fit in a pocket and the games were the size of some phones...

This.

Qft, my sentiments exactly. Granted, I've yet to pick up a 3DS with a CPP, but I don't think it could be that terrible. It looks like it greatly increases the ergonomics, and while it reduces portability, not everything in it's first iteration is very portable.

Car phones, anyone? I may still be a young'un (I'll be 20 in a week) but When I was young my parents still had one in their Infiniti G20. It worked great, it was just big, and you obviously couldn't take it out of the car. A few years later they got their first cell phones - these giant Motorola ones. Yeah, you couldn't fit those in your pocket, you needed a case or something for them, but hey, they worked.

Though it is still kidna fun to crack jokes about it, lol.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
A few years later they got their first cell phones - these giant Motorola ones. Yeah, you couldn't fit those in your pocket, you needed a case or something for them, but hey, they worked.
HA! I remember my parents had one of those when I was a kid (I'm 22, btw). In fact, I think it might still be sitting around the house somewhere...

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country

This.

Qft, my sentiments exactly. Granted, I've yet to pick up a 3DS with a CPP, but I don't think it could be that terrible. It looks like it greatly increases the ergonomics, and while it reduces portability, not everything in it's first iteration is very portable.

Car phones, anyone? I may still be a young'un (I'll be 20 in a week) but When I was young my parents still had one in their Infiniti G20. It worked great, it was just big, and you obviously couldn't take it out of the car. A few years later they got their first cell phones - these giant Motorola ones. Yeah, you couldn't fit those in your pocket, you needed a case or something for them, but hey, they worked.

Though it is still kidna fun to crack jokes about it, lol.

This again.

It's not DESIGNED to be portable. It's not DESIGNED to make you look cool.

It IS DESIGNED to add:
>An extra circle pad for people who want another control scheme to chose from.
>Extra comfort / better ergonomic shape for people that were COMPLAINING about the 3DS being too small (who are now just blatantly ignoring the fact that they were complaining and are now saying it's too big. Sounds more like Ninty-haters to me).

Why can no one seems to grasp this concept? Is it REALLY that difficult to understand? The same thing applies (and is easier to see) with the stand introduced with Kid Icarus. it is OBVIOUSLY not designed to be taken out but Nintendo have obviously found that many people would prefer to sit down and play at a table.

In my honest opinion, everyone hating on the circle pad pro either has no idea what it actually is or is simply hating on the 3DS (which seems to be the latest thing to do around here).

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
In my honest opinion, everyone hating on the circle pad pro either has no idea what it actually is or is simply hating on the 3DS (which seems to be the latest thing to do around here).
Hi, how's Buyer's Denial holding up for you?
Buyers Denial Syndrome said:
AKA BDS. its a cause of a customer buying a product and it turns out to be a faulty product or a product that was under the expectation of the customer who recieved it.

Instead of the customer A. returning the product to the company for a better one. or B. realize that they have been duped and count their losses. They instead lie to themselves that the product was supposed to do this all along and that this is a good product knowing that it is a bad lackluster investment in a product.
-Can you believe he told me that in madden? the uniforms are not a big deal and also that player doing a moonwalk on the field is just a planned patch from EA coming soon?
-yeah he suffers from Buyers Denial Syndrome. Probably thinks that superman returns should have been game of the year too....

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
This again.

It IS DESIGNED to add:
>An extra circle pad for people who want another control scheme to chose from.
>Extra comfort / better ergonomic shape for people that were COMPLAINING about the 3DS being too small (who are now just blatantly ignoring the fact that they were complaining and are now saying it's too big. Sounds more like Ninty-haters to me).

Why can no one seems to grasp this concept? Is it REALLY that difficult to understand? The same thing applies (and is easier to see) with the stand introduced with Kid Icarus. it is OBVIOUSLY not designed to be taken out but Nintendo have obviously found that many people would prefer to sit down and play at a table.

Hey now, I've been a full-on Nintendo fanboy since I was 5 (and still am). And I'm definitely a 3DS fanboy. :ha:

You (and the others arguing the same side) have a point about the comfort the CPP adds. That makes sense, and no argument there. But what really bothers me (and I can't speak for anyone else, but I imagine it bothers so many others who dislike the CPP) is the fact that the second analog itself SHOULD have been part of the system in the first place. You want an add on for the 3DS that makes it more comfortable, at the expense of beauty/portability/etc? Fine. There's no problem with that at all (in fact, I'm sure I had a very similar add-on for my Gameboy Advance, except instead of an analog, it added a light, magnifying glass, and "comfort covers" for the buttons). Heck, even I might invest some money in that for playing at home, if that's all it was.

But all I'm criticizing here isn't the whole idea of a comfier grip itself, which I rather like (except that it puts the screen off-center, which is the only thing keeping me from getting one). What I'm criticizing is the second analog in particular, which at least 3 or 4 games so far are just BEGGING to have for decent controls, and yet isn't included in the actual system. You see what I mean?

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
OP
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
gallery_123159_43_789.jpg

I beg you don't cry.

Reactions: 4 people

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, I meant 'Anyone who thinks the CPP is a good idea, your argument is invalid. *Posts picture of pointless piece of black plastic*.'
:3
Still a bit confused, actually. :3

Sounds to me that he's saying the CPP is as useless as the plastic stand that comes with Kid Icarus. And you know what, for a lot of people (myself included) he's absolutely right. I see no reason that I'd ever get a CPP, I've played a couple of the games that can utilize it and found no issues with the controls without using the CPP. Yet, I can see how someone with different preferences might actually want the CPP or even the stand for Kid Icarus.

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
AKA BDS. its a cause of a customer buying a product and it turns out to be a faulty product or a product that was under the expectation of the customer who recieved it.

Instead of the customer A. returning the product to the company for a better one. or B. realize that they have been duped and count their losses. They instead lie to themselves that the product was supposed to do this all along and that this is a good product knowing that it is a bad lackluster investment in a product.
-Can you believe he told me that in madden? the uniforms are not a big deal and also that player doing a moonwalk on the field is just a planned patch from EA coming soon?
-yeah he suffers from Buyers Denial Syndrome. Probably thinks that superman returns should have been game of the year too....

I have always had this view on the CPP, even BEFORE I bought a 3DS. I haven't even got a CPP.

It's an accessory for a portable - it should be portable by proxy.

Did you read the rest of my post? It's just like the stand released with Kid Icarus - Nintendo didn't make it so it could be portable. Not EVERYONE plays portables while on the move / in a public place you know? In fact, I'm willing to bet over 50% play their 3DS at home more than while out of the house.

But what really bothers me (and I can't speak for anyone else, but I imagine it bothers so many others who dislike the CPP) is the fact that the second analog itself SHOULD have been part of the system in the first place. You want an add on for the 3DS that makes it more comfortable, at the expense of beauty/portability/etc? Fine. There's no problem with that at all (in fact, I'm sure I had a very similar add-on for my Gameboy Advance, except instead of an analog, it added a light, magnifying glass, and "comfort covers" for the buttons). Heck, even I might invest some money in that for playing at home, if that's all it was.

But all I'm criticizing here isn't the whole idea of a comfier grip itself, which I rather like (except that it puts the screen off-center, which is the only thing keeping me from getting one). What I'm criticizing is the second analog in particular, which at least 3 or 4 games so far are just BEGGING to have for decent controls, and yet isn't included in the actual system. You see what I mean?
Yes, I agree. But I don't think Nintendo have many plans for games to make use of the CPP, and so building it into the system would increase costs and size for the sake of a few games. Yet having an add-on is a good option for developers to bear in mind when designing their game, as it adds flexibility and gives the users a choice.

Reactions: 1 person

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan

I have always had this view on the CPP, even BEFORE I bought a 3DS. I haven't even got a CPP.
So you're bullshitting?
Get back to me after you've actually tried one. Bye!

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country

So you're bullshitting?

I never said I haven't tried one. I said I haven't bought one. There's a difference.

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
OP
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia

So you're bullshitting?

Its called blind fanboyism.

I don't own this product, I probably have never even tried it, but I will defend it to the death.

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1